ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 1st half conniption fit....I mean commentary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=232317)

milkman 08-21-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 6947906)
His completion percentage is lower, and he turned the ball over. He threw for a few more yards (on more attempts), and he threw a pic. It's a solid game, but I'll take fewer yards and one less touchdown in trade for a pic.

As far as missing the point goes, I'm pretty sure that's you. Of course you'll take a game where the QB averaged more yards per attempt than any QB has ever averaged for an entire NFL season. It's like saying that you'd accept a game from a baseball player who homered or a soccer player who scored a goal. It means nothing.

He threw a pick against a better defense.

He also threw for another TD, and the ability to get the ball downfield gives you a better chance to succeed in the short passing game, not only to complete those passes, but to give your play makers the opportunity to turn little passes into big plays.

If you can't stretch the field, defenses can just pack everything in close.

dirk digler 08-21-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6947914)
It's half a ****ing game against a team that went 3-13 last year. In the end, the Chiefs lost and they were only tied at the half.

Let's not turn an otherwise average performance by the offense into a game that makes the record books.

It is also a preseason game that doesn't mean shit either way. People should save the drama for the Regular Season.

-King- 08-21-2010 10:27 PM

How many yards do you guys (OTW, Dane, Mecca), think Cassel should have in the air per pass vs. after the catch?

DeezNutz 08-21-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6947930)
Brady threw all of 6 passes more for 20+ yards than Cassel did last year and with 100 more attempts.

Brady threw all of 4 more for 40+ yards than Cassel did last year, again with an even 100 more attempts.

Great start.

How do the two compare on passes between 11-20 yards, specifically with respect to completion percentage?

P.S.:

1/46
44/46

OnTheWarpath15 08-21-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

It's half a ****ing game against a team that went 3-13 last year. In the end, the Chiefs lost and they were only tied at the half.

Let's not turn an otherwise average performance by the offense into a game that makes the record books.

But if you take this 2 quarter, preseason masterpiece against one of the worst teams in the league and average it out over all 16 regular season games (hilarious) we have ourselves a franchise QB.

Titty Meat 08-21-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6947929)
Ah I had the commentary down, the guy who partners with Green makes me want to strangle him.

ROFL He's the Mizzou play by play guy

notorious 08-21-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6947935)
It is also a preseason game that doesn't mean shit either way. People should save the drama for the Regular Season.

I am afraid a lot of posters are headed for a burnout before week 10.

Mecca 08-21-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6947931)
Out of all the years Marty took us to the playoffs what deep threat outside of maybe Willie Davis did we ever have?

And how did JC get over 1,000 yards last year? Were defenses just dumb? I mean, it was the same Matt Cassel at QB.

This defense doesn't sniff that defenses ass and that teams passing game was it's weak link so why would you remotely go to that?

Saul Good 08-21-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6947916)
He has nearly 100 more yards on the same number of completions...when you are actually throwing down the field it generally leads to a lower completion percentage unless your QB is a freak of nature.

The INT is a much bigger deal than the completion percentage. He threw one more TD and one more INT. I'm not willing to add one TD at the expense of adding an INT. A solid QB should be 2:1. A great QB should be 3:1. The difference between Whitehurst and Cassel in this case was 1:1. No thanks. With the additional yardage, I'll call it a push. They both had outstanding numbers.

BryanBusby 08-21-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

It's half a ****ing game against a team that went 3-13 last year.

Who gives a **** what the Bucs went a season ago? This league changes too fast.

Not that I'm trying to support the Cassel ballwashers.

DaneMcCloud 08-21-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 6947926)
You're the one who called it "****ing pathetic". Is your back getting sore from moving the goalposts?

No, I referred to the whole team performance as pathetic, not Cassel.

There have been people predicting that the Chiefs would go 3-0 to start the season, among other stupid shit. This team, in year two under Haley, looks absolutely no different than in year one. The defense is pushed around, the offensive line is poor at pass blocking and the QB is average at best.

The strength of the team is the running backs, WR's and special teams. The rest of the team, especially the front seven, are well below average.

OnTheWarpath15 08-21-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Out of all the years Marty took us to the playoffs what deep threat outside of maybe Willie Davis did we ever have?

And how did JC get over 1,000 yards last year? Were defenses just dumb? I mean, it was the same Matt Cassel at QB.

Wow, your expectations are lower than I thought.

Out of all those years Marty took us to the playoffs, how many games did we win in the postseason?

Not many. Because that kind of offense doesn't ****ing work in the playoffs.

For all the bitching people did about Martyball, people sure seem accepting of the 2010 version.

milkman 08-21-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

And how many times did Marty's Chiefs, sans Montana, score more than 10 points in the playoffs

DeezNutz 08-21-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 6947948)
The INT is a much bigger deal than the completion percentage. He threw one more TD and one more INT. I'm not willing to add one TD at the expense of adding an INT. A solid QB should be 2:1. A great QB should be 3:1. The difference between Whitehurst and Cassel in this case was 1:1. No thanks. With the additional yardage, I'll call it a push. They both had outstanding numbers.

Herm?

Mecca 08-21-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6947937)
How many yards do you guys (OTW, Dane, Mecca), think Cassel should have in the air per pass vs. after the catch?

All I'm asking for is some intermediate passing with a deep shot here and there, you can't have everything in this 7 yard bubble.