ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WHITLOCK - IT’S TIME TO LOSE FOR THE FUTURE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176315)

The Bad Guy 12-10-2007 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
What Herm Edwards has done to this franchise is very sad

What Carl Peterson has done to this franchise is very sad.

This offensive line is a product of what he did. He had veterans across the line, and instead of finding suitable replacements, he went out and remained status quo.

Watching Welbourne and Terry out there makes me violently ill.

thehead 12-10-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

This offensive line is a product of what he did. He had veterans across the line, and instead of finding suitable replacements, he went out and remained status quo.

This has kinda been CP's MO every two years status quo then go sign some FA then that damn Karma thing gets in the way :hmmm:

Braincase 12-10-2007 06:44 AM

We're eityher three drafts or two drafts and two very productive off-seasons away from doing anything. It's hard to rebuild an O-line through free a

Braincase 12-10-2007 06:45 AM

We're eityher three drafts or two drafts and two very productive off-seasons away from doing anything. It's hard to rebuild an O-line through free available. If they're any good at all, they're going to get resigned. We got lucky picking up Roaf (thanks Joe!) and Wiegmann.

Hey, any chance we can figure out who the best tackle is in the league, and send Samie Parker there to do his wife?

petegz28 12-10-2007 07:06 AM

Carl will trade down if we ge ta high pick so what does it matter?

TEX 12-10-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Right - and I suppose Herm just sat there with his thumb up his ass while all this was going on. He went to TWO camps with this TURD O-LINE. He knew what we had or didn't have. He was okay with it all. It's time he's held accountable for some issues as well because he's been here long enough.

CupidStunt 12-10-2007 08:11 AM

So much debate over Laurinaitis but why? He's a decent prospect and Nap Harris stinks but the Chiefs won't be touching him with a top-five pick.

It should be very, very, very clear to anyone who's watched this team this season: BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

I personally believe in building in the trenches and having an elite QB. My vote would be to the Chiefs' top-rated available player out of Dorsey, Ellis, Brohm, Woodson, Gholston, Long and Oher.

Leave LBs, WRs and DBs until the second round and beyond.

morphius 12-10-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Just a question, were you violently ill watching Roaf out there as well?

morphius 12-10-2007 08:49 AM

I take Whitlocks words to mean something simple, "I want the Chiefs to lose so that Carl gets fired". That is all I see when I read his Chiefs articles, and this is another one of those. Not that Carly shouldn't be fired, but damn, he should just come out and say it.

Extra Point 12-10-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Dan Salaumeua & Joe Phillips was the main reason our defense kicked ass in the 90's. The 97 team did as well bc Dan Williams dominated for the contract that he wanted.

Great point! Shows us that the 4-3 Cover 2 doesn't work on every down. IF we stick with that formation, Harris needs some competition at MLB. Putting Tank Tyler in the middle at NT on first down, and sometimes second down, may work.

The Bad Guy 12-10-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
Right - and I suppose Herm just sat there with his thumb up his ass while all this was going on. He went to TWO camps with this TURD O-LINE. He knew what we had or didn't have. He was okay with it all. It's time he's held accountable for some issues as well because he's been here long enough.

The plans for the Oline should have been in place BEFORE Herm got here.

Instead, Carl Peterson ignored the fact of grooming someone to take over for Roaf. He put a non-juiced RG to replace Shields and it's become a joke.

2 years is long enough?

How in the hell could 2 years be long enough for anyone to dig out of the hole that Peterson has been working on since he fired Marty?

I hate Herm too, but c'mon already.

The problems begin and end with Carl Peterson.

Once he is gone, his good ole' boy network goes with him.

The Bad Guy 12-10-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Just a question, were you violently ill watching Roaf out there as well?

Never.

Watching Roaf was a thing of beauty.

TEX 12-10-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

The plans for the Oline should have been in place BEFORE Herm got here.

Instead, Carl Peterson ignored the fact of grooming someone to take over for Roaf. He put a non-juiced RG to replace Shields and it's become a joke.

2 years is long enough?

How in the hell could 2 years be long enough for anyone to dig out of the hole that Peterson has been working on since he fired Marty?

I hate Herm too, but c'mon already.

The problems begin and end with Carl Peterson.

Once he is gone, his good ole' boy network goes with him.

I understand your point and agree. All I'm sayingis that Herm played a roll in it as well. He knew what we had on the OL and was okay with it. The problem does in fact begin with Carl, but it only ends if BOTH he and Herm leave.

duncan_idaho 12-10-2007 09:38 AM

If the Chiefs get into position to get Long in the first and Oher in the second, I would do backflips.

They'd be set at the bookends for the next decade.

Oh, and Carl and Herm must go. They would make me do backflips with a half twist.

58-4ever 12-10-2007 09:59 AM

Over these next few games, we will really find out whether or not Brodie can get the job done. If not, there is more than one QB prospect this year in the first round that will be around later than our pick. (think of the Roethlisberger year)

If so, we should definitely go with Long or another sure fire pick at tackle as early as possible. Although, the Chargers got a pretty good tackle in the middle of the first last draft too.

Who am I kidding? We need a new person making the picks. That's our real need.