ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MELLINGER: Chiefs fans feel ignored (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265717)

KCTitus 10-26-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9052494)
The fan pressure comes in the form of getting rid of Pioli and his absolute disaster of a marriage to Cassel.

Any new GM worth even one quarter of a shit will draft a 1st round QB for this franchise and build around him.

Again, the vast majority of the fan base wanted Piloi...they got what they wanted and are now near revolt. That should say something.

Sure, bring in another GM, sell out and draft the best QB int he draft...it's still NO guarantee of success. That's not my point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9052516)
Again, the vast majority of the fan base wanted Piloi...they got what they wanted and are now near revolt. That should say something.

Sure, bring in another GM, sell out and draft the best QB int he draft...it's still NO guarantee of success. That's not my point.

Well, we always kind of knew that the majority of the fanbase was reeruned as **** to begin with, and I'm happy that they are now serving a somewhat useful purpose in life.

FAX 10-26-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9052446)
I empathize, and agree to a point, but selling out only does one thing and it sends the wrong message. There was a time several years ago the fans wanted KC to sell out to get the 'next best thing' named Joey Harrington. He, like Blackledge, have desk jobs at ESPN.

Selling out only does one thing and it's not a good option. If they pass up on a QB, I certainly fault them for not making an attempt, but the other option is lunacy from a management/ownership standpoint. That tells the fans that they can intimidate the club into doing whatever they want. That franchise is 100% guaranteed destined for absolute ruin.

It's a valid point. I mean, you can't cede full control to the inmates ... if, that is, you don't want the wrong people to get lobotomized. Ideally, we should only want the correct people to get lobotomized ... not the incorrect ones. They are the ones who should receive the underwater shock treatment with brain screws.

On the other hand, we don't want to be the only NFL team without any hope whatsoever at the quarterback position.

Depending on how the draft shapes up, it could be a tough call. A reach isn't great and there doesn't appear to be a slam dunk in this class ... or, at least, one hasn't yet emerged.

But surely everybody from Clark on down gets the joke on this deal ... finally. We're not going anywhere fast with no quarterback and if we don't make the effort (including enduring the potential risk factors), our best players today will be our retired players by the time we finally find one. No ... the more you look at the situation, the more you realize that we have to pull the trigger in the next draft. There really isn't any other option ... fan pressure, or no.

FAX

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9052128)
There's the other possibility - he's not a detached owner...he's just not a good one.

He may want the Chiefs to win. He may live and die with victories. He also may be an easily manipulated sap that is going to get steamrolled by larger than life personalities like Scott Pioli. He may be a guy that's going to just get duped over and over again by hucksters that are able to pull the wool over his eyes just long enough to make a lot of money and produce little in the way of results.

I think I prefer to believe that he just doesn't care.

But what if he actually does? That could be even scarier.

Looking at my last post, my statements were contradictory. Based on that, I'd say he's simply not a leader, which is not good for us.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-26-2012 05:30 PM

I'm not giving up on Clark Hunt yet. I've talked shit, but it was just frustration. He did go out and hire the best guy available for the job. Turned out, he sucks, but at least Clark tried. They did roll cap money over that they didn't have too, and they spent some of it. Clark didn't tell Scott to not sign Bowe under any circumstances, and possibly Bowe just flat out wants out of KC.

No. Not time to give up on our owner. His father was full of pride, and sportsmanship, and competitiveness. I think Clark will be too. He was hand picked after all.

SAUTO 10-26-2012 05:32 PM

I agree flop
Posted via Mobile Device

KCTitus 10-26-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9052527)
Well, we always kind of knew that the majority of the fanbase was reeruned as **** to begin with, and I'm happy that they are now serving a somewhat useful purpose in life.

LOL...

KCTitus 10-26-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9052538)
It's a valid point. I mean, you can't cede full control to the inmates ... if, that is, you don't want the wrong people to get lobotomized. Ideally, we should only want the correct people to get lobotomized ... not the incorrect ones. They are the ones who should receive the underwater shock treatment with brain screws.

On the other hand, we don't want to be the only NFL team without any hope whatsoever at the quarterback position.

Depending on how the draft shapes up, it could be a tough call. A reach isn't great and there doesn't appear to be a slam dunk in this class ... or, at least, one hasn't yet emerged.

But surely everybody from Clark on down gets the joke on this deal ... finally. We're not going anywhere fast with no quarterback and if we don't make the effort (including enduring the potential risk factors), our best players today will be our retired players by the time we finally find one. No ... the more you look at the situation, the more you realize that we have to pull the trigger in the next draft. There really isn't any other option ... fan pressure, or no.

FAX

Mr. FAX, I love your analysis...good read.

Reaper16 10-26-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9050677)
I just find actual words more meaningful. Might be just me. I have no doubt about your passion. Just seems to me that you're more about show than substance a lot of the time.

You're just old.

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9052590)
You're just old.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1523341_o.gif

Tribal Warfare 10-26-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9052493)
Isnt that what KC's done with defensive linemen recently? Pulling the trigger on a QB, or more to the point, 'selling the farm' to get one means that if he doesnt work out, KC will be waiting a while before they can pull the trigger again.

I understand the point and agree, KC needs a QB, but it's the cost and message that I have trepidation about.

We aren't selling the farm since we have the 2nd overall pick, with QBs available we'll have one with plenty of talent without reaching.

SAUTO 10-26-2012 06:03 PM

Who gives a shit?

If you have to sell the farm, you sell the ****ing farm. what do you do if it doesn't work?

You sell the city house and both cars and try again.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCTitus 10-26-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9052648)
We aren't selling the farm since we have the 2nd overall pick, with QBs available we'll have one with plenty of talent without reaching.

We shall see, wont we...

whoman69 10-26-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9052128)
There's the other possibility - he's not a detached owner...he's just not a good one.

He may want the Chiefs to win. He may live and die with victories. He also may be an easily manipulated sap that is going to get steamrolled by larger than life personalities like Scott Pioli. He may be a guy that's going to just get duped over and over again by hucksters that are able to pull the wool over his eyes just long enough to make a lot of money and produce little in the way of results.

I think I prefer to believe that he just doesn't care.

But what if he actually does? That could be even scarier.

I don't think he does either. Its a business to him.

whoman69 10-26-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9052493)
Isnt that what KC's done with defensive linemen recently? Pulling the trigger on a QB, or more to the point, 'selling the farm' to get one means that if he doesnt work out, KC will be waiting a while before they can pull the trigger again.

I understand the point and agree, KC needs a QB, but it's the cost and message that I have trepidation about.

Selling the farm isn't the same as the old days. If you draft a QB that doesn't work, you just draft another one. In the old days a first round QB it would cost so much that your organization would be crippled if they fell flat. Now if you draft a bust, you're probably in a position to draft another.