ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Today's draft watch games include Matt Ryan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177543)

ChiefsLV 12-28-2007 09:08 PM

I think it'd be an absolute miracle if Herm took a QB with the fifth pick. Then you'd have to spend the whole year defending the rookie QB while he makes mistakes that YOU KNOW are going to be made because he is a developing QB. Only you'll give him the benefit of the doubt that you won't give Croyle because he is a first round pick and Croyle is a third and Croyle had a "knock" on him coming out of college. And that includes injuries.

Drew Brees had a knock on him coming out of college too. He was too short. Why did Brady last till the sixth round? I'm sure he had some knocks too.

Coogs 12-28-2007 09:11 PM

Did anybody happen to focus on Cherilus tonight? I sort of forgot to while concentrating on Ryan.

The Bad Guy 12-28-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV
Drew Brees had a knock on him coming out of college too. He was too short. Why did Brady last till the sixth round? I'm sure he had some knocks too.

I'm convinced some of you can't comprehend.

It's not a ****ing knock when the guy has had both knees replaced, and has been hurt in 2 of the 5 games he's played in in the NFL.

If you can't stay on the field, I don't care if you're Joe Montana, you can't be relied on.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

ChiefaRoo 12-28-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
If I'm picking in the top 5, I'm looking for John Elway caliber QBs that are studs in every possible category for playing the position and this year their aren't any.

If KC picks an "Elway caliber QB" does he have to have a big giant set of teeth and a pigeon foot? I sure hope not. :)

TRR 12-28-2007 09:13 PM

I'm not a huge Matt Ryan fan. If Jake Long is gone, and Ryan falls, then I wouldn't be upset about drafting him. However, I'm not sure KC fans can handle watching Ryan get knocked to crap behind this O Line. If KC is to draft Ryan, they better spend every dime on the O Line through FA to give him a chance.

ChiefsLV 12-28-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
I'm convinced some of you can't comprehend.

It's not a ****ing knock when the guy has had both knees replaced, and has been hurt in 2 of the 5 games he's played in in the NFL.

If you can't stay on the field, I don't care if you're Joe Montana, you can't be relied on.

Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

The guy is a first-year starter and yes he has had two fluke injuries in five games. Huard has been hurt this year too. I guess I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since our offensive line ****ing blows goats this year. The put downs are not necessary to make your point.

Mecca 12-28-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV
The guy is a first-year starter and yes he has had two fluke injuries in five games. Huard has been hurt this year too. I guess I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since our offensive line ****ing blows goats this year. The put downs are not necessary to make your point.

It's not a fluke injury when it happens to a guy all the time....

That still doesn't address his blown ACL's and torn up shoulder, the guy just gets hurt all the time, he's unreliable.

TRR 12-28-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca

That still doesn't address his blown ACL's and torn up shoulder, the guy just gets hurt all the time, he's unreliable.

It is way too early for someone to label Croyle injury prone. He's been dinged up a bit, but they haven't been serious injuries. And as far as the knee injuries go....It's in the past. It's not like QB's haven't come back from ACL injuries before. Croyle needs more than 5 or 6 games to be labeled anything IMO.

ChiefaRoo 12-28-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

True, he's got to stay on the field.

ChiefsLV 12-28-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Yeah too early to label him unreliable and QB is a position that can recover reasonably well from torn ACL's. Brees tore up his shoulder a couple seasons ago also. I'd like to see how Croyle fares with better pass blocking and a consistent running game. It's way more likely that we'll get to see if Croyle is the real deal than it is that Herm will take a QB with the top pick.

Mecca 12-28-2007 09:32 PM

Well it'll be fun trying to develop a guy who misses 5-7 games every year.

the Talking Can 12-28-2007 09:36 PM

we get it

please let april get here

eazyb81 12-28-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
He's got a mediocre arm that looks even worse when compared to Woodson and Ryan.

Are you drunk? Brohm has a great arm, but Ryan and Woodson also have nice arms.

The only downside to Brohm is his durability. If you feel his injuries were freak incidents, then he's a franchise caliber QB. If you feel his injuries show that he is fragile, then you probably aren't comfortable with taking him to replace our current fragile QB.

eazyb81 12-28-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
It is way too early for someone to label Croyle injury prone. He's been dinged up a bit, but they haven't been serious injuries. And as far as the knee injuries go....It's in the past. It's not like QB's haven't come back from ACL injuries before. Croyle needs more than 5 or 6 games to be labeled anything IMO.

No it's not, he's been hurt his entire playing career. He was hurt all the time at Bama and has shown that he can't stay on the field in the NFL.

HolmeZz 12-28-2007 09:44 PM

"He smells sack, he gets sack."
- Chris Spielman