ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Make Coaching Moves Official (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268775)

-King- 01-15-2013 05:58 PM

We have by far the coaching staff in the division and its not even close. Now we just need players to match.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 01-15-2013 06:35 PM

Man this is shaping to be a good staff! Im excited about Sutton. Attacking 34 D. Cant wait to see Hali, Houston and other guys getting after the QB

Big Chief Homer 01-15-2013 07:09 PM

Anyone heard anything on Childress?

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 07:23 PM

Reid Ferrin‏@KCChiefs_Reid

Coach Sutton talking D-"It's great to have sacks, but the key thing is to hit the quarterback" #loveit

BossChief 01-16-2013 08:01 PM

TBG called the Chung addition a couple weeks back iirc.

It's too bad we didn't get Tony Sporano to coach the OL, that would have been a big get.

DaneMcCloud 01-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9326612)

It's too bad we didn't get Tony Sporano to coach the OL, that would have been a big get.

Except he's never coached ZBS

CaliforniaChief 01-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9326515)
Reid Ferrin‏@KCChiefs_Reid

Coach Sutton talking D-"It's great to have sacks, but the key thing is to hit the quarterback" #loveit

LOVE this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9326612)

Would have been, but I think Heck is a heckuva hire.

BossChief 01-16-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9326621)
Except he's never coached ZBS

True, he is more of a power guy and tht doesn't totally mesh with the skillet of our current crop of linemen.

I hope that makes a difference to Albert, but I was told around a year ago that he wanted to play in NY. If he leaves, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants make a push to sign him.

kcxiv 01-16-2013 08:17 PM

Did they even keep anyone from Romeo's staff? lol i havent paid much attention to it.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9326654)
Did they even keep anyone from Romeo's staff? lol i havent paid much attention to it.

Just Gibbs and Emmitt Thomas I think?

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9326661)
Just Gibbs and Emmitt Thomas I think?

Yep, just those two. Gibbs is back to coaching linebackers, not sure what Thomas will be, I assume he will be in a similar role to what he has been in the past.

The Bad Guy 01-16-2013 08:32 PM

I'm actually happy about the Heck hire over Sparano.

I think a big issue with the Haley offense the last year he was here was there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Haley, Zorn, Muir all had been play callers before and routinely butted heads.

Heard guys on Sirius make a great point about that the other day that having too many guys who were play callers, or guys who had a position of power before try to fight for a voice in meetings and the chemistry more often than not isn't right.

Here, if Sprano got the job, you'd have him, Reid, and Childress mixing, and I'd wonder how that would work.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9326708)
I'm actually happy about the Heck hire over Sparano.

I think a big issue with the Haley offense the last year he was here was there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Haley, Zorn, Muir all had been play callers before and routinely butted heads.

Heard guys on Sirius make a great point about that the other day that having too many guys who were play callers, or guys who had a position of power before try to fight for a voice in meetings and the chemistry more often than not isn't right.

Here, if Sprano got the job, you'd have him, Reid, and Childress mixing, and I'd wonder how that would work.

It's interesting to tie this in to the conversation some of us were having the other day. Reid likes power blockers. When you look at the Jags' offensive line, they've got really small guys. Is it possible that Reid is flexing his o-line coaching to the talent in place?

NJChiefsFan 01-16-2013 08:39 PM

Well we do have Reid, Pederson, and Childress.

The Bad Guy 01-16-2013 08:50 PM

All 3 of those guys have worked together before. Haley, Muir and Zorn had not.