ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

007 02-04-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 10413252)

Yeah because there is no track record available to see the list of quality RECENT games that PSN+ has been giving members every month to justify the membership fee

I'm one of the most frugal CP members here and I see the value of PSN. For me, it is a much better value than Live.

bowener 02-04-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10413939)
Yeah because there is no track record available to see the list of quality RECENT games that PSN+ has been giving members every month to justify the membership fee

I'm one of the most frugal CP members here and I see the value of PSN. For me, it is a much better value than Live.

Metro: Last light and Payday 2 on PS3 are fun as ****. My friend downloaded those the other day. And at some point this month he is downloading outlast for the PS4, which I'm not sure I want to even play that ****er. Those 3 games are easily worth the $50 a year.

aturnis 02-04-2014 03:55 PM

Why wouldn't you want to play Outlast? Supposed to be a really popular game.

Pants 02-04-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10413537)
Who cares what it looks like if everything else about it sucks ass?

Well, I think the argument was about visual quality. So yeah...

Pants 02-04-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10413983)

It was like $5 on Steam and I didn't buy it. I'm not a big fan of that genre.

htismaqe 02-04-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10414026)

The visual quality of Infamous, which is actually a decent game, so visual quality becomes a differentiator.

Valiant 02-04-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10413463)
Infamous has loads of action and has great graphics. I wouldn't expect it to be capable of 60fps, not unless it were on PC.

I'm talking about the same dual console games. It looks like it could be a case of Xbox holding PlayStation experience back again. Though what I'm hoping I'd that with the new ease of use for the game design teams, they'll just keep making multiple versions.

Umm. Games were made for 360 first because it was a easier platform to create on. PS4 Iis the easier one this time. Hence the fps ddifferences. Hell it took the last couple of years for Sony 1st party developers to utilize the slightly better stats for graphics.

More games will be made Sony first from 3rd party. But just from ease. Only exception would be titles ms pays temporary first rights like call of duty.

htismaqe 02-04-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10414109)
Umm. Games were made for 360 first because it was a easier platform to create on. PS4 Iis the easier one this time. Hence the fps ddifferences. Hell it took the last couple of years for Sony 1st party developers to utilize the slightly better stats for graphics.

More games will be made Sony first from 3rd party. But just from ease. Only exception would be titles ms pays temporary first rights like call of duty.

This.

The architecture for the PS3 was big impediment.

bowener 02-04-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10413983)

Because I am a pussy. I remember playing the first resident evil with my friend. We had to leave the lights on! It was a creepy dark basement we played in though...

aturnis 02-04-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10414026)

There was no argument about visual quality.

aturnis 02-04-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10414109)

I know that. I'm just saying that I hope the current trend sticks. I'd hate to see games limited on PS4 b/c it's cheaper to do a straight port that Xbox can handle, than to spend the time to tweak it for Xbox.

aturnis 02-04-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10414182)
Because I am a pussy. I remember playing the first resident evil with my friend. We had to leave the lights on! It was a creepy dark basement we played in though...

That game was Badass! My cousin and I would throw the controller back and forth when low on health and confronted with a door. Never knew what was on the other side...

aturnis 02-04-2014 08:54 PM

Apparently there will be new footage released tomorrow for "The Order 1886". Pretty excited about that.

-King- 02-27-2014 06:45 PM

Is it just me...or are Xbox1 owners more satisfied with their decision than Ps4 owners?

007 02-27-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10457721)
Is it just me...or are Xbox1 owners more satisfied with their decision than Ps4 owners?

Where do you get that from. I don't regret my decision at all. I probably should have waited to buy until more games were available, but other than that, I'm happy.