ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

AndChiefs 01-27-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8330447)
PS: Everytime I'm online, I get at least 1-2 PM's asking me to join an infected lobby by some 13 year old douchbag.

WTF is up with these dorks? How fun is it to run around a map and have it be super unrealistic? WHy even play this game?

This game is great, it's the players that make it suck.

People don't play objectives, people camp, people use noob tubes because they can't aim with a gun, people dashboard, people sing in the mic, people boost, people host infected lobbies, people talk shit.

fucking people.

It always is a 13 year old as well. Maybe once your balls drop the fun in that falls?

Your last paragraph is completely true though.

Mr. Plow 01-27-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8330414)
Yes, yes it does.

That being said I've been running around with crappy weapons that no one uses trying to find out if you can make them worthwhile at all. It's pretty fun but the k/d sure does suffer.

This is what I've been doing as well. I've been trying different guns that I wouldn't normally try just to **** around.

Mr. Plow 01-27-2012 08:37 AM

Also....when does the map pack release to everyone?

Valiant 01-27-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8330468)
Also....when does the map pack release to everyone?

March I believe on xbox..

Quesadilla Joe 01-28-2012 01:03 AM

Just played Black Ops for the first time in forever and had a blast. Seems like all of the campers have left Black Ops for MW3.

I did get one all Ghost lobby but at least in Black Ops I can call in a shitload of counter spy planes and take away their radar.

Quesadilla Joe 02-01-2012 01:13 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XPbUE9E9u_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I cracked the hell up at 2:32

Molitoth 02-01-2012 08:13 AM

It seems like I've been getting killed behind walls much more often than before the patch.... or maybe my connection has just gotten worse.

on a side note: I think I finally got into a match with a cheater last night. Everytime I emptied a clip in him I would get the Ballistic vest symbol and yet he would turn around and kill me with a bullet to the toe. After about 3 deaths to that prick I decided staying in that lobby wasn't worth it so I backed out. Also, there was 3 quickscopers on that team and we were playing Interchange. I just don't deal with Quickscopers very well, it's basically legal cheating.

Then I get into a lobby and play Resistance TDM. I get first blood and 2 more kills in the first 15 seconds of the match. Another kill, pred missle, Helicopter, few more kills, Reaper..... then connection times out. If my luck kept up, I was on pace to go a rediculas KDR on that match, damn the luck.

It's too bad I really sucked the butt when I first started playing this game... it's taking me far too long to get up to 2.0 KDR, but I'm almost there.

Dayze 02-01-2012 08:25 AM

I received MW3 for Christmas, but I'm not sure I can play it (it's unopened) after playing BF3. However, I'm sure I'll bust it out at some point and check it out.

What types of MP game modes are there? I know there's TDM etc, but are there any other modes equivalent to Rush (offense v defense objectives) or Conquest (controlling flags)? Is there a ticket system in those modes (ie, only so many respawn tickets per team)?

Quesadilla Joe 02-01-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8340485)
I received MW3 for Christmas, but I'm not sure I can play it (it's unopened) after playing BF3. However, I'm sure I'll bust it out at some point and check it out.

What types of MP game modes are there? I know there's TDM etc, but are there any other modes equivalent to Rush (offense v defense objectives) or Conquest (controlling flags)? Is there a ticket system in those modes (ie, only so many respawn tickets per team)?

Demolition is like rush. 2 bombs, both of them must be blown up for the offense to win the round.

Domination is like conquest. 3 flags you get one point per flag you own every 5 seconds.

The only gamemode where you don't have unlimited respawns is in Search and Destroy, which is like Demolition but only one bomb site has to be destroyed to win the round and you only get one life per round (there are up to 7 rounds in Search and Destroy)

Dayze 02-01-2012 09:37 AM

cool; thanks man.

Molitoth 02-01-2012 11:41 AM

I've had enough of this piece of shit game. I'm finally going to sell it today. It's costing me way too many anger problems, and a couple of controllers.

Infinity Ward can hit me up when they get neutral hosts figured out.

Dayze 02-01-2012 11:49 AM

I've been checking out vids to see if I should ever bother opening MW3 (which is new in the package), or just use my gift receipt to get something else. Anyway, I stumbled across this. LMAO.
Don't pay so much attention to the title, but just this guy infuriating everyone else. lol

NSFW BTW...some language etc.
LMAO around the 5:32 mark.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aeJO775ZEVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

*Edit*...just noticed some of this guys other videos....ROFL

Pants 02-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8340903)
I've had enough of this piece of shit game. I'm finally going to sell it today. It's costing me way too many anger problems, and a couple of controllers.

Infinity Ward can hit me up when they get neutral hosts figured out.

Please stop calling that abortion of a studio Infinity Ward. The real Infinity Ward left Activision after MW2 and started their own studio. Activision has the legal rights to the name of the studio and the IP (the brand), but it's not the same product as literally none of the talent behind Call of Duty (the IW versions, at least) is working on those games any more.

Kraus 02-01-2012 12:11 PM

Popped in MW3 to play a couple days ago - it is just missing that "special something" MW2 and COD4 had. Hell, even Black Ops was better.

Pants 02-01-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8340949)
Popped in MW3 to play a couple days ago - it is just missing that "special something" MW2 and COD4 had. Hell, even Black Ops was better.

**** me, MW2 was just so amazing. It was the most addicting FPS I have ever played. If you didn't convince me to switch to BC2, I would have probably ended up with like 30 days played in MW2.