ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Sassy Squatch 01-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9270195)
There are going to be alot of people who will know how long Reid/Clark/Pioli were in the room together.

They go through lunch and depending on who is saying....... went 2-6 hours longer than originally scheduled. It has to be true. And if true there was something positive happening. And then if thats true and Clark doesn't land his top pick its not going to be a gigantic leap that the reason is Pioli????

I know. My hope is too ****ing high right now.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 06:16 PM

If this meeting is honestly still going on, I would not be shocked if Reid never makes it to Arizona.

O.city 01-02-2013 06:17 PM

OTWP, what are your thoughts on Pioli staying on?

Rasputin 01-02-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs geno (Post 9270180)
Do you guys see andy Reid wanting Vick wherever he coaches?

No not at all. I don't even think he can if Vick is under contract & no way would we spend any thing for him.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9270201)
Mark Donovan is our wild card here

get it done Mark, do me proud

This

htismaqe 01-02-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270194)
He talked all year about the fact that after the season, if Pioli is still the GM, he's done.

Well, for the life of me I had ZERO idea that Clark was going to come out and say the HC will report directly to him. Did ANY of us anticipate that? That's a big game changer.

I want him gone. But if he comes back here in a capacity like he had in New England, it seems pretty silly to throw away 30 years of being a fan...

The Franchise 01-02-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9270194)
He talked all year about the fact that after the season, if Pioli is still the GM, he's done.

And we all know that means that the day after the season ends....he's gone right?

You ****ing reerun.

SAUTO 01-02-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9270193)
A league source said 95%. Schefter chose to report it as credible but it wasn't Schefter that said he thinks its 95% it was a league source.

BUT he thought enough of it to run with it prior to even checking into it.

See where I'm going here.

It doesn't matter who, Schefter, breer, etc. they all do it.

You can't take everything they say at face value, yet some insist in it
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 01-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9270183)
Yeah, I'm convinced Pioli may be here next year. BRC, SOC, and myself have people in our ears saying it's a chemistry thing. Why do that if Scott isn't a part of the process, I'm sorry, the plan.

As I am. If you bringing him to the interviews to see about chemistry then you already have pretty much decided to keep him.

As far as Andy Reid goes I think this would be a horrible hire and I don't get how this would fit Clark's definition of a person of integrity and character. A judge ruled his house was a drug emporium.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 06:18 PM

LMAO Million dollar question right now, everyone is asking it.

If Reid signs on here and becomes coach, are you okay with Scott Pioli being retained?

jd1020 01-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9270213)

If Reid signs on here and becomes coach, are you okay with Scott Pioli being retained?

Depends on the division of power.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9270213)

Would Pioli have say in the draft? if so how much

DeezNutz 01-02-2013 06:19 PM

No, no, no. Common sense says that Pioli isn't a part of the hiring process.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 06:19 PM

Im not defending pioli. But if to get Reid he had to stay and it became like Belichick and Pioli then Id be ok. Because Pioli has lost is power

O.city 01-02-2013 06:19 PM

Say we do hire Reid and keep Pioli on. That is two huge personalities in a small space. I'd say they'd butt heads quite abit.

I don't see Pioli staying if Reid is on board.