ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Skyy God 04-14-2015 11:29 AM

**** the changes to special and heavy ammo in the Crucible.

007 04-14-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11435837)
Based on the 2nd announcement yesterday it might not matter. There's apparently going to be a way to upgrade old legendary weapons and armor and they have a picture of Fatebringer going up to 365. This likely means that you'll be able to get to 34 with VoG gear, CE gear, Prison of Elders gear and maybe even Trials of Osiris gear. I picture Trials being real end game action for the PvP crowd.

In addition to all of these gear options you'll also be able to upgrade all of the old raid weapons.

So instead of all of us running around looking like Hive we'll have some real variety.

which makes me regret all the armor I had to dismantle to upgrade to better stuff.

jiveturkey 04-15-2015 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11437382)
which makes me regret all the armor I had to dismantle to upgrade to better stuff.

Same. I had a sweet VoG set that had max Int and Dis and produced an orb pretty much every time I got a precision kill.

We still run VoG at least once a week and last night I got everything except a chest piece. The stats suck on most of it though.

We'll see if armor is included in the new upgrade path. Weapons look to be a sure thing.

007 04-15-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11437603)
Same. I had a sweet VoG set that had max Int and Dis and produced an orb pretty much every time I got a precision kill.

We still run VoG at least once a week and last night I got everything except a chest piece. The stats suck on most of it though.

We'll see if armor is included in the new upgrade path. Weapons look to be a sure thing.

Guess I will have to force myself to do VoG again. Not a real fan of that Raid just because of how long it can take.

jiveturkey 04-15-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11437620)
Guess I will have to force myself to do VoG again. Not a real fan of that Raid just because of how long it can take.

I'd wait until they formally announce the new upgrade system. If it doesn't include armor there's still no point in having old VoG gear.

kcxiv 04-18-2015 02:09 AM

everytime i try to do the 24 level heroic strike people try to go balls to the wall and end up dying. lol This shit is just wasted ass time. Im getting no where.

007 04-18-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11443403)
everytime i try to do the 24 level heroic strike people try to go balls to the wall and end up dying. lol This shit is just wasted ass time. Im getting no where.

Look up Delta Company 64 on the100.io and join the group. This is my group. There are dozens in there that won't do that shit. They play like they should. To survive.

Sent you a PM.

I'm out of town for this weekend but when I get back I can run some of these strikes with you if you want. I have an exotic bounty that requires me to run strikes anyway so this will help. My goal in strikes is to get through the entire thing without getting killed.

kcxiv 04-18-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11443406)
Look up Delta Company 64 on the100.io and join the group. This is my group. There are dozens in there that won't do that shit. They play like they should. To survive.

Sent you a PM.

I'm out of town for this weekend but when I get back I can run some of these strikes with you if you want. I have an exotic bounty that requires me to run strikes anyway so this will help. My goal in strikes is to get through the entire thing without getting killed.

yeah, ill look into it and do that! I get owned in that shit too, them ****ing yellows hit hard. The time i did win, there was this level 31 dude that pretty much did everything, i guess there was a spot where he could kill the boss and boss and adds couldnt kill him. thats kinda lame, but hey we won and i got an awesome blue helm that was no upgrade.

007 04-18-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11443411)
yeah, ill look into it and do that! I get owned in that shit too, them ****ing yellows hit hard. The time i did win, there was this level 31 dude that pretty much did everything, i guess there was a spot where he could kill the boss and boss and adds couldnt kill him. thats kinda lame, but hey we won and i got an awesome blue helm that was no upgrade.

We call that cheesing. LMAO

What are the times you are generally playing? Hopefully not in the middle of the night when I'm working. heh

kcxiv 04-18-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11443418)
We call that cheesing. LMAO

What are the times you are generally playing? Hopefully not in the middle of the night when I'm working. heh

random hours really. i can play anytime in the evening and when my insomnia kicks in. All i need is a time and i usually can log in to play.

kcxiv 04-19-2015 03:06 AM

ok, finally figured out how these 24 strikes work. Gotta learn the pattern and where to cover at. I figured it out pretty easy now. Might die a few times finding the right spots and even then ya might die, but i get it now.

kcxiv 04-19-2015 08:40 PM

I just had the worst ****ing 2 players in the history of online gaming! omg, they were terrible. I was basically soloing that shit, but i ended up finally dying. I must have revived them dudes about 25 times.

I did all i could, but the struggle was a little to much I almost solo'ed that shit basically lol

007 04-20-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11446600)
I just had the worst ****ing 2 players in the history of online gaming! omg, they were terrible. I was basically soloing that shit, but i ended up finally dying. I must have revived them dudes about 25 times.

I did all i could, but the struggle was a little to much I almost solo'ed that shit basically lol

when do you want to play?

kcxiv 04-20-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11447088)
when do you want to play?

let me know when you can. I know you work nights, i can play evenings my time. I have actually had some good groups lately as well. Just no ****ing legendary gear. So many blues All my blue gear is maxed out already.

I did another strike after this fail attempt and the group was good we ran through that shit fast only 1 guy died once and that was it.

Chest Rockwell 04-20-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11447666)
let me know when you can. I know you work nights, i can play evenings my time. I have actually had some good groups lately as well. Just no ****ing legendary gear. So many blues All my blue gear is maxed out already.

I did another strike after this fail attempt and the group was good we ran through that shit fast only 1 guy died once and that was it.

Are you running a lot of strikes? If so you should be accumulating enough Vanguard Marks to start buying legendary stuff as long as you have commendations and your Vanguard rep high enough. Do your bounties kids! They cap at 150 a week earnable (I think that's still it?) and 200 total banked, so make it rain, yo.

I think most of my best legendaries have come from Vanguard and Cryptarch packages, with most of the rest coming from the Nightfall/Weekly Heroics so do the Weekly on whatever level you can. And if you don't know already the weeklies will also drop the Strange Change for you so you can start to take some of Xur's erotical exoticals off his hands as well.

I'm sure others here are the same, but if you're on PS4 I'm happy to help you run weeklies on the higher levels and/or the Nightfall (can't remember if you have to be a certain level to access it) if you see me around and I've got the time (and you're on PS4; my tag is Smelcolm_Black).

I'm usually soloing them for lack of people to play with (so we may resort to cheese, but you'll at least get some rewards). My schedule is usually early evenings on the weekdays (4-6 or 7 EST) and early mornings on weekends.

I still haven't done any raiding, so if anyone is setting something up let me know and I'd love to tag along and be revived frequently.