ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What do the Chiefs do next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227004)

Rausch 04-22-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6700895)
Not likely.

He's small and most likely a slot receiver.

He's a similar type of player to Marvin Harrison and he can return (which we need.)

We also have no one like him at the position. We have two slower, more physical WR's and squat at TE.

JMO...

DaneMcCloud 04-22-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6700949)
He's a similar type of player to Marvin Harrison and he can return (which we need.)

We also have no one like him at the position. We have two slower, more physical WR's and squat at TE.

JMO...

I get that but I think the Chiefs are better off with Mays, Kindle and Lee with Gilyard in the third than Tate and Lee or Tate and Mays.

It would be awesome to nab the second best ILB in the draft along with a guy like Mays or Joseph (or even Kindle!).

I think Tate's a luxury at this point on a team with too many needs.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. :D

DaneMcCloud 04-22-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6700945)
We can get Sean Lee with our high 3rd rounder most likely. Here's the next three picks I would like to see us make...
OLBer Griffen, NT Linval Joseph, and ILBer Sean Lee

Griffen's production isn't even close to his Combine measurables, and those guys aren't Pioli-type picks.

Micjones 04-22-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6700918)
The defensive talent should be too great to pass up.

They can probably add Gilyard in the third.

I expect Pioli to shore up the middle of the defense with 2a & 2b.

WR is alot deeper than NT.
Get your NT in Round Two.
There will be plenty of middle round options.
Eric Decker, Brandon LaFell, Mardy Gilyard, Taylor Price, Jordan Shipley, Andre Roberts, Danario Alexander, Freddie Barnes, etc.

Micjones 04-22-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6700945)
We can get Sean Lee with our high 3rd rounder most likely. Here's the next three picks I would like to see us make...
OLBer Griffen, NT Linval Joseph, and ILBer Sean Lee

I'd like to see us draft both OLB and ILB's as well.
If we can do that...We'll have had one hell of a defensive draft and added at least 3 new impact defensive starters.

Rausch 04-22-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 6700921)
brandon spikes has more highlights than any LB on our roster. He would be a starter from day 1. Hope its Cody and Spikes

If that is the plan I'd really like to trade DJ. We won't because we just resigned him but I think his talent/upside are bigger right now than any payoff down the road.

And I really don't care that Spikes is slow. Hell, Levon Kirkland was like 270 and slow as hell. But he was quick. He was efficient in motion.

The 3-4 is all about tweeners and unconventional talent...

BigChiefFan 04-22-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6700970)
Griffen's production isn't even close to his Combine measurables, and those guys aren't Pioli-type picks.

He's a blitzing fool. 23 sacks in 3 years at USC. He's a perfect OLBer in a 3-4 defense. Line him up opposite Hali, draft Linval Joseph next, giving us our true NT and then we're getting places. Griffen projects to be a top talent in the NFL.

ForeverChiefs58 04-22-2010 10:28 PM

Hell, it wouldn't be a Chiefs draft if we didn't get a DT the first couple picks

DaneMcCloud 04-22-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 6700992)
He's a blitzing fool. 23 sacks in 3 years at USC. He's a perfect OLBer in a 3-4 defense. Line him up opposite Hali, draft Linval Joseph next, giving us our true NT and then we're getting places. Griffen projects to be a top talent in the NFL.

If he projects to be a top talent, he'd have gone in the first.

You're talking about 7 sacks a year at a school like USC - that's a disappointment when you're talking a minimum of 36 games during that span.

I just don't think he's a Pioli type guy. They want to see production in college, not projections.

notorious 04-22-2010 10:30 PM

Spikes is a ****ing sloth.

DaneMcCloud 04-22-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6701010)
Spikes is a ****ing sloth.

How dare you!

That's an insult to sloths everywhere.

KC kid 04-22-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 6700999)
Hell, it wouldn't be a Chiefs draft if we didn't get a DT the first couple picks

Come on, you can like Spikes all you want, but why reach 2-3 rounds early for him?

oh and the chiefs need a NT. They have too many DTs

KChiefs1 04-22-2010 10:32 PM

2nd Round: Sergio Kindle & Taylor Mays
3rd Round: Sean Lee

Rausch 04-22-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6700964)
I get that but I think the Chiefs are better off with Mays, Kindle and Lee with Gilyard in the third than Tate and Lee or Tate and Mays.

It would be awesome to nab the second best ILB in the draft along with a guy like Mays or Joseph (or even Kindle!).

I think Tate's a luxury at this point on a team with too many needs.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. :D

I think the only wrong would be coming away from this draft without 3 immediate starters. There is just too much talent out there.

Micjones 04-22-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 6701024)
2nd Round: Sergio Kindle & Taylor Mays
3rd Round: Sean Lee

Change Mays to Joseph, Thomas or Cody and this is the best Chiefs draft in a long long long long time.