ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

KevB 10-08-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 10064570)
This is the second straight year a top prospect has chosen to join Bill Self’s Jayhawks rather than John Calipari’s Wildcats. The #1 prospect in the class of 2013, forward Andrew Wiggins, chose the Jayhawks over the Wildcats, Florida State Seminoles and North Carolina Tar Heels. HAHA Calipari SUCK IT!!! There is a new recruit leader and it isn't you! rochambeau

Not to spoil your party, but Kentucky has 5 of the top 10 freshmen in the 2013 class on their roster.

ArrowheadHawk 10-08-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10064823)
Not to spoil your party, but Kentucky has 5 of the top 10 freshmen in the 2013 class on their roster.

The don't however have the best recruit.

the Talking Can 10-08-2013 06:01 PM

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/o...ku-basketball/

Quote:

"I decided today, but I really decided Saturday, the last day of my (campus) visit. I felt it was a great move for me and my family and the right situation. I pulled the trigger on it. I feel it was a great decision," Oubre said today in a phone interview.

"I was up there a couple days. I could see the brotherhood they have. I see how in coach (Bill) Self's program, they are all for it. They treat everybody like there's nothing bigger than the team, even the guys who are one and done. Nobody is bigger than the program."

Oubre, who is ranked No. 12 nationally by RIvals.com, averaged 22.7 points a game his junior season in leading Bush High in Richmond, Texas, to the Region III-5A championship game.

"I'll play the 2, 3, 4, wherever coach needs me I'll play," Oubre said today. "It doesn't matter to me. I want to get in there and be the best all-around player I can be."

Kiimo 10-08-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10064429)
Originally posted by DeathMetalKyFan:

I don't know why any recruits would look into the Wiggins to KU deal as anything positive towards KU. Yes, he is a great basketball player and will most likely be a OAD player, but he didn't go to KU because of the school...He went to KU so he could be close to his brother.

He would have probably ended up at UK if his brother played for WKU or another close school.

LMAO

I thought my retort to him was pretty good.

If the school didn't matter, why didn't he go to Wichita State?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10064581)
Best response to that was "If the school doesn't matter, then why wouldn't he just go to school with his brother?"

Dipshits.

:toast:

CoMoChief 10-08-2013 06:13 PM

Tyus Jones and Ohkafor are still on KU list

So is Cliff Alexander and this Lyles guy that just decommitted from Louisville.

KU's bound to get a pkg deal on one of these 2 groups of blue chippers.

KU's sitting pretty. People look at KU and see winning. Winning still goes a long ways in recruiting...it always will.

KC_Connection 10-08-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10063412)
When Cal was getting all these top recruits yall accused him of cheating. I'm sure you'll hold self to the same standard?

It's not cheating if you don't get caught. Ask Carl Lewis.

Kiimo 10-08-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10064971)
Tyus Jones and Ohkafor are still on KU list

So is Cliff Alexander and this Lyles guy that just decommitted from Louisville.

KU's bound to get a pkg deal on one of these 2 groups of blue chippers.

KU's sitting pretty. People look at KU and see winning. Winning still goes a long ways in recruiting...it always will.

Lyle is NOT on KU's list. He's on his own list which exists only in his head.

silver5liter 10-08-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10064429)
Originally posted by DeathMetalKyFan:

I don't know why any recruits would look into the Wiggins to KU deal as anything positive towards KU. Yes, he is a great basketball player and will most likely be a OAD player, but he didn't go to KU because of the school...He went to KU so he could be close to his brother.

He would have probably ended up at UK if his brother played for WKU or another close school.

LMAO

Sweet Jesus is this real life?

Mr. Plow 10-08-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 10065191)
Sweet Jesus is this real life?

Take 20 minutes and go read http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.a...2805212&Page=2

sedated 10-08-2013 07:38 PM

Not to bring up the Calipari/Self thing again, but KU seems to target (and get) the kids who want to be great basketball players. Calipari gets the guys who want to be superstars and 1st overall picks.

Will be really interesting to see how that turns out the next 2 years.

SuperChief 10-08-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10065233)

I took 10. Jesus, what a ****ing cesspool.

Mr. Laz 10-08-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10063545)
Kelly Paul Oubre Jr. ‏@K_Ctmd22 28s
Blessed to say that I have Committed to Kansas University !! #RockChalk

BLAMMMMY!!!

:clap:

Mr. Laz 10-08-2013 08:13 PM

Bo Pelini has always been obsessed with KU, he just can't stay away.

LMAO

KC_Connection 10-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10065240)
Not to bring up the Calipari/Self thing again, but KU seems to target (and get) the kids who want to be great basketball players. Calipari gets the guys who want to be superstars and 1st overall picks.

Will be really interesting to see how that turns out the next 2 years.

This would seem to imply there's something wrong with wanting to be a superstar/1st overall pick. I have little doubt, for example, that Wiggins wants to be both of those things.

Mr. Laz 10-08-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10065446)
This would seem to imply there's something wrong with wanting to be a superstar/1st overall pick. I have little doubt, for example, that Wiggins wants to be both of those things.

A difference about whether the basketball or the Superstar comes first in the priority list.