ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Minsky's Pizza (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224829)

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6602822)
NY Italian style huh? That must make it better than KS Italian style or even MO Italian style. LMAO

Oh, and NY Italian is definitely different than California Italian (and different that Kansas & Missouri).

Why?

Because NY and KC are mainly populated by Sicilians (like myself). The food in Sicily is completely different than the food in Italy, especially Rome.

In Sicily, you'll find the meat balls, sausage, ricotta cheese, arancini's and veal as staple foods. In Roma & Tuscany, it's more prosciutto on very thin cracker-like bread, more olive oil and light creme pastas, etc.

Cal-cuisine, especially Italian Cal-cuisine, is based on Northern Italian cooking. It was very difficult to get used to but I "get it" now. But I still prefer Sicilian food, although there are no Mom & Pop places around here that know how to cook the food correctly. I haven't found a single place in LA, and I've tried them all, that knows how to make Italian sausage even half as well as Scimeca's or Mendolia's. I found a place in the SF Bay area that makes "acceptable" Italian sausage called Podesto's, but we rarely make it up there these days.

The only even decent Sicilian restaurants are both chains: Buca De Pepo and Maggiano's. Neither hold a candle to places in KC like Garozzo's.

Titty Meat 03-14-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUCANTKILLROR (Post 6602528)
THANK YOU! I knew I wasn't alone in thinking that pizza ****ing rocked.

Reapers taste trumps all; kiss my ass Chiefs Planet! :p

Wasn't Kelso's the Nebraska football-tard headquarters of the northland?

Mmmm pizza. I imagine all the ass beatings given to Mizzou add a little salt in the pizza from all the tears being shed?

DJ's left nut 03-14-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6602549)
That corner kicked so much ass. Original Pizza was right next to the goddamned Fun Factory. My 5th-grade ass would do the following at Metro North while my mom shopped: 1.) Pick up books and issues of Wizard, InQuest and ToyFare magazines from WaldenBooks. 2.) Eat at Original Pizza. 3.) Whup some strangers' monkey asses at the X-Men: Children of the Atom arcade game at Fun Factory.

That same area was where they were building the new food court. It was never completed. There's a small crack in the walls around it that you can barely see through to catch a glimpse of the food court that almost-was.

I got thrown out of that fun-factory for mule-kicking the X-men machine when it stole my quarters.

To this day, my buddy and I will ocasionally walk up to each other and, in our best insulting arabic accent, mutter "Hey you, get the !@#$ out of my store..."

Good times.

Titty Meat 03-14-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6602844)
I got thrown out of that fun-factory for mule-kicking the X-men machine when it stole my quarters.

To this day, my buddy and I will ocasionally walk up to each other and, in our best insulting arabic accent, mutter "Hey you, get the !@#$ out of my store..."

Good times.

Ok you made me spit out my chocolate milk.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6602843)
Mmmm pizza. I imagine all the ass beatings given to Mizzou add a little salt in the pizza from all the tears being shed?

I never went to Minski's Nub-Tard Pizza, so I couldn't say. Bitch. :evil:

Fish 03-14-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6602842)
Oh, and NY Italian is definitely different than California Italian (and different that Kansas & Missouri).

Why?

Because NY and KC are mainly populated by Sicilians (like myself). The food in Sicily is completely different than the food in Italy, especially Rome.

In Sicily, you'll find the meat balls, sausage, ricotta cheese, arancini's and veal as staple foods. In Roma & Tuscany, it's more prosciutto on very thin cracker-like bread, more olive oil and light creme pastas, etc.

Cal-cuisine, especially Italian Cal-cuisine, is based on Northern Italian cooking. It was very difficult to get used to but I "get it" now. But I still prefer Sicilian food, although there are no Mom & Pop places around here that know how to cook the food correctly. I haven't found a single place in LA, and I've tried them all, that knows how to make Italian sausage even half as well as Scimeca's or Mendolia's. I found a place in the SF Bay area that makes "acceptable" Italian sausage called Podesto's, but we rarely make it up there these days.

The only even decent Sicilian restaurants are both chains: Buca De Pepo and Maggiano's. Neither hold a candle to places in KC like Garozzo's.

I understand. I'm just poking fun at your overcomplicated way of describing cuisine. It's all a turd in the end.... :D

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6602870)
I understand. I'm just poking fun at your overcomplicated way of describing cuisine. It's all a turd in the end.... :D

Yeah, I guess I've lived out here too long

:D

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6602842)

Why?

Because NY and KC are mainly populated by Sicilians (like myself).

Dane, you ****in' Guinea. :p

Make yourself useful and go whack Saccopoo.

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUCANTKILLROR (Post 6602885)
Dane, you ****in' Guinea. :p

Make yourself useful and go whack Saccopoo.

LMAO

Phobia 03-14-2010 01:39 PM

Okay - Next Door Pizza in the New Longview area of Lee's Summit should be in any discussion about KC area pizza. Delicious Chicago style. Screw you Pizzeria Uno.

Reaper16 03-14-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 6603097)
Okay - Next Door Pizza in the New Longview area of Lee's Summit should be in any discussion about KC area pizza. Delicious Chicago style. Screw you Pizzeria Uno.

How good is the crust at Next Door Pizza?

Titty Meat 03-14-2010 01:57 PM

Fun House Pizza used to be good but I think they changed ownership it sucked last time.

KCUnited 03-14-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6602802)
I adore people watching at Red X!

I buy all my Powerball tickets at the Red X because it looks like the type of place that would produce a lotter winner. Well I was in there in '05 buying a Powerball ticket and saw the biggest pancake titty I've ever seen. This braless Riversider had a pair that looked like something Adam Richman might take on in a food challenge. Man vs. Titty. My wife still tells the story, we were both blown away.

Stewie 03-14-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6603119)
How good is the crust at Next Door Pizza?

Deep dish crusts are always thick and heavy, as are the toppings.

Reaper16 03-14-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6603125)
Deep dish crusts are always thick and heavy, as are the toppings.

I am intimate with Chicago style pizza. I want to know Phobia's estimation and reasons for forming said estimation of Next Door's quality of crust.