ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals DON'T fire Ned Yost (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276552)

dallaschiefsfan 09-26-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10021043)
Well, I was asking for proof Yost is a bad manager. I still haven't received it. I know for a fact Dayton has full control over player personnel because every GM in the league has it. You're throwing out baseless theories you can't prove.

DM has been forthright in all his interviews about how he handles personnel matters in a collaborative manner, regardless of what his job's "powers" are. If you don't want to take his words at face value, then you are the one stepping into the world of speculation.

Prison Bitch 09-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 10021068)
DM has been forthright in all his interviews about how he handles personnel matters in a collaborative manner, regardless of what his job's "powers" are. If you don't want to take his words at face value, then you are the one stepping into the world of speculation.

Lol. What's he supposed to say: "Well, Ned has opinions but of course I hold all the power so his ideas really don't count for shit in the end." Yeah.

dallaschiefsfan 09-26-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10021080)
Lol. What's he supposed to say: "Well, Ned has opinions but of course I hold all the power so his ideas really don't count for shit in the end." Yeah.

Prove he's being disingenuous.

Jerm 09-26-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10008197)
Ned made a great decision in the bottom of the 10th inning today. If Ned hadn't had Getz pinch run for Billy, the inning would have been over before Justin Maxwell ever came to the plate.

Everybody hates Ned and wants him to be fired. I don't. He sometimes makes game-time decisions that are easy to second-guess, but you've got to give him credit: the Royals have just about the best clubhouse atmosphere and team camraderie of any team I've ever seen. Ned deserves a hell of a lot of credit for that.

Not only do I think Ned won't be fired, I'm convinced he shouldn't be fired.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...013/06/gag.gif

jettio 09-26-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10020409)
After watching the Royals feeble effort the last two nights, I'd just like to apologize to everyone for this stupid ****ing thread.

Not quite sure it is the manager's fault that the players do not get enough hits to score any runs.

WhiteWhale 09-26-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10009586)
don't care about the thread

just wanted to say that i'd hit that

So would I.

With my car.

****ing Juggalos...

Mama Hip Rockets 09-26-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10020856)
How much of this is Yost? I think DM deserves a lot of criticism for not making these changes.

Some of it is Moore's fault, yes. But Yost, even when better players are on the roster (i.e. Louis Coleman), refuses to play them.

dallaschiefsfan 09-26-2013 01:06 PM

Whether DM is a good, average or terrible as a GM is irrelevant to the OP. Yost was fired while his team was in FIRST PLACE. That happens to ZERO managers unless they are blatantly incompetent. This has all happened before and it will happen again...

Does anyone doubt this team would be better off and entrenched with a playoff spot with Francona as the manager?

Great Expectations 09-26-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 10021622)
Some of it is Moore's fault, yes. But Yost, even when better players are on the roster (i.e. Louis Coleman), refuses to play them.

great point

Lex Luthor 09-26-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10021141)

You're late to the party. I've already apologized for starting this thread.

I was unduly influenced by the temporary euphoria of Justin Maxwell's walkoff grand slam on Sunday. I've since come to my senses. Ned Yost is a buffoon.

Mr. Laz 09-26-2013 02:08 PM

Yost is a fine coach for a team struggling to get out of the dumpster. He's a robot ... losing doesn't make him flinch. He teaches the team to not get depressed or give up.

high floor/low ceiling kind of guy imo

Do we want to avoid losing or push to win?

As much as we have sucked i would understand just trying to avoid losing right now.

not happy, but i understand

That said, Yost cost a dozen games this year ... easy. That was enough to make the playoffs this season

How many games did is 'good,stable clubhouse win us?'

i don't know.

:shrug:

CaliforniaChief 09-26-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10022006)

That said Yost cost a dozen games this year ... easy. That's enough to make the playoffs.

A dozen games? There have been a few that I can think of, but I can't think of close to 12.

BlackHelicopters 09-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10022015)
A dozen games? There have been a few that I can think of, but I can't think of close to 12.

Even if we say he cost us 6, that is still playoff territory.

J Diddy 09-26-2013 02:12 PM

LMAO @ Royals fans.

Guy who's lead you to a real conversation about Royals and October in 2 decades and you're like "fire him" we're not ws champs.

CaliforniaChief 09-26-2013 02:17 PM

I've always believed that Yost's greatest strength is that he built a mental toughness into the team that kept them bouncing back. That was the first hurdle to clear.

Tactically, he's below average. Bunts too early/often, leaving starters in too long. The only thing he seemed to have an eye for are hit and run opportunities.