ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft ***West Virginia Pro Day*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271117)

notorious 03-14-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9497062)
Just draft him. God forbid that we're stacked at the quarterback position.

Exactly.

We could gain so much more by taking him. If we take a LT we are just spinning our tires.

patteeu 03-14-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9497043)
No one's disputing that.

You asked what the Chargers won with their trade. That's what they won.

DaKCMan AP 03-14-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9497066)
You don't win the superbowl with one draft pick. Judging an individual pick on the basis of team performance is idiotic. Two-time Super Bowl champion starter Antowain Smith was not a better RB than Barry Sanders.

I must have missed when Barry Sanders was traded for Antowain Smith?

Molitoth 03-14-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9497066)
You don't win the superbowl with one draft pick. Judging an individual pick on the basis of team performance is idiotic. Two-time Super Bowl champion starter Antowain Smith was not a better RB than Barry Sanders.

Barry didn't win a superbowl because his team lacked _______ what?

A Quarterback.

BossChief 03-14-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9496958)
You keep talking about where I live like a butthurt child as if it has any relevance. Like 5 frequent posters here live in the same town as me. The chiefs don't play in Cedar Rapids.

And no one said I know the chief's franchise better. I pointed out that you are making assumptions with no evidence. I have never seen the Chiefs themselves ever make any mention of wanting to trade down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9497040)
They got the better end of the trade. If you judge every move by winning a Super Bowl, there are very few good moves. What did drafting Derrick Thomas or Tony Gonzalez "win" us?

"we" didn't win anything.

You know who did? The Cowboys.

You know how they did it?

Taking a QB first overall and still spent a second rounder to take another qb in the supplemental draft.

B14ckmon 03-14-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9497056)
:LOL:

So the Jags are going to draft Geno in 2013 and Bridgewater in 2014?

I made this sig because I assumed our front office was stupid. But clearly they have come to their senses about how beautiful Geno's soul truly is. I will obviously have to change it when I get a minute.

patteeu 03-14-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9497077)
Barry didn't win a superbowl because his team lacked _______ what?

A Quarterback.

And the conventional wisdom is that Elway didn't win a superbowl until he had a running back. What's your point and how is it relevant to the issue of whether or not a pick or a trade for a single player should be judged on the basis of team performance?

patteeu 03-14-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9497076)
I must have missed when Barry Sanders was traded for Antowain Smith?

You did miss something. I'm not going to help you though.

notorious 03-14-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9497092)
And the conventional wisdom is that Elway didn't win a superbowl until he had a running back. What's your point and how is it relevant to the issue of whether or not a pick or a trade for a single player should be judged on the basis of team performance?

Whoops. Elway took 3 average teams to the dance while being handcuffed by his HC.

Next argument.

kcxiv 03-14-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

He got them there what 3 times before he won. How many times did the chiefs get there during elways career? Yeah.

DaKCMan AP 03-14-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9497073)
You asked what the Chargers won with their trade. That's what they won.

Eh. LT was a better player, yes. However, until Vick was out of football for 3 years LT had 4 Pro Bowls & Vick had 3. The teams had the same number of wins & playoff appearances. Vick was going to be 27 years old, entering the beginning of the prime for quarterbacks, coming off of two straight Pro Bowls. At the time he was a top-10 QB. I'll take a top-10 QB over a top-3 RB.

Molitoth 03-14-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Post after post what I gather from you is that QB is not the most important position on the field.

What I'm trying to say is that you can have the best player to ever live at certain positions, and it won't matter if your QB sucks the shit.

More often than not, an Elite QB goes to/wins the superbowl.
Every once in a great while, a mediocre one can do it when surrounded by a great team.

I'd think it's easier to find that 1 guy, than finding the "right 53".

B14ckmon 03-14-2013 10:26 AM

http://i.imgur.com/a21bAYO.gif

BigCatDaddy 03-14-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9497111)

Ok, I LOL'd.

patteeu 03-14-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9497099)
Whoops. Elway took 3 average teams to the dance while being handcuffed by his HC.

Next argument.

... and lost them right? Should I be using Heath Shuler, Carson Palmer, Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, or any of a bajillion other highly-touted saviors instead?