ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Well, We Probably Should Have a Brian Orakpo Thread... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196400)

Tribal Warfare 11-10-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5206751)
How about having one of those prospects at DE or another position more important than LG or RT?

One can more Albert to OG, which has been discussed

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-10-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5206750)
Yep, I guess one good prospect but if you can have two.... oooh god it's blasphemy

You can have Michael Oher, Branden Albert, and Matt Shaughnessy

I'll take Branden Albert, Brian Orakpo, and Herman Johnson.

Not only will there be no appreciable difference in the two lines, I'll have an impact RDE, and you'll have a rotational player at RDE.

Congrats.

Mecca 11-10-2008 12:35 AM

I personally don't like drafting players from Texas, but that's a personal thing with me.

Now for this DL/OL thing.....there are plenty of team with very good lines with 1 or no 1st round picks..NE, NYG, Packers, Chargers, to name some.

The fact is finding an elite pass rusher is much more difficult than finding productive offensive lineman. People who are fans of this team got spoiled so now some want to use 5 1st round picks on offensive lineman.

Fact is the only position on the OL that grades out to 1st round pick on the value chart is the LT..the rest don't.

Tribal Warfare 11-10-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5206754)
You can have Michael Oher, Branden Albert, and Matt Shaughnessy

I'll take Branden Albert, Brian Orakpo, and Herman Johnson.

Not only will there be no appreciable difference in the two lines, I'll have an impact RDE, and you'll have a rotational player at RDE.

Congrats.

I'd take Oher and Duke Robinson/Herman Johnson with the 1st and 2nd round pick. BPA, always if it's Orakpo awesome if it's Stafford groovy, and if it's Oher wicked!!!!!!!!!!1

Basileus777 11-10-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5206753)
One can more Albert to OG, which has been discussed

Which is why I said LG....

:facepalm:

Mecca 11-10-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5206758)
I'd take Oher and Duke Robinson/Herman Johnson with the 1st and 2nd round pick

So you'd have no ends then......OL is nice and all but without a pass rush this defense will continue to be one of the worst in football.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-10-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5206758)
I'd take Oher and Duke Robinson/Herman Johnson with the 1st and 2nd round pick

And your defense is still going to give up 400 yards per game next year because no one on your line can sniff a quarterback.

mylittlepony 11-10-2008 12:38 AM

One of the bigger problems with drafting OL this year will be that the Lions have serious needs there. So there isnt a big chance that anyone good will "fall" to us.

Basileus777 11-10-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5206763)
So you'd have no ends then......OL is nice and all but without a pass rush this defense will continue to be one of the worst in football.

Plus if you build an entire oline from first and high second round picks you will never be able to resign them all if they actually work out. You can only really afford to give two players on an oline big contracts.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-10-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittlepony (Post 5206765)
One of the bigger problems with drafting OL this year will be that the Lions have serious needs there. So there isnt a big chance that anyone good will "fall" to us.

R0FLCopter.

There are going to be 6-7 tackles with first round grades and 10 offensive linemen with a top 40 grade.

Mecca 11-10-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittlepony (Post 5206765)

The Lions picking ahead of us is why we're having this convo we're assuming they're going QB.

Tribal Warfare 11-10-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5206764)
And your defense is still going to give up 400 yards per game next year because no one on your line can sniff a quarterback.

As I stated before if the BPA is at another position go for it, but always draft the best player on the board.

Mecca 11-10-2008 12:41 AM

The only way taking Michael Oher if you're the Chiefs is ok is if he is so significantly higher rated than everyone else that you have no choice.

And he better be Walter Jones/Orlando Pace in their primes for 10+ years good, that is the only way that pick is worth it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-10-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5206773)
As I stated before if the BPA is at another position go for it, but always draft the best player on the board.

That's just as ignorant as drafting solely for need.

If you have a guard with a 100 grade and a DE with a 98 grade and you are picking the top five and you take the guard your entire family should be executed for the evolutionary security of the gene pool.

Mecca 11-10-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5206776)
That's just as ignorant as drafting solely for need.

If you have a guard with a 100 grade and a DE with a 98 grade and you are picking the top five and you take the guard your entire family should be executed for the evolutionary security of the gene pool.

There's generally only about 5 positions that should even be considered for top 5 picks unless some safety is a freak of nature or something like that, but no Guard is never given that exception same for RB and TE in my personal opinion.