ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The future is bright. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156216)

cdcox 09-27-2008 07:43 PM

Hey GoChiefs - Clark said the Chiefs have to improve this year. If we win 4 games or less that will not be improvement. Will Herm get fired or is Clark a liar?

DeezNutz 09-27-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5059403)
That'd be nice, but it's pretty rare for a team to have two young quarterbacks with real potential on the roster at the same time. The only scenario I can think of where that happened was Buffalo with Edwards and Losman, and Losman was on his own there for a while.

There's truth to that. Tough to think of another team for an example. Maybe Miami, but that's a bit of a cluster ****. GB has a couple of promising young guys. This might be the best example, so it does happen, but...

milkman 09-27-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 5059414)
I don't feel like reading through the thread so I just have one question. Has anyone typed, "I gotta wear shades!" yet?

No one else is that lame.

:)

Damn, it's good to see you posting again.

4th and Long 09-27-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5059420)
No one else is that lame.

:)

Damn, it's good to see you posting again.

It's good to be back, ... you prick. nlm

milkman 09-27-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 5059430)
It's good to be back, ... you prick. nlm

I'm an asshole.
Get it right.

Hammock Parties 09-27-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5059417)
Hey GoChiefs - Clark said the Chiefs have to improve this year. If we win 4 games or less that will not be improvement. Will Herm get fired or is Clark a liar?

I don't believe Clark quantified it in terms of wins, did he?

I'm going to guess, however, that if the offense remains league-worst, and the defense doesn't improve, Herm may be sent packing. I think that would be eminently fair.

4th and Long 09-27-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5059437)
I'm an asshole.
Get it right.

Oooooooooooohhh ... and I see that you're still a bossy asshole too! ROFL

cdcox 09-27-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5059440)

I'm going to guess, however, that if the offense remains league-worst, and the defense doesn't improve, Herm may be sent packing. I think that would be eminently fair.

Actually, he set the bar higher than that. He said the Chiefs have to be competing for a playoff spot. We could easily be mathematically eliminated by Thanksgiving. Clark's criteria of "competitive for a playoff spot", if taken literally, will prevent a late season surge from saving Herm's job.

milkman 09-27-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 5059444)
Oooooooooooohhh ... and I see that you're still a bossy asshole too! ROFL

You wouldn't expect an old bastard like me to change, would you?

milkman 09-27-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5059477)
Actually, he set the bar higher than that. He said the Chiefs have to be competing for a playoff spot. We could easily be mathematically eliminated by Thanksgiving. Clark's criteria of "competitive for a playoff spot", if taken literally, will prevent a late season surge from saving Herm's job.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

cdcox 09-27-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5059490)
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Me too. But Clark being a change agent is one of the few hopes that a Chiefs fan has these days.

Hammock Parties 09-27-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5059477)

When did he say that? I don't remember it but I wouldn't be surprised.

We'll see, I guess. I think Clark meant what he said but won't fire anyone during the season.

The Bad Guy 09-27-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5059440)

Clark said compete for the playoffs.

Do some research, you ****ing hack.

cdcox 09-27-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5059502)

We'll see, I guess. I think Clark meant what he said but won't fire anyone during the season.

C'mon, don't play dumb. Are you pretending you are unaware of Clark's media blitz last January or you forgot what he said. Neither is remotely believable.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...14734470_x.htm

Tribal Warfare 09-27-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5059502)

at of the season when he was doing his press runs, I thought you would've known since your boy Nick did one the interviews