ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

Ultra Peanut 06-09-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4787068)
McMahon giving money away is really killing the flow of the show. I'm curious to see what the ratings will be, though.

Did any of you loons register?

(I didn't)

How could I pass up the chance to win $2?

keg in kc 06-09-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4787055)
Take THAT, obscenely expensive Jeritron 6000!

Just got there on my DVR. Goddamn. Those two are going to steal the show in any program with each other.

Ultra Peanut 06-09-2008 08:31 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOD DAMNIT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE

Ultra Peanut 06-09-2008 08:34 PM

Did they have to bleep out "WWF" and "shit"?

Justin Smith rules.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-09-2008 10:12 PM

ROFL ROFL

God, I loved this angle. RIP Ray Traylor.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UyJ3T5dwOOo&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UyJ3T5dwOOo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reaper16 06-10-2008 12:29 AM

So I've read 400 + pages of Bret Hart's unreleased-in-the-U.S. memoir, "Hitman," in the past two days... it's fantastic. It feels super-credible, even at its most ego-placating moments. One downside is that I respect HBK a considerable deal less than I did before picking up this book.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 4787329)
So I've read 400 + pages of Bret Hart's unreleased-in-the-U.S. memoir, "Hitman," in the past two days... it's fantastic. It feels super-credible, even at its most ego-placating moments. One downside is that I respect HBK a considerable deal less than I did before picking up this book.

Pretty obvious he has an axe to grind with HBK. I wonder how much of it is true.

Ultra Peanut 06-10-2008 02:33 AM

I doubt there's anything in there that's too shocking, considering how incredibly massive a douchebag HBK was in the '90s, but yeah, you've definitely got to take the fact that Bret basically considers Shawn the worst person on Earth into account.

By the way, AmDrag made Cade tape to the cattle mutilation in a dark match. Shrug.

Moobs 06-10-2008 03:47 AM

Heh, GTV on that Big Show vid. What was the original plan for that angle supposed to be? Didn't it end up being Golddust TV or something?

Swanman 06-10-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4787356)

By the way, AmDrag made Cade tape to the cattle mutilation in a dark match. Shrug.

That makes me happy and sad at the same time. If Dragon can get a WWE contract and a nice payday, then good for him. He'll be able to retire sooner. But at the same time, you know that Vince and his big-man obsession will get in the way of putting Danielson where he should be, and that's not in the lower or mid-card. The fact that he's less than 200 lbs will really hurt him with the idiot WWE writers. But at the same time, he was trained by Regal and HBK, so that can't hurt. He's at the stage in his career in ROH where he's passing the torch to the younger guys (like losing the fall to Tyler Black in a tag match over the weekend), so it won't surprise me if he leaves, although I don't want him to. He's one of the very first original ROH guys (along with Low Ki and Christopher Daniels).

keg in kc 06-10-2008 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was shocked when I read that. Both that he had a dark match and that he won. That's almost as weird as it was watching his match with Cena on youtube.

Farzin 06-10-2008 09:39 AM

I've lost interest in wrestling. Last time I went to a show was NYR 2007 in Kemper..frickin amazing. I loved the DX match.

Reaper16 06-10-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4787356)
I doubt there's anything in there that's too shocking, considering how incredibly massive a douchebag HBK was in the '90s, but yeah, you've definitely got to take the fact that Bret basically considers Shawn the worst person on Earth into account.

I was going through my VHS archive this morning to watch HBK promos from late '96-'97... Bret was understating how much of a jackass HBK was on-camera during that time period. Shawn was breaking kayfabe all the damn time, delivering personal attacks on Bret during interviews and during guest commentary. Kayfabe still meant something back then, too; its ridiculous to see how unprofessional Shawn was. It seems that he's a whole lot more mature now than he was then, thankfully.

BigRock 06-10-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 4787857)
I was going through my VHS archive this morning to watch HBK promos from late '96-'97... Bret was understating how much of a jackass HBK was on-camera during that time period. Shawn was breaking kayfabe all the damn time, delivering personal attacks on Bret during interviews and during guest commentary. Kayfabe still meant something back then, too; its ridiculous to see how unprofessional Shawn was. It seems that he's a whole lot more mature now than he was then, thankfully.

It was certainly unprofessional, but the sad part about Bret's book is that he basically admits that everything Shawn used to say about him back then was true. He doesn't say "Shawn was right", but he admits that he went around banging broads everywhere he went, constantly cheating on his wife while promoting a "family values" image on TV.

Not that it excuses HBK, but as seriously as Bret seemed to take himself, I can understand how the hypocrisy would start to grate on others around him.

Reaper16 06-10-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 4788007)
It was certainly unprofessional, but the sad part about Bret's book is that he basically admits that everything Shawn used to say about him back then was true. He doesn't say "Shawn was right", but he admits that he went around banging broads everywhere he went, constantly cheating on his wife while promoting a "family values" image on TV.

Not that it excuses HBK, but as seriously as Bret seemed to take himself, I can understand how the hypocrisy would start to grate on others around him.

That's certainly true. Bret had about as much to do with their inability to coexist with each other as Shawn did. Nearly everything Shawn said about Bret was true, though it doesn't excuse Shawn from saying those things on camera. Bret could have broken kayfabe, too, and drilled Shawn for being the unstable, pill-popping, power-hungry jackass that he was, but Bret at least had the sense to not let their squabble spiral to that point.