ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

O.city 02-27-2013 11:09 PM

The deal is done bro move on

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9449600)
For what we have up ill take Alex smith and gholdson if they tag him but he'd want a new contract too

Why not just sign him in free agency? They aren't tagging him, but this space from the Alex Smith deal likely opens the door for them to sign him.

They can't tag him though unless they get 7 mill under the cap before March 4.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-27-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9449574)
How is a trade done, but they are still finalizing the compensation?

For a trade to be done, both sides have to agree to the trade parameters.

If I go to a pawn shop and tell em I want a tv that they have and negotiate a price that I want and they don't agree to it...I say, I'll be back...the deal isn't done yet.

I don't see any way that we have up that much for Alex Smith.

Andy Reid flat out said he doesn't want a game manager, he needs a quarterback that goes out and wins games...that's not Alex Smith...let alone trading that much for a game manager.

Something just doesn't smell right.

Either there is another player involved, or we are gonna get a significant pick back in return.

There is no significant pick to get back.

As a Chiefs fan, what does Hamas' Last Theorem suggest to you?

The Chiefs will significantly overpay for Alex Smith both in draft picks and financial compensation. They will receive nothing in return.

Andy Reid made this trade because he views Smith as a franchise QB.

Andy Reid is, obviously, as right about Smith as he is good at being a father.

Mother****erJones 02-27-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9449584)
This site is getting absurd already.

Reid roasted Asomugha in an interview, and now this site wants you to believe that not only does Reid want him again, he wants him at his current salary and to drop 3 spots to get him?

BS.

He got the Smith deal right so i figured **** it why not if for no other purposes than comedy, lets see what else they get right

ChiefsCountry 02-27-2013 11:09 PM

If we trade down - Buffalo would be the best spot especially with the value/need that we have. That would put us down in Millner, Patterson range. Hell I could live with Buffalo having Geno Smith.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9449603)
ProFootballCentral

The Kansas City Chiefs who hold the number 1 overall pick, reportedly are not blown away with anyone that they feel is worthy of a number 1 overall pick. The Chiefs may trade out of this pick and gain picks or a player.

This is new information

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9449603)
ProFootballCentral

The Kansas City Chiefs who hold the number 1 overall pick, reportedly are not blown away with anyone that they feel is worthy of a number 1 overall pick. The Chiefs may trade out of this pick and gain picks or a player.

This is shocking news.

penbrook 02-27-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9449610)
This is new information

Nope. Just means we wont take joeckel and B Albert will be re signed.

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9449609)
If we trade down - Buffalo would be the best spot especially with the value/need that we have. That would put us down in Millner, Patterson range. Hell I could live with Buffalo having Geno Smith.

I don't think Millner gets past Detroit.

I do think some teams will want to get Joeckel. I think the Lions would certainly be interested in moving up to protect Stafford, who took a beating last year.

Reiff is their RT.

BossChief 02-27-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9449600)
For what we have up ill take Alex smith and gholdson if they tag him but he'd want a new contract too

If the deal is a second and third for Alex Smith AND Gholdson, I'm not as pissed anymore.

That means he could be traded for as a stopgap and we added another solid piece to the defense.

I'd have no problem paying him.

O.city 02-27-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9449606)
Why not just sign him in free agency? They aren't tagging him, but this space from the Alex Smith deal likely opens the door for them to sign him.

They can't tag him though unless they get 7 mill under the cap before March 4.

We are taking smith off their hands and giving tem what we are, it's the least they can do

The Bad Guy 02-27-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9449615)
Nope. Just means we wont take joeckel and B Albert will be re signed.

No, that tweet means absolute shit.

Are CoMoChief's son?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-27-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9449604)
Hypothetically, if we swap second-rounders and don't extend Smith, all hope is not entirely lost.

Odds of that happening are less than the odds of me receiving a blowbang from Natalie Portman, Kate Upton, and Jennifer Lawrence.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9449604)
Hypothetically, if we swap second-rounders and don't extend Smith, all hope is not entirely lost.

Hypothetically, if the Chiefs cared about protecting the fan base from the fallout off the nuclear strike that just hit us, they would have squashed this trade report today.

As it is, they're huddled inside their bunker, protected completely from the blast by layers upon thick layers of true fans.

Sorter 02-27-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9449620)
No, that tweet means absolute shit.

Are CoMoChief's son?

LMAO