ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

Bearcat 01-07-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8272214)
So, how many spots do our friends to the east fall? 6? 8? 10?

Heh... realistically though, UConn, Georgetown, and Florida lost this week, and Louisville is currently losing, so probably only a spot or two. MSU will probably jump them. KU will jump at least one spot, ahead of Florida.

Pants 01-07-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Doesn't matter at this point, I think they'll lose more games. This seems to be the same MU team we all know and are used to by now. Same shit, different year. Pretty much the exact same thing happened to them last year. I'm sure the fans are going to go back to claiming how they don't really care about basketball anyway.

Pants 01-07-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8272242)
Heh... realistically though, UConn, Georgetown, and Florida lost this week, and Louisville is currently losing, so probably only a spot or two. MSU will probably jump them. KU will jump at least one spot, ahead of Florida.

We need to be back in the Top 10.

Saul Good 01-07-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

I'm sure we won't fall 10 spots after a 39 point win at home and a 16 point loss on the road, especially after UCONN, Georgetown, and Florida all lost. Don't get your hopes up. It's not like we lost at home to a team like Davidson...not that you care about Mizzou anymore.

Bearcat 01-07-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8272243)
Doesn't matter at this point, I think they'll lose more games. This seems to be the same MU team we all know and are used to by now. Same shit different year. Pretty much the exact same exact thing happened to them last year. I'm sure the fans are going to go back to claiming how they don't really care about basketball anyway.

Not sure what to think... Mizzou wasn't destroying teams last year, like they have so far this season. I figured KSU would bounce back at home, too.

Pants 01-07-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8272270)
Not sure what to think... Mizzou wasn't destroying teams last year, like they have so far this season. I figured KSU would bounce back at home, too.

They did destroy some of them (including a ranked GTown team).

Saul Good 01-07-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8272296)
They did destroy some of them (including a ranked GTown team).

Mizzou lost to GTown last year.

Braincase 01-07-2012 04:33 PM

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Pants 01-07-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8272297)
Mizzou lost to GTown last year.

Ahhh, my memory fails me, then. Regardless, MU had multiple blow out wins last year and was ranked in the top 10 with a 16-1 record before they started losing in the conference. I do think that Haith is utilizing the MU players much better than Anderson did and I believe you guys will finish with a better record this year. We'll see.

Pants 01-07-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8272307)
I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Not sure that applies here.

Braincase 01-07-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8272311)
Not sure that applies here.

From what I saw KU v. OU, I wouldn't call it a pretty win.

Pants 01-07-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8272322)
From what I saw KU v. OU, I wouldn't call it a pretty win.

We demolished them in the 2nd half. First half kind of sucked as we got into foul trouble early and couldn't make an open 3 to save our lives. I didn't think it was an ugly win, but it's very subjective so to each their own. :thumb:

Bearcat 01-07-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8272309)
Ahhh, my memory fails me, then. Regardless, MU had multiple blow out wins last year and was ranked in the top 10 with a 16-1 record before they started losing in the conference. I do think that Haith is utilizing the MU players much better than Anderson did and I believe you guys will finish with a better record this year. We'll see.

Yeah, average margin of victory this season was 25ppg up until today, and it was 19ppg in non-conference last year... so, not as big of a difference as I thought.

Their SoS was over 300 before today, so even though it seemed like they were one of the more focused teams in the country, it's still a matter of seeing who they really are in the next couple of months. You're right, it could be a repeat of last year.

Bambi 01-07-2012 05:37 PM

Wow, what a second half. Team plays like that and Releford takes over a completely outmatched man guarding him like was happening today then this team is going far.

Nice way to kick things off in conference. KU is once again officially the team to beat.

Braincase 01-08-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8272327)
We demolished them in the 2nd half. First half kind of sucked as we got into foul trouble early and couldn't make an open 3 to save our lives. I didn't think it was an ugly win, but it's very subjective so to each their own. :thumb:

Went back and watched the whole game (my son had a basketball game that kept me from seeing the first 30 minutes of gametime).

Yeah, the first half didn't have a lot of positives, but Releford's second half performance was spectacular. Nice to know T-Relly has that game in his pocket.