ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Favorite television series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140301)

JBucc 05-06-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk
Have you tried watching LOST (starting with season 1)? Just curious. I myself had been converted mid season 2.

I watched the first episode then missed quite a few episodes and when I tried to watch it again I was, well, lost.

KcMizzou 05-06-2006 02:50 PM

I quit watching Lost shortly after the season one finale. A month between new episodes didn't help... and I was beginning to get the feeling they were just making it up as they went along. It seemed like the writers didn't even know where they were going with it.

It's too bad too, because I really enjoyed it at first. Maybe it's improved since then, I don't know...

Nelson Muntz 05-06-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I quit watching Lost shortly after the season one finale. A month between new episodes didn't help... and I was beginning to get the feeling they were just making it up as they went along. It seemed like the writers didn't even know where they were going with it.

It's too bad too, because I really enjoyed it at first. Maybe it's improved since then, I don't know...

I've given up on it for now. I'll watch it when Season 2 comes out on DVD. Too long between new shows and missing a show here and there completely ruins it.

Auld Lang Syne 05-06-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
That 70s Show (new season is "eh!")
South Park
Family Guy (new season is "ewww, wtf is this" (lately atleast))

I like all of those except:
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
That 70s Show
South Park
Family Guy

irishjayhawk 05-06-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld Lang Syne
I like all of those except:
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
That 70s Show
South Park
Family Guy

That's cool.

Baby Lee 05-06-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
My Name is Earl

"You pull 'em up, and I'm poopin' in 'em.

Funniest line on TV in a while.
Actual coffee, . . . out the nose.

JBucc 05-06-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
"You pull 'em up, and I'm poopin' in 'em.

Funniest line on TV in a while.
Actual coffee, . . . out the nose.

bet that stung

Baby Lee 05-06-2006 07:02 PM

Shows I think I've seen every episode of [not counting short-lived shows, like Firefly, Tru Calling, Wonderfalls, or new shows in their first season];

Friends
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
NYPD Blue
Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Law and Order [and it's progeny, SVU, CI, TBJ, and the new one, Conviction]
Lost
Medium
Grey's Anatomy
House
CSI NY and Miami [got to the party late, re: the original]
Gilmore Girls
The Shield
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Entourage
Dead Like Me
The Daily Show
South Park

Scrubs and Veronica Mars were in there until Wednesday became impossibly congested. I mean, Lost, Criminal Minds, The Unit, Scrubs and Veronica Mars all on at the same time? WTF!!!!!
I mean, why not put The Gilmore Girls on the WB, The Shield on FX, This Old House on Public TV, The Sopranos on HBO and a Chiefs game all on there too?!?!?!

Frankie 05-06-2006 07:03 PM

Kung Fu was a favorite of mine as well. I have all the DVDs. MASH was my all time favorite show of all time, regardless of genre. My other favorites (in no particular order):

Taxi, Hogan's Heroes, Barney Miller, The Odd Couple (the first few seasons), Mission Impossible, Star Trek TNG (although Mr Spock is my all time favorite TV character), Wiseguy, Paper Chase, Secret Agent (aka Dangerman), Maverick, Rawhide, Mannix, Kojak, The Untouchables, Tales of the Gold Monkey (unfortunately short-lived), Tour of Duty.

There's more, I'm sure. But that's the top tier ones in my book. There are many shows that would be second tier. But it would make for too long a list.

Baby Lee 05-06-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
bet that stung

Saw that chick's dad and Randy wrasslin' and figured "I'll take a sip, what could it hurt?"

Gonzo 05-06-2006 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MATLOCK!

Frankie 05-06-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
House, M.D. (so far)
Chappelle's Show
Ren & Stimpy
etc.

I love House. I don't know how they get away with keeping me interested in watching the same damn story every week. But they do.

Frankie 05-06-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw
Ummm....

Seinfeld.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Overrated. I've watched scattered rerun episodes and they are funny enough. But nothing to make me plan ahead to watch it.

Baby Lee 05-06-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
I love House. I don't know how they get away with keeping me interested in watching the same damn story every week. But they do.

Maybe it's the little ways they change it up, like Cameron channeling the Big Man himself, chewing out Cuddy on Weds.
Just when you thought she couldn't get hotter.

Frankie 05-06-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
This may well be the most overrated show in the history of television. I'll never understand how anybody outside of New York City could care about it.

ROFL
Great minds?
;)