ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hunt willing to trade pick per kffl (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268909)

FringeNC 01-15-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9320904)
Dorsey has made comments about the qb crop...Hunt has made comments about the lacking quality of this qb crop and how the team will be open to trade up offers.

I know things can change drastically, but there would be no point in making those statements under false pretenses BECAUSE WE HAVE THE TOP PICK.

Yep, if it's going to QB at #1, at some point we will start hearing chatter about who they like. No point in hiding it really because do teams trade into the #1 position if there is no elite QB to take? We going to be drafting at #1 almost certainly, at this point, I don't think they plan on taking Smith, but of course that can change if Smith or whatever QB wows them at the combine.

btw, from the point of view of attempting to maximize any possible trade value of the pick, they should TALKING UP how great this year's crop of QBs are, shouldn't they?

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 02:02 PM

I firmly believe Andy Reid is one of the greatest offensive minds in the history of the game. I have full confidence in him to find the right personnel and put them in positions to make plays. We're fine there.

crossbow 01-15-2013 02:08 PM

Pre-draft smoke screens and bull shit. I would like to sell a 1987 volkswagon for $45,000 but thats a dream too. Really, NFL predraft is worse then a presidential election...everybody is full of it.

BossChief 01-15-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9320988)
People aren't happy unless there is something to freak out about.

Nobody is "freaking out"

Just some of us choose not to have our head in the sand regarding the biggest decision this team has to make in the last 30 years and the decision makers eluding to the fact we might not take advantage of the opportunity AGAIN.

Dorsey CLEARLY said we will take BPA
Clark said he is open to trading the pick and didn't sound confident in the qb class.

I've said ALL ALONG, going back to a few days after the KSt game that Genos stock would skyrocket after the combine and interviews, but I didn't expect these types of direct comments to be made at this point.

BossChief 01-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9320994)
Yep, if it's going to QB at #1, at some point we will start hearing chatter about who they like. No point in hiding it really because do teams trade into the #1 position if there is no elite QB to take? We going to be drafting at #1 almost certainly, at this point, I don't think they plan on taking Smith, but of course that can change if Smith or whatever QB wows them at the combine.

btw, from the point of view of attempting to maximize any possible trade value of the pick, they should TALKING UP how great this year's crop of QBs are, shouldn't they?

Exactly.

O.city 01-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9321022)
Nobody is "freaking out"

Just some of us choose not to have our head in the sand regarding the biggest decision this team has to make in the last 30 years and the decision makers eluding to the fact we might not take advantage of the opportunity AGAIN.

Dorsey CLEARLY said we will take BPA
Clark said he is open to trading the pick and didn't sound confident in the qb class.

I've said ALL ALONG, going back to a few days after the KSt game that Genos stock would skyrocket after the combine and interviews, but I didn't expect these types of direct comments to be made at this point.

I think positional value will go in to selecting BPA.

mcaj22 01-15-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9320564)
It's not complicated though. Just sign. You act like we have to search for a new LT. The guy is there. Sign him and move on to something else.

you do realize crazier things have happened right lol

whoman69 01-15-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

It's not complicated though. Just sign. You act like we have to search for a new LT. The guy is there. Sign him and move on to something else.

So you think this is a ploy to get Albert signed?

Cephalic Trauma 01-15-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9319979)
Hunt makes all the calls. He's the owner. Dumb post.

Dorsey said yesterday "Who makes the calls? I do." when addressing that point which is what I think that poster in referring to.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9321599)
So you think this is a ploy to get Albert signed?

That would be ridiculous considering the Chiefs could just tag him.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

I'd only sign him if he checks out medically, which at this point, isn't an absolutely certainty.

O.city 01-15-2013 04:46 PM

Seems as though Albert is the perfect candidate for the Tag.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321666)
Seems as though Albert is the perfect candidate for the Tag.

Yes and no.

If he's tagged, you're paying him more than he's worth. If he's not tagged, the Chiefs likely have a big hole to fill.

O.city 01-15-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321671)
Yes and no.

If he's tagged, you're paying him more than he's worth. If he's not tagged, the Chiefs likely have a big hole to fill.

Yeah, probably.

In terms of finding out his health, the tag seems like a good idea, if you wanna wait it out.

patteeu 01-15-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9321022)
Nobody is "freaking out"...

:spock: This board is filled with people freaking out.