ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2013 04:27 PM

ROFL

Stanley Nickels 02-06-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9383027)
ROFL

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/158522-...r-gesture.gif?

DeezNutz 02-06-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9383024)
This is Otto Porter Redux. IIRC, Ezekiel's dad went to Mizzou, yet wore tOSU colors to the announcement, and likely helped EZE in this process. Either the Elliotts didn't feel that Pinkel was a good coach, or they felt that his job was in imminent jeopardy (or both). It's pretty telling, regardless.

I believe both of his parents are Mizzou grads.

DJ's left nut 02-06-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9383032)
I believe both of his parents are Mizzou grads.

Mom ran track there, dad played ball.

**** you, Gary.

ChiefsCountry 02-06-2013 04:46 PM

I have a feeling this will be Pinkel's last year. The boosters I know in Jefferson City have said he has one foot out the door and knowing the bank they work at ie Offical Checking of Mizzou athletics, I trust their opinion on the matter.

I wonder who Mizzou would go after though? Paul Rhoads? Bobby Petrino? Willie Taggert? Kirby Smart?

duncan_idaho 02-06-2013 04:48 PM

It's official: This recruiting class if officially the next-to-last nail in Pinkel's coffin. 1-5 in the past two days on key targets.

Small and thin and missing premium talent. They lost Ezekiel Elliott early because Urban Meyer was recruiting him harder than Cornell Ford (who thought he was all set/easy because of the connection).

Brian Jones and Alex Grinch are COLOSSAL fuckING DISASTERS in year 1 in Georgia/Florida. ONE recruit from there, combined, between the two of them. Way to lay the groundwork in the new recruiting area, guys.

Bruce Walker is off getting drunk somewhere, apparently, and then making eTrade moves (he's independently wealthy, you know?).

Meanwhile, Pinkel gets on and talks about the program and process and etc. while shitting the bed.

Unless Maty Mauk is Johnny Manziel, I see no way they win more than 6 games this season. And honestly, I would PREFER they miss a bowl so they have to cut ties with Pinkel. It's clear he has done all he can and is now at the point he's hurting the program.

Pinkel did a lot of great things at Mizzou. But he has failed on a colossal level when it comes to adjusting to the new challenge. His coaching staff is filled with "loyal" guys who couldn't recruit a cheetah to hunt antelope.

duncan_idaho 02-06-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Your coach shit the bed at Notre Dame, got put on the bench at Florida in recruiting because he scared off recruits with his terrible BO and asshole attitude, and is resorting to signing almost exclusively JUCOs.

I'm sure that's going to work out for you...

duncan_idaho 02-06-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9383066)
I have a feeling this will be Pinkel's last year. The boosters I know in Jefferson City have said he has one foot out the door and knowing the bank they work at ie Offical Checking of Mizzou athletics, I trust their opinion on the matter.

I wonder who Mizzou would go after though? Paul Rhoads? Bobby Petrino? Willie Taggert? Kirby Smart?

Petrino will never happen. The same family that ran him off at Arky is a big booster at Mizzou.

I highly doubt Alden will hire someone who hasn't been a head coach before, so Smart is out.

Taggert is on the list. So is Rhoads (who is very MEH to me). I know that as of last fall, Kyle Whittingham of Utah was his top guy.

Whatever happens, he needs to empower the next head football coach to hire the best staff possible (and that doesn't mean "the same dudes that have been hanging around you for the past 15 years because no one else wants them")

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9383080)
Your coach shit the bed at Notre Dame, got put on the bench at Florida in recruiting because he scared off recruits with his terrible BO and asshole attitude, and is resorting to signing almost exclusively JUCOs.

I'm sure that's going to work out for you...

LOL!

DJ's left nut 02-06-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9383074)
Brian Jones and Alex Grinch are COLOSSAL fuckING DISASTERS in year 1 in Georgia/Florida. ONE recruit from there, combined, between the two of them. Way to lay the groundwork in the new recruiting area, guys.

Wait.

So hiring the coach's nephew from Wyoming isn't a good way to build a pipeline in the !@#$ing southeast?

**** - hire Nkemdiche's goddamn father to coach safeties, at least then we'd have gotten a single decent recruit out of there and could he really have done that bad a job coaching kids up compared to the Grinch?

Fire everyone.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-06-2013 07:32 PM

Given the level of previous success, I can't imagine a worse year for Missouri recruiting. It's pathetic. It's not about losing Elliot, that's one sin of dozens. It's about losing multiple **** players, losing easy gets due to laziness, and a general culture of apathy and incompetence.

Pinkel isn't just leaving after a bad season; he's actively dismantling the program.

We finished far behind ****ing Kentucky. 2-10 Kentucky, whose new coach had about two months to recruit and washed out after failing historically at Arizona.

Washington ****ing State beat us in the rankings. Think about that for a minute.

Bowser 02-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

ROFL

As bad as it is, at least we can always fall back on the old standard of "At least we're not Kansas".

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9383386)
As bad as it is, at least we can always fall back on the old standard of "At least we're not Kansas".

They actually beat us in the Rivals Rankings.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-06-2013 08:09 PM

One final thing:

This goes for about 50 threads, but few things are more pathetic than ignorant, homeristic mother****ers who pollute threads with fallacious appeals to authority during the smoke and mirrors phase of regimes (See: Pioli, Scott; Haith, Frank; Cassel, Matt; Pinkel, Gary) then vanish like ripped ass through a jet engine when the frauds are shown for who they really are.

It's part of the torture of being a sports fan on a message board. Dumbasses come in en masse to support the team without a ****ing scintilla of a clue, and yet don't come back when it's time to lick the shit off their boots.

DeezNutz 02-06-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9383481)
One final thing:

This goes for about 50 threads, but few things are more pathetic than ignorant, homeristic mother****ers who pollute threads with fallacious appeals to authority during the smoke and mirrors phase of regimes (See: *****, Scott; Haith, Frank; Cassel, Matt; Pinkel, Gary) then vanish like ripped ass through a jet engine when the frauds are shown for who they really are.

It's part of the torture of being a sports fan on a message board. Dumbasses come in en masse to support the team without a ****ing scintilla of a clue, and yet don't come back when it's time to lick the shit off their boots.

I've long been a Pinkel supporter because I viewed him as far from elite, but an above-average coach, someone who had legitimately put together a program in every sense of the term.

However, the last twelve months, at least, have been an enormous cluster ****, and I have to believe that the stability and viability of the program (read: lack thereof) directly reflect the shit show happening in Pinkel's personal life.

He's earned the right, in my view, to try to get the water out of the boat, but he looks desperate, tired, and his bucket appears too ****ing small.