ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Does Charles and Bowe and other Chief players seeking Peyton's autograph bother you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267105)

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 05:16 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...denver-broncos

There is a Mike and Mike podcast on the page as well.

The poll on that page is even more lopsided than ours.

kcfanXIII 11-27-2012 05:27 PM

i don't really care what others think on the issue. i have a problem with a member of my favorite team, in the midst of a historically bad season, approaching the opponent with an autograph request, after a loss. is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? hell no. autographs are not why this team is 1-10. like i've said, i would just like to see my favorite players taking the current state of things a little more seriously.

Brock 11-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9157525)
i don't really care what others think on the issue. i have a problem with a member of my favorite team, in the midst of a historically bad season, approaching the opponent with an autograph request, after a loss. is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? hell no. autographs are not why this team is 1-10. like i've said, i would just like to see my favorite players taking the current state of things a little more seriously.

There isn't anyone at any level of management that act as if they give a shit, I don't blame the players for adopting the same attitude.

Hootie 11-27-2012 05:30 PM

no one is up in arms about Peyton Manning reportedly getting Brady Quinn's autograph!

Hootie 11-27-2012 05:32 PM

I wonder if Peyton Manning will hand write a letter to Matt Cassel next year after Cassel "retires" (AKA can't find a job)!

IS CASSEL LETTER WORTHY?!

kcfanXIII 11-27-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9157532)
There isn't anyone at any level of management that act as if they give a shit, I don't blame the players for adopting the same attitude.

this may be true, but i'm tired of the attitude. where ever it is coming from. makes for a boring season.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9157532)

Are you talking about Chief's management?

Because this is not an isolated incident.

Brock 11-27-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9157636)
Are you talking about Chief's management?

Because this is not an isolated incident.

That's undisputed, but the guy is saying that their record should stop them from doing what every other player does.

Marcellus 11-27-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9157525)

This happens all the time and it is rarely caught on camera or witnessed. In other words what you never knew before didn't kill you.

Blame it more on JC being a dumbass and doing it in front of media.

The resounding logic amongst people who dislike it is "after a loss". So had we won it is ok? So since we loss I cant go get an autograph of Manning?
Players don't think that way and fans shouldn't be surprised.

Marcellus 11-27-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9157659)
That's undisputed, but the guy is saying that their record should stop them from doing what every other player does.

"Damn, I wish we were 7-4 so I could get that autograph. Maybe if I played harder we would have won and it would be OK."

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 06:39 PM

The reason it's an issue is because Kevin Ross said so.

It depends on how much credibility you give Kevin Ross statements.

The league is not like it used to be. Maybe everyone is like this. Guys like Eric Berry and Ray Lewis, football psychopaths, seem to get rarer every year.

FloridaMan88 11-27-2012 06:42 PM

Clark and Fat Scott are laughing at this thread.

This non-story is taking the focus off their epic failure for a few days.

okcchief 11-27-2012 06:44 PM

I think it speaks to the culture of this team. They aren't focused on business. It doesn't bother me that much, but it looks a little juvenile.

Someone needs to bring the nasty back to this organization.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9157748)
I think it speaks to the culture of this team.

Huh?

So, the culture of the Chiefs is the cause of what most players around the league do?

Marcellus 11-27-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9157733)
The reason it's an issue is because Kevin Ross said so.

It depends on how much credibility you give Kevin Ross statements.

The league is not like it used to be. Maybe everyone is like this. Guys like Eric Berry and Ray Lewis, football psychopaths, seem to get rarer every year.

No, not really. Many athletes have said its normal and there is no issue so why does Kevin Ross have the final say?