ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *TheOfficial*Luv's Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245043)

MOhillbilly 05-17-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7644608)
:eek:

Eating one egg with the egg yolk contributes 213 mg of cholesterol to your daily requirement. It is therefore rich in cholesterol and should be eaten in very limited quantity whether you are at risk for heart disease or not.

Lies

EyePod 05-17-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Eating one egg with the egg yolk contributes 213 mg of cholesterol to your daily requirement. It is therefore rich in cholesterol and should be eaten in very limited quantity whether you are at risk for heart disease or not.

They've been revising what they say about eggs and their cholesterol causing issues. I'm also ridiculously active so I'm not the "average" person. I also haven't been to a doctor since 2005 because I have had 0 major issues. I am planning on going this year and I will get a full workup (cholesterol check included), just to alleviate anyones' worries. Feel free to not eat as many eggs as I do until that time when I prove that eggs are AMAZING for you.

Quote:

The American Heart Association has now removed the restriction on the number of egg yolks that should be eaten weekly from their dietary guidelines.
http://www.clarionledger.com/article...-benefits-eggs

Quote:

For most healthy people, the cholesterol in food does not affect blood cholesterol the same way that saturated fat does so there is no reason to worry about eating eggs. There are some people with high blood cholesterol who appear to be more sensitive to the cholesterol in food and they may be advised to limit their intake of egg yolks to about 3 per week
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/13...rce-of-protein

Quote:

If you eat foods containing cholesterol, your body doesn’t have to work as hard to produce it.
http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...-get-the-facts

EyePod 05-17-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7644662)
Lies

I'd refer to it more as government misinformation. Similar to that damn WRONG food pyramid. Sugar, refined carbs, and a sedentary lifestyle are the reason this world is fat.

sedated 05-17-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

I eat a ton of eggs when I'm in a lifting routine. We have yearly check-ups at work and I've never come close to having an issue with cholesterol.

EyePod 05-17-2011 12:06 PM

More info about cholesterol:

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condit...38_Article.jsp

Basically, your diet plays a very small role in it. It tends to be more a function of your liver.

EyePod 05-17-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 7644688)
I eat a ton of eggs when I'm in a lifting routine. We have yearly check-ups at work and I've never come close to having an issue with cholesterol.

Yep. It's not a real issue. It's just something ingrained in most people. But then again, "most people" don't do any lifting at all other than their big mac's. I mean, really? You think that me eating one of those individual serving bags of doritoes or krimpets is better than a hard boiled egg? You have got to be kidding me.

luv 05-17-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 7644576)
dieting doesn'lt work for most people because once you go off the diet you gain all the weight back...

what you need is basically a life style change to eat healthy and lose weight very gradually and be able to keep it off because you never were on a diet, rather you just changed your eating habits and ate healthy for a change, permanently...

i have lost over 30 pounds since last fall (around turkey day) and even when i eat unhealthy foods, i don't gain weight as long as i get back to healthy eating before too long...

eating 5 - 6 small meals a day and drinking lots of water (5 -6 glasses a day) together with emphasizing fruits and vegetables and whole wheat grain...

and of course, limiting red meat to no more than 3 times a week...

the weight slowly melts off and no crazy rebound weight gain...

i recommend it, luv...

hard to change habits, but worth it to try...

and i don't exercise at all due to physical limitations, i would probably lose a little faster if i did, but i'm gradually losing weight anyway...

dieting is bad, permanently changing your eating habits to a more healthy approach works...

I definitely need to increase my intake of water, as it's pretty near non-existent right now. I also find it hard to eat that many times per day. While I love breakfast foods, I don't eat breakfast. I hear that I should, but I'm just not that hungry in the morning. I average two meals and a snack each day.

luv 05-17-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 7644605)
Sorry Go Bowe, but I'm really sitting here wondering about the red meat. Why not have that more than 3 times a week?

Another good thing for you Luv would be to continue to talk about eating healthier with people who eat heatlhy. It really helps. I know a bunch of people who lose weight doing weight watchers, but I've heard that the meetings have now become just a bunch of overweight women saying how they didn't stick to it this week. Find people who have it working for them and talk to them. It works a lot better than just hanging out with people who have that "woe is me" attitude.

Started increasing my exercise already. I know it's probably not even a full mile there and back, but I started walking to class last night. When I get moved in with dad, I will try riding my bike to work on a Saturday, so I can see how long it takes me, how sweaty I get, etc. before doing so of a morning. Also, once I get moved in, I'll have a little extra (above what I plan to save) to join a gym. Exercise is little right now, but it's more than I have been doing. Looking forward to really hitting it in June.

Also, a co-worker here lost about 80 lbs the healthy way, and she's shown me a spreadsheet she uses to keep track of her water, protein, carb, and sodium intake, as well as exercise for each day. I've never done well with a journal though. And when I lose track of that, I get discouraged in trying to change my diet as well. Right now, I'm working on no soda, less sweet stuff, and more exercise.

EyePod 05-17-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7644705)
Started increasing my exercise already. I know it's probably not even a full mile there and back, but I started walking to class last night. When I get moved in with dad, I will try riding my bike to work on a Saturday, so I can see how long it takes me, how sweaty I get, etc. before doing so of a morning. Also, once I get moved in, I'll have a little extra (above what I plan to save) to join a gym. Exercise is little right now, but it's more than I have been doing. Looking forward to really hitting it in June.

Remember, moving all that stuff is a good workout too. Once you get going to the gym, I'd really try for something more than you just sitting on a bike or jogging on a treadmill for 45 minutes straight. Some weight lifting does wonders.

It's kinda funny now, but I just got married 2 weeks ago. Almost a year ago is when I started to CrossFit (I can explain if necessary). At the time, my fiance complained to her mother about how she wished her arms were smaller for the wedding. In response, her mom bought her a shakeweight. It was never used. My fiance also joined CrossFit, and she LOVED the way she looked on our wedding day (there's pictures in the wedding thread). The craziest part is that both her and I didn't really lose or gain any weight. We just look a ton better than we used to. It's amazing what happens when you get rid of that little layer of fat on the outside of all of your muscle that you have! Diet also played a big role, and hanging out with a bunch of people who are interested in fitness and eating well really helps force you to do the same. And if I'm gonna drink the theoretical kool-aid, I'd rather it be something that makes me look good and feel better!

luv 05-17-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 7644720)
Remember, moving all that stuff is a good workout too. Once you get going to the gym, I'd really try for something more than you just sitting on a bike or jogging on a treadmill for 45 minutes straight. Some weight lifting does wonders.

It's kinda funny now, but I just got married 2 weeks ago. Almost a year ago is when I started to CrossFit (I can explain if necessary). At the time, my fiance complained to her mother about how she wished her arms were smaller for the wedding. In response, her mom bought her a shakeweight. It was never used. My fiance also joined CrossFit, and she LOVED the way she looked on our wedding day (there's pictures in the wedding thread). The craziest part is that both her and I didn't really lose or gain any weight. We just look a ton better than we used to. It's amazing what happens when you get rid of that little layer of fat on the outside of all of your muscle that you have! Diet also played a big role, and hanging out with a bunch of people who are interested in fitness and eating well really helps force you to do the same. And if I'm gonna drink the theoretical kool-aid, I'd rather it be something that makes me look good and feel better!

Definitely need to lose more than a little fat around the muscles. My goal is 100 lbs.

EyePod 05-17-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7644736)
Definitely need to lose more than a little fat around the muscles. My goal is 100 lbs.

It can be done.

http://aimeesfitnessblog.blogspot.co...-pound-pr.html

This is a girl from my gym. Just try not to dwell too much on the weight. Focus more on the getting in shape part. Like, oh, when I started, it sucked for me to bike for a little. Now I can go for an hour with no problem!

MOhillbilly 05-17-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

of what?

EyePod 05-17-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

You should just tell people that you're more badass than them. YOU train with a 100lb weight vest on! BOOM!

luv 05-17-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7644755)
of what?

Trust me, it's there. I tell people where losing that would put me, and they always tell me that I don't look like I weigh that much.

listopencil 05-17-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7644783)
Trust me, it's there. I tell people where losing that would put me, and they always tell me that I don't look like I weigh that much.

Do you mean that you are trying to get down to 100 pounds or that you are trying to lose 100 pounds?