ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In Pioli I Trust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256537)

BigRock 02-27-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8401722)
People keep bitching about the contract Cassel received.

He was tagged. KC was on the hook for $14.65 million, the amount of the tag at the time.

With his new contract KC paid him $15.2 million. People are really upset about the half mil?

The next year he got 11.9 million. If they had to tag him twice to evaluate him it would have been around 30 million. They paid him 27.1 for the first two years. The money would have been the same.

And here's the best part: if Cassel had been tagged twice, not only would it have cost more money, he would have been signed long-term after his fluke 2010 season.

Meaning that right now, today, we'd only be one year into a long-term contract with Cassel that would be worth a hell of a lot more than the one he actually signed.

BoneKrusher 02-27-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8402510)
peterson had 3 playoff win in 20 years, none since 93

pioli has had 3 years

but Pioli blew it by trading for Castle.

if he thinks or still thinks Castle is a starting QB he aint worth a **** as GM>

InChiefsHeaven 02-27-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8402501)
I think Vick would be scary good in our offense since we had\have a great running game with Charles.

Add to the fact Vick can throw it on a rope for 50 yds while Cassel barely can make a 5yd pass and I think we could have a dominant offense.

Just my opinion.

But Vick was\is a thug dog killah yo! Not the right fitty-three and stuff...

Mr. Laz 02-27-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8402601)
but Pioli blew it by trading for Castle.

yep, he did.

[/edit] actually the mistake wasn't trading for Cassel as it was giving him the big contact, instead of immediately looking for a better long term solution.

beach tribe 02-27-2012 04:56 PM

I'm definitely on board with the basics principles of the OP.
Say what you want of the Pioli regime, but the fact that he's taken a broken franchise and transformed it into a talented ball club built through the draft to be a future contender for many years is undeniable.
If he fails to acquire the pieces needed to become a SB contender before his tenure is up, I will consider him a failure, but all the dumbasses who run around acting like it's a foregone conclusion that he will not make the moves necessary just look like arrogant self-important fools.
I have no doubt that the proper triggers will be pulled when the right targets are in sight.
We need a Franchise QB. No doubt about it. But all this " I don't care if the QB busts at least we will have taken a shot" talk has got to be the stupidest shit I have ever heard. If we would have chosen Mark Sanchez we would still have the same situation at QB we have now, and would be without one of the most promising young 5-techs in the league. That whole draft was full of suck. I'd rather have Tyson Jackson than some worthless POS that would need replacing right now. It's easy to look back, find the best player from the draft and say "see, should have picked Clay Mathews, what an idiot Pioli was" totally disregarding the fact that almost 20 other teams passed on him for the loser they ended up with out of that draft.
A lot of fools around here act like their opinion is just worth way more than is.
And then you have the other group, a real valuable set, who offer no opinion whatsoever of what we should have done, and post the exact same "Cassel/Pioli suck"
post over and over and over ad nauseum.
What would we do without their valuable contributions to this board.

With that said, there is no denying the fact that this place also has a collection of some of the finest posters on ANY football site period, and not all of them stand behind this regime, but give well thought out and viable reasons why they feel they shouldn't, and I completely respect their opinions.

007 02-27-2012 04:58 PM

As long as Cassel is our starter I won't support this fool.

beach tribe 02-27-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8402598)
And here's the best part: if Cassel had been tagged twice, not only would it have cost more money, he would have been signed long-term after his fluke 2010 season.

Meaning that right now, today, we'd only be one year into a long-term contract with Cassel that would be worth a hell of a lot more than the one he actually signed.

Good point. Fact is Cassel's contract has not prevented this team from being able to make any move it wished to make, so the contract is completely moot.

FringeNC 02-27-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8402725)
yep, he did.

[/edit] actually the mistake wasn't trading for Cassel as it was giving him the big contact, instead of immediately looking for a better long term solution.

Yeah, trading for Cassel was a mistake. 2008 Tyler Thigpen was better than 2009 Matt Cassel.

Tribal Warfare 02-27-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8402758)

A big this

Chiefnj2 02-27-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8402767)
2008 Tyler Thigpen was better than 2009 Matt Cassel.

2008 everything was better than 2009. Bowe, Albert, etc. You fire your OC 2 weeks before the season and have head coach over his head, things fall apart.

beach tribe 02-27-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Until Pioli proves that he's gonna go down in flames with Cassel and not replace him with an unquestionably better option, that is realistically attainable, I will support him.

If he does end up doing what we all FEAR he might. I will spit on his grave.

beach tribe 02-27-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8402779)
2008 everything was better than 2009. Bowe, Albert, etc. You fire your OC 2 weeks before the season and have head coach over his head, things fall apart.

Yet we went 2-14 in 2008.

Man, those were the days. Pioli just had to come in, and **** it all up.

FringeNC 02-27-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8402779)

For you to be correct that Haley is incompetent (which you obviously believe), Pittsburgh just had to make a HUGE mistake in hiring him. Who knows, you could be right, but my money is on Cassel being completely responsible for our ineptitude on offense.

Saul Good 02-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Who should we get? He drafted Stanzi and signed Orton. Should he have outbid the Raiders for Carson Palmer?

FTR, I think we're about to make a serious push for Peyton if he's healthy. That's a big IF, though. Short of that, I don't know who else is out there.

Chiefnj2 02-27-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8402807)
Yet we went 2-14 in 2008.

Man, those were the days. Pioli just had to come in, and **** it all up.

Herm bit the bullet starting young guys like Carr and Flowers.