ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Stanzi has become another Pioli zombie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265012)

BossChief 10-12-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9005556)
I know for a fact that I would feel the same about Stanzi if he played for Mizzou, Kansas, or K-State simply because I would be similarly familiar with his capabilities because I see a few of these ballgames a year. I'm not an Iowa Homer whatsoever. I grew up there and I follow the Hawks because that's who I followed when I was a kid but I'm not rabid about any college team in particular. I even wear Mizzou and Texas gear around now and then. I'd buy a KU hat if I saw one I liked.

I haven't even watched an Iowa game this year...but I watch 2 or 3 college games a week.

I followed them a lot while Ricky was there because the team won games and was fun to watch.

If Stanzi threw a pick (half his career picks were in the first quarter of games) you could bet money that Stanzi would find a way to fight and claw his way back and win the game and that made for a lot of fun games.

What sold me was that Indiana game his first year...the kid has a ****ton of heart and leadership and thats what this team is in desperate need of right now. It's a shame he still hasn't gotten a chance.

htismaqe 10-12-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9005574)
The same could be said for Todd Reesing though, right?

You may have been a non-homer but the other 10,000 posts were made by homers.

The bottom line is that the guy is the biggest myth since Brian Shay, except it just won't stop.

Stanzi didn't play in a spread and he is nearly a foot taller. Other than that, they are remarkably similar. :p

CoMoChief 10-12-2012 02:04 PM

Todd Reesing was not a good QB

Neither is Stanzi

BossChief 10-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9005574)
The same could be said for Todd Reesing though, right?

You may have been a non-homer but the other 10,000 posts were made by homers.

The bottom line is that the guy is the biggest myth since Brian Shay, except it just won't stop.

Hahahaha

Ok Dane.

DJ, SNR, Phobia, Iowanian, htismaque, myself, direcshun, sac, Aturnis, Rico, and a bunch of other posters are just homers that completely lack objectivity and you ARE objective in your opinion of a player you haven't even seen play a whole game.

Sure.

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9005605)
Hahahaha

Ok Dane.

DJ, SNR, Phobia, Iowanian, htismaque, myself, direcshun, sac, Aturnis, Rico, and a bunch of other posters are just homers that completely lack objectivity and you ARE objective in your opinion of a player you haven't even seen play a whole game.

Sure.

70% of those guys you listed either live or lived in Iowa and are Iowa fans.

And there has never been a more mentioned "faux" player in the history of Chiefsplanet than Ricky Stanzi.

BossChief 10-12-2012 02:27 PM

Hey Dane, does Milkman live in Iowa?

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7861770)
From the little I've seen, he reminds me a of young Terry Bradshaw from a mechanical standpoint, and from decision making.

He's made a couple boneheaded ones, and that was the knock on Bradshaw.

People thought he just wasn't smart enough, which lead to poor decision making at the time.

Chad Pennington?

Seriously?

The kid looks like he has some real potential, and might possibly have a future.

DJ's left nut 10-12-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005576)
This to the mutha****in max. It's funny how most are screaming for a rookie QB, but they know damn well they don't have the patience for it. After Matt Ryan's first and second years people were saying he was okay but would never be the one. Now, they can't wait to suck on his discharge machine. Sometimes it takes time and no I'm not saying Stanzi is Matt Ryan dumbasses.

Oh I don't think that's quite right either.

I think people would be extremely patient with someone like Geno or Wilson (ugh) or Barkley, Bray, etc...; guys that the team clearly thought were worthy of top-end assets and a legitimate shot to succeed.

But there's no more patience left for the Pat Barnes and Mark Vlasic's of the world. A couple of years ago there might have been, but there's no way another 2nd or 3rd day pick will be accepted by the fans right now. Right or wrong, they're only going to be patient if this is a first round, 'pedigreed' quarterback that's learning on the job.

But I think the fans will be plenty tolerant of a high-round rookie.

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9005647)
Hey Dane, does Milkman live in Iowa?

Here's the truth: I ****ing HATE Ricky Stanzi and I hope ****ing fails.

I'm so ****ing sick of hearing his name in this forum that I ****ing hate him. I hate more than I hated Joe Montana when he became a Chiefs (It was extremely painful watching that **** in Chiefs uni).

I hate him more than this fan base hates Pioli right now and I can't wait for the day when I never have to hear about him again.

Happy?

Titty Meat 10-12-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9005659)

I'm so ****ing sick of hearing his name in this forum that I ****ing hate him. I hate more than I hated Joe Montana when he became a Chiefs (It was extremely painful watching that **** in Chiefs uni).

I hate him more than this fan base hates Pioli right now and I can't wait for the day when I never have to hear about him again.

Happy?

Haha. All the Stanzi homers remind me of BEP in politics when she talks about Ron Paul. It's a pretty impressive cult following for a guy who couldn't even beat out a guy who's now selling shoes and another journeyman QB.

BossChief 10-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Happy?

Haha

U Mad?

htismaqe 10-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9005673)
Haha. All the Stanzi homers remind me of BEP in politics when she talks about Ron Paul. It's a pretty impressive cult following for a guy who couldn't even beat out a guy who's now selling shoes and another journeyman QB.

The funny thing is that there aren't any Stanzi homers.

There's Boss and there's...well...there's...

You don't like BossChief. Guilt by association and nothing more...

HemiEd 10-12-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Happy?

:LOL: Thats the spirit, welcome back Dane!

STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9005720)
Haha

U Mad?

Mad? No.

I just hope Ricky Stanzi gets a chance to play, then shits himself more than Cassel and Thigpen and Huard and Croyle COMBINED so that I never have to hear about him again.

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9005721)

Aturnis

Titty Meat 10-12-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9005721)

I don't like BossChief? I wouldn't say that's exactly true.

The 2011 off season we were miles apart. Last off season we seemed to agree on nearly everything.

I don't like Ricky Stanzi. I've already explained this over and over I just don't think the guy is a good QB and i've already given numerous examples.

I don't think all the Stanzi supporters are Hawkeye homers but the thing that bothers me the most about all of this is how quickly dismissive you pro-Stanzi folks are of non-Stanzi believers.