ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Buck 08-24-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9910640)
Do assisted wide grip chins. Start with the stack and as you get stronger use less and less of the stack until you are doing them without needing assistance.

Oh ok, but I don't think this gym has one of those. I haven't noticed one at least.

ThaVirus 08-24-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9910670)
The sprints are designed to increase natural HGH production by something like 500%. After doing them last year, I believe it. I gained noticeable muscle after a couple of weeks, and I literally started getting acne...including on my back like you see some juicers get. It wasn't terrible, but I felt like I was in high school again...sex drive went WAY up, too.

This is very interesting and would be perfect for me.

I just wish I had somewhere private to run sprints. Where do you normally do yours?

O.city 08-24-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

I shoot for a three day rotation of running about five miles, sprints (3 minute slow jog, 30 seconds of all out sprinting...your body should be trying to shut down about 15 seconds into the sprint, or you aren't going hard enough. After each sprint, you jog for 90 seconds and sprint again. You do this 6-8 times and then jog for three minutes at the end. The entire thing should take about 20 minutes. It's absolute hell, but it's over quickly). Day three is a rest day.

Actually, I do the sprints, then the run, then the day off. For whatever reason, I have great runs the days after I do the sprints. They seem effortless, and I'm not a great runner by any stretch. I would thoroughly encourage anyone to try it and tell me what you think.

The sprints are designed to increase natural HGH production by something like 500%. After doing them last year, I believe it. I gained noticeable muscle after a couple of weeks, and I literally started getting acne...including on my back like you see some juicers get. It wasn't terrible, but I felt like I was in high school again...sex drive went WAY up, too.

I have a friend who runs a lot, he does a similar thing. I'm gonna give it a shot

jd1020 08-24-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9910725)

I just wish I had somewhere private to run sprints. Where do you normally do yours?

Just find a back country road that no one uses.

Aspengc8 08-24-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9910722)
Oh ok, but I don't think this gym has one of those. I haven't noticed one at least.

Try close nuetral grip pull ups, if you still cant do those, start with close grip neutral pull downs. Go all the way up and pause, really stretch the lats.

Aspengc8 08-24-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

The sprints are designed to increase natural HGH production by something like 500%.

Is this based off a article you read or was their an actual study on this?

Silock 08-24-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9910950)

Yeah, it's nothing close to 500%. There's a *slight* increase.

NewChief 08-24-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9910977)

I also think the original study was in reference to HIIT in general. For some reason, though the Sprint 8 workout really got associated with increases in HGH (I think there was an article in Men's Fitness or something). I know that the first time I became aware of HGH boosting from HIIT was through the an article on Sprint 8.

Buck 08-24-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9910940)
Try close nuetral grip pull ups, if you still cant do those, start with close grip neutral pull downs. Go all the way up and pause, really stretch the lats.

I can normally do about 4 or 5 pullups and chinups so I was surprised I couldn't do it today. Probably experiencing some kind of fatigue.

Saul Good 08-25-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9910950)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

Saul Good 08-25-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9910725)

I just go to a long de sac. I can run a long way in the first 15 seconds, but I feel like someone shoots me in the chest exactly at the 15 second mark, and my sipped goes down drastically. From what I've read, it's important to hit that shutdown point and then push through it.

Saul Good 08-25-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9910977)

That's true, and it's not true. The increase is dramatic, but it's temporary. You don't produce five times as much hGH constantly. It spikes to that level for an hour or two following the workout.

Buck 08-25-2013 10:33 AM

So acne is back like a mother****er and I don't know whether to blame carbs or lifting. Shit sucks.

lewdog 08-25-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9914110)
So acne is back like a mother****er and I don't know whether to blame carbs or lifting. Shit sucks.

Lifting probably but could be carbs if from crappy sources as well. If I eat more processed carbs or sugar for a few days, I'll break out pretty bad. Since you haven't had carbs for a while, where are you getting them from now?

Buck 08-25-2013 10:41 AM

I don't eat anything sugary.

Potatoes and toast pretty much.