ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel and Whitlock = BFF's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208215)

MoreLemonPledge 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5799599)
Fullback and playmaker, huh...

Battle will revolutionize the NFL before Tebow.

DeezNutz 05-28-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 5799636)

With all the playmaking FB's coming out next year, Tebow really can't even consider a position switch.

BarrySPAMAID 05-28-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5799624)
True.

If we'd only had another TE or OG, he really would have been able to shine.

We do, Brad Cottam is going to do great. ( In a different role ), and I look for Barry Richardson to step up and play RG , that may be crazy, but it's what Im hoping.

He just needs a chance. I think he'd be a great third down back too.

Nightfyre 05-28-2009 02:14 PM

I can't comprehend the level of justification going on by bronco fans in this thread. Further, Bronco rob is far and away the most reeruned half-assed troll I have ever seen.
1) The broncos traded an arguably top 5 qb who has already shown that he is a franchise qb. And the scary thing was, he hasn't even come close to touching his ceiling and he's super young. All because MickeyD had a mancrush on cassel. So, the Broncos traded arguably the highest potential impact player in the draft for a first and two seconds. No matter how you cut it, that is shit management.

2) These fans deflect by pointing at the chiefs' inadequacies, which is good because it takes the conversation off the biggest bonehead personnel move since the ricky williams fiasco. Well, we're not deluded. We know our team sucks. Our team sucking is not justification for the broncos evident complete mismanagement. Sorry. We didn't just trade away a winning lottery ticket for three powerball tickets and a coke.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrySPAMAID 05-28-2009 02:20 PM

I call it a DONKEYPUNCH. In it's best form.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-28-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5799462)
You might want to take a look at the use of the fullback in both New England and Arizona last season. Hell, as of right now, New England doesn't even have a fullback listed on the roster.

Who needs a two back set when you can put 8 ****ing receivers on the field and throw, throw, THROW ALL DAY!:rolleyes:
God I hate this era of Offense in the NFL!:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 5799636)

ROFLNiiiiice!

T-post Tom 05-28-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5796236)
Because Competitors want to play, not warm the bench.

Seems to me that Dungver fans have their own qb issues to worry about.

Competitor?

Matt Cassel
Games Played 16
Passing YDS 3693
Completion % 63.4
TDs 21
INTs 11
QB RATING 89.4

Kyle Orton
Games Played 15
Passing YDS 2972
Completion % 58.5
TDs 18
INTs 12
QB RATING 79.6

The Bronco Rob 05-28-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5797796)
And again, it's hilarious that you think losing a TE is a big deal.And yet you don't think it's a big deal that you lost an entire offensive coaching staff and a 4,500 yard passer.
The Chiefs upgraded their coaching staff and QB position. Those two are very hard to deny.
It will be very hard for McDaniels to live up to Shanahan, no matter how good he is. And it is very doubtful that Orton comes even remotely close to 4,500 yards. But again... you're right. The Broncos' #2 offensive ranking had nothing to do with Shanahan or Cutler.

1.) Losing a TE is a big deal when he is the best player on the team.

2.) As far as the cheefs "upgrade".. when you go 6-26 and lose more game than the Detriot Lions over the last two seasons not a tough feat.

3.) The Broncos retained Offensive Line Coach Rick Dennison & Running Backs Coach Bobby Turner.. If you did your homework you'd know that..

4.) Yes Cutler is gone. All 5 starters on the O-line return, and there are even now more weapons on the offensive side of the ball. (via draft & FA)

I believe Mark Twain put it best when he said...

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Spott 05-28-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bronco Rob (Post 5799951)
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Yet here you are opening your mouth again.

The Bronco Rob 05-28-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 5799836)
Seems to me that Dungver fans have their own qb issues to worry about.

Competitor?

Matt Cassel
Games Played 16
Passing YDS 3693
Completion % 63.4
TDs 21
INTs 11
QB RATING 89.4

Kyle Orton
Games Played 15
Passing YDS 2972
Completion % 58.5
TDs 18
INTs 12
QB RATING 79.6

My word you are sans a clue

cassel's recievers...

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Jabar Gaffney

Orton's recievers...

Mark Bradley, Devin Hester, Brandon Lloyd, Rashied Davis, Greg Olsen, Earl Bennett, Marty Booker, Kellen Davis, Desmond Clark

Not to mention the 2007 Patriots offense broke NFL records left & right.

good grief......

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-28-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 5799961)
Yet here you are opening your mouth again.

This.

T-post Tom 05-28-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bronco Rob (Post 5799985)
My word you are sans a clue

cassel's recievers...Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Jabar Gaffney Orton's recievers...Mark Bradley, Devin Hester, Brandon Lloyd, Rashied Davis, Greg Olsen, Earl Bennett, Marty Booker, Kellen Davis, Desmond ClarkNot to mention the 2007 Patriots offense broke NFL records left & right.
good grief......

Obviously you are the one w/o a clue. Did you even watch a Patriot or Chicago game last year? If you did, you'd realize that Cassel is a better qb than Orton. Regardless of the supporting cast.

The Bronco Rob 05-28-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 5800044)
Obviously you are the one w/o a clue. Did you even watch a Patriot or Chicago game last year? If you did, you'd realize that Cassel is a better qb than Orton. Regardless of the supporting cast.

Heh..I'd like to see Orton throw to Moss, Welker etc etc..

Oh wait!

He will be in Denver throwing to Marshall, Royal, Stokey, Gaffney, Scheffler

poor cassel...goes From the Penthouse (NE) to the Outhouse (KC)

BarrySPAMAID 05-28-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bronco Rob (Post 5800062)
Heh..I'd like to see Orton throw to Moss, Welker etc etc..

Oh wait!

He will be in Denver throwing to Marshall, Royal, Stokey, Gaffney, Scheffler

poor cassel...goes From the Penthouse (NE) to the Outhouse (KC)

Just remember, your new coach wanted Cassel. Scott Pioli served the Donkeypunch on that one. He got there first, and Now Cutler is gone. Good luck with Orton.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-28-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrysKOOLAID (Post 5800143)
Just remember, your new coach wanted Cassel. Scott Pioli served the Donkeypunch on that one. He got there first, and Now Cutler is gone. Good luck with Orton.

No no, that's all "speculation" and "conjecture"! :rolleyes:ROFL