ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Kim Kardashian should be on your shit list. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247404)

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9782738)
Who said anything about eradicating those laws? Name one talent that Kim Kardashian has that you can't find on any beach in the U.S. she can't sing, dance, compose, act, play an instrument, or probably read a book.

If it's that easy, book a ticket to L.A., go to the beach, pick a girl, get her a TV show and endorsement deals.

You and she will make millions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9782738)
You are the only person in this thread defending this lawsuit, and its not because your smarter than everyone else.

I'm defending intellectual property rights. And clearly, I'm smarter than you.

Pants 06-28-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782741)
As I detailed earlier, it was absolutely no coincidence that they cast this girl. Please read my earlier statement.

If Melissa has different highlights in her hair, are you OK with her starring in a commercial?

GordonGekko 06-28-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9782692)
The funny thing is that girl is a LOT more attractive than Kim's fat ass.

This, definitely this.

This should be a prime argument for the defense. This girls is hella hotter than KK.

LoneWolf 06-28-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9782743)
Well, it's not really about talent as much as it is about fame. Kim Kardashian's talent is that she is able to draw the attention of millions of women to her TV show. That's the only talent that counts, man. Anyone is welcome to try their hand at what Kim does.

Fair enough. I guess we better start keeping a database of what every famous person looks like and decide how close to that image someone can be before we deem it against the law. I think the DirecTV girl looks like the Olson twins (if they were healthy). I guess DirecTV can expect a lawsuit any day now.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9782754)
If Melissa has different highlights in her hair, are you OK with her starring in a commercial?

Since you've refused to read my prior statements, here you go:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782125)
I'm sorry that you're having difficulty understanding this issue.

This girl would have not have been hired had she not looked like Kardashian. They further made her up as Kardashian in hair and make up.

Are we to believe that the ad agency came up with this idea, pitched it to The GAP and gained approval, given a budget and just accidentally cast a woman with the same exact build, complexion and hair, only to have the makeup and hair people accidentally make her appear even more like Kardashian?

Seriously?

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9782776)
Fair enough. I guess we better start keeping a database of what every famous person looks like and decide how close to that image someone can be before we deem it against the law. I think the DirecTV girl looks like the Olson twins (if they were healthy). I guess DirecTV can expect a lawsuit any day now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand you still don't get it

displacedinMN 06-28-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7761738)
Since when did someone's natural looks become intellectual property rights?

When someone is only in it for the money.

Any way to make money, that family will do it.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9782807)
When someone is only in it for the money.

Any way to make money, that family will do it.

I swear to God, this forum is filled with some of the dumbest ****ing people on planet Earth

Pants 06-28-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782784)
Since you've refused to read my prior statements, here you go:

Oh my bad. I honestly forgot to go back and read it. So if the girl wasn't made up to look more like Kim than she already does, GAP wouldn't be getting sued?

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9782811)
Oh my bad. I honestly forgot to go back and read it. So if the girl wasn't made up to look more like Kim than she already does, GAP wouldn't be getting sued?

GAP would have been sued, regardless.

They made the commercial with the intent.

Look, I'm not an expert at the behind-the-scenes advertising pitch like TinyEvel, but I will tell you that it takes nearly an act of God to get a commercial from storyboard to airing. Everyone wants to have a say to quantify and qualify themselves. It's (IMO) a grinding process and there's no way in the world that this was conceptualized, budgeted, cast and shot with a Kardashian look-a-like by accident.

Pants 06-28-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9782832)
GAP would have been sued, regardless.

They made the commercial with the intent.

Look, I'm not an expert at the behind-the-scenes advertising pitch like TinyEvel, but I will tell you that it takes nearly an act of God to get a commercial from storyboard to airing. Everyone wants to have a say to quantify and qualify themselves. It's (IMO) a grinding process and there's no way in the world that this was conceptualized, budgeted, cast and shot with a Kardashian look-a-like by accident.

I tend to agree with you. However, objectively speaking, who was being impersonated in other countless similar GAP or Old Navy commercials? Given the fact that those exist, it shouldn't be as obvious of a case as you make it. You could almost claim that out of 20 commercials and 200 models, one simply happened to look like Kim.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9782855)
I tend to agree with you, but objectively speaking, who was being impersonated in other countless GAP or Old Navy commercials. Given the fact that those exist, it shouldn't be as obvious of a case as you make it. You could almost claim that out of 20 commercials and 200 models one simply happened to look like Kim.

For the most part, The GAP has hired actual celebrities.

They failed to do so with KK and paid the price. That said, it most likely generated more pub for them than if they had actually hired her.

Jarni 06-28-2013 11:56 PM

I'm not sure I heard this correctly, but did she just name her child Northwest? I really don't get the fascination with this group of people. I wish people would spend more time on..well anything else...all the attention towards these idiots just seems like a waste...

J Diddy 06-29-2013 12:45 AM

I can honestly say, and am doing this solely for posterity reasons, that I could give 2 ****s about Kim Kardasian, the Gap or some actor.

Why anybody would think that this premadonna would make my shit list is silly.

WhiteWhale 06-29-2013 07:41 AM

I don't normally say this, but I agree with Dane... because he's entirely right.

It's unbelievable how obtuse you guys are being over something that is really pretty simple and obvious.

"You can't intentionally use someone's likeness"

"So looking like a celebrity is now a crime?"

:facepalm:

People are just mad because Kim is another 'famous for being famous' person. I don't hate kim. She's a nobody to me personally. I stick with hating the limp brained idiots who make her famous for nothing. The lemmings that celebrate celebrity. You guys are the problem. Kim is 'howard stern famous' in that she's just as famous because of people who hate her as she is for her bubble headed fans.

Looking like someone is not a crime. Hiring someone intentionally for the purpose of misleading an audience IS NOT OKAY!!