ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This site has no heart (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250408)

kysirsoze 09-22-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 7934018)
There is thread after thread of people wanting this team to lose. Some of them are right here in this thread.

I think most people's ideal situation would be for us to win now AND draft a franchise QB. The problem is it is much more likely to draft a franchise QB in the early 1st round, especially one as likely to succeed as Andrew Luck. I am rooting for the team long-term. I am rooting for the team to become a team that can do what no other Chiefs team I've ever seen could. Win a ****ing Superbowl.

kysirsoze 09-22-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7934027)
There are people that think this team has sucked for 42 years like the Chiefs didn't have a stretch of 10 years with the 2nd most wins in the NFL (the 90's).

I fully understand we haven't won a SB since IV, as I have been watching for a while but come on people.

That stretch is more of an argument for needing Luck than Cassel is. Even with those great 90's teams we couldn't even get to the SB much less win it. Add to that the way the game has changed since the 90's and it becomes apparent that we won't go anywhere until we get a franchise quarterback. If we aren't going to win a SB this year, why not root for our best chance to win one in the next 10?

BossChief 09-22-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7933982)
you're a dipshit, dude

If you can't take a little "tongue in cheek" in my posting style by now, I guess you'll just never get it.

Like I really am a Dallas Cowboys fan...freaking moron LMAO

sure......Id be saying the same thing if I ever tried to make a change, too.

It definitely wouldn't take.

Welcome back, I guess.

Marcellus 09-22-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7934048)
That stretch is more of an argument for needing Luck than Cassel is. Even with those great 90's teams we couldn't even get to the SB much less win it. Add to that the way the game has changed since the 90's and it becomes apparent that we won't go anywhere until we get a franchise quarterback. If we aren't going to win a SB this year, why not root for our best chance to win one in the next 10?

You are arguing a different point. We had the offense to win in 2002 and 2003.

I am all about getting a QB stud. It is a QB league now where it used to be a RB and defense league.

The Chiefs used to be defensive team with bad offense and and became a good offensive team with no defense. (As you all know).

We need a stud QB and decent defense.

People that say this team has sucked for 42 years are wrong, they haven't sucked, they just haven't been good enough in one area.

Until now where we look like shit in all areas including ST.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-22-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 7931910)
The Chiefs have been abysmal for the first two games this season, that is inescapable. But it is cataclysmic how two games have turned so many people that are professed fans to say that our only hope now lies in losing out this season to grab a college quarter back. The realities of the season are that we don't have berry, moeaki or charles. However, we are only a game out of first place. If the bleeding can be mended and the coaching staff can get decent play from the safeties and DMc shows up as that second round draft pick we've all bitched about - then this season can be saved. To talk about tanking a season or even rooting for it after 2 games to get a college kid is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing stupid.

Oh shut the **** up. Do you watch the rest of the NFL? Do you see any resemblance between the teams that are perennial Super Bowl contenders and the teams that aren't? This franchise has a golden opportunity to get on the right track next April. I'd gladly sacrifice one season for many successful ones and not just ones that are due to us having a shit schedule and we get by with our mediocre team and shitty QB. If we want Super Bowl titles, we need a franchise QB. Some Chiefs fans are so scared to win it's hilarious.

kysirsoze 09-22-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7934069)
You are arguing a different point. We had the offense to win in 2002 and 2003.

I am all about getting a QB stud. It is a QB league now where it used to be a RB and defense league.

The Chiefs used to be defensive team with bad offense and and became a good offensive team with no defense. (As you all know).

We need a stud QB and decent defense.

People that say this team has sucked for 42 years are wrong, they haven't sucked, they just haven't been good enough in one area.

Until now where we look like shit in all areas including ST.

I'm not saying Luck will fix everything. Just the most important thing. I agree with the bolded part. The problem is that every season since Superbowl IV has ended in disappointment. I can't look back on a single game, no matter how great, without there being a small twinge of sadness at how that season ended. I'm not a generally negative guy, but it tends to cast a shadow on even the best Chiefs memories.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-22-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7934082)
I'm not saying Luck will fix everything. Just the most important thing. I agree with the bolded part. The problem is that every season since Superbowl IV has ended in disappointment. I can't look back on a single game, no matter how great, without there being a small twinge of sadness at how that season ended. I'm not a generally negative guy, but it tends to cast a shadow on even the best Chiefs memories.

Only one team doesn't suck at the end of the year, and that's the Super Bowl champion.

Aries Walker 09-22-2011 10:06 PM

I thought we were doing pretty well with Trent Green, until that caveman from Cincinnati took him out. I did, however, realize mid-last-year that Cassell was too inconsistent to be our QBotF (and I got a bit criticized here for saying that, by the way). I think that monstrous deal we handed him was a big mistake in retrospect, and now we're stuck with a backup QB at franchise prices.

This season sucks, but it's still the beginning, but it really sucks. Personally, it's too early for me to throw in the towel, but I can't begrudge other people from doing exactly that, and even thinking it might be better if we lost out and grabbed Luck. I certainly wouldn't call them only 'professed fans' because of it.

Marcellus 09-22-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7934082)

I have lived the same ending you have every year.

It sucks. 1993 was crushing. 1995 suckd ass, 1997 I punched a hole in the wall. 1999 last game of the season I went bezerk. 2003 I was just pissed to hell.

2010 I was let down. Huge.

But to say they sucked? No.

If your team gets you to extra games, you need to appreciate that to some extent.

I want a SB as much as anyone. I plan to go if it happens regardless of cost. But to dismiss the team as suck for 42 years. No. I won't do that.

Hootie 09-22-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7934059)
sure......Id be saying the same thing if I ever tried to make a change, too.

It definitely wouldn't take.

Welcome back, I guess.

dude I don't care if it takes

if everyone on this site wants to think I'm a Cowboys fan...go right ahead

don't care what anyone thinks of me or my Chiefs loyalty

kysirsoze 09-22-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7934093)
I want a SB as much as anyone. I plan to go if it happens regardless of cost. But to dismiss the team as suck for 42 years. No. I won't do that.

I guess I haven't seen a lot of that sentiment. Just that anything less than a SB is a disappointment. Perhaps I have been arguing the wrong point because we have definitely had some great teams.

Psyko Tek 09-23-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcause (Post 7931910)
The Chiefs have been abysmal for the first two games this season, that is inescapable. But it is cataclysmic how two games have turned so many people that are professed fans to say that our only hope now lies in losing out this season to grab a college quarter back. The realities of the season are that we don't have berry, moeaki or charles. However, we are only a game out of first place. If the bleeding can be mended and the coaching staff can get decent play from the safeties and DMc shows up as that second round draft pick we've all bitched about - then this season can be saved. To talk about tanking a season or even rooting for it after 2 games to get a college kid is ****ing stupid. It's ****ing stupid.

**** you n00b
I hope this is a repost
he chargers need fans

lostcause 09-23-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7934076)
Oh shut the **** up. Do you watch the rest of the NFL? Do you see any resemblance between the teams that are perennial Super Bowl contenders and the teams that aren't? This franchise has a golden opportunity to get on the right track next April. I'd gladly sacrifice one season for many successful ones and not just ones that are due to us having a shit schedule and we get by with our mediocre team and shitty QB. If we want Super Bowl titles, we need a franchise QB. Some Chiefs fans are so scared to win it's hilarious.

You're a retodd.

lostcause 09-23-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 7934352)
**** you n00b
I hope this is a repost
he chargers need fans

**** you old queer. you need a raider dick in your ass.

lostcause 09-23-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 7931961)
It's not stupid, your face is stupid!

your face is stupid.