ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget the draft - radio hosts and callers already rationalizing starter MATT CASSEL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269146)

Three7s 01-22-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9340953)
And I hope you get the flaming-rim-rhoids for quoting her yet again...

That's Deb, the infamous woman from Facebook, right?

Rausch 01-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9340956)
That's Deb, the infamous woman from Facebook, right?

Nein...

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9340966)
Nein...

May as well be.

Cut from the same reerun mold.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9340841)
I said it the week Reid was hired. Andy himself made remarks which indicated he thought Cassel had gotten a short shot and was sympathetic to him. Right when I heard those words I seemed to sense that Cassel was going to get another shot. Either he or Brady and since the Chiefs paid so much for Cassel I think it would be Matt.

I'd love it if he could resurrect his career and would love it more if he did it here. I just don't think fans have it in them to give him another shot. The FO thinking might be this year is a free pass for Matt. It will be his third coach. Reid gets a year before he's on the clock. Why not see if they can make something work while also finding a young QB and filling spots needed all over the roster.

I've listened to every single And Reid interview since he was hired and at NO point did he ever make it seem like Cassel received a short shot here.

You know what, resurrection means he had talent to begin with. He doesn't. He's a terrible quarterback that has no place here.

If you were going to keep Cassel, you might as well have just rode out Pioli and Crenell next year.

Why waste another year of the real talent we have on this roster with a garbage QB that can't take them anywhere?

kaplin42 01-22-2013 10:21 AM

Cassel is not fixable, he is fail when it comes to being a QB. If Reid doesn't get rid of him he will lose the fan base before the season even starts. If he is that willing to take a risk on a QB, then why not be smart about it, dump the current dumpster fire that is our QB stable and get 3 new ones. At least he would keep a good relationship going with the fans.

memyselfI 01-22-2013 01:27 PM

I am not saying it should happen but rather I could see the logic behind such a choice. And after listening to Reid it wouldn't surprise me.

FlaChief58 01-22-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9341634)
I am not saying it should happen but rather I could see the logic behind such a choice. And after listening to Reid it wouldn't surprise me.

It should surprise you. No way in hell does Reid put his legacy in KC on the line for Gus

King_Chief_Fan 01-22-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9341655)
It should surprise you. No way in hell does Reid put his legacy in KC on the line for Gus

I agree....what a crappy way to start a new tenure. Haley and Crennel were hand cuffed...surely Reid has better options.

memyselfI 01-22-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9341655)

But he wouldn't be. Everyone knows the first year of a new coach on the clock is not really his fault if they bomb and totally his doing if they succeed. Thus, if he truly feels Cassel did not get a fair shake before (which he said) then it would be of no risk to him to keep the devil he knows for a year while firming up the rest of the unknowns. And if it tanks he would be the 3rd coach who gave Cassel a shot to no avail. That's entirely on Cassel. If he succeeds he is a geneous (CSP) for rescuing a terrible situation and saving the Hunts, Cassel, and the team from an epic fail.

Low to no risk.

The OP asked for a realistic scenario. I'm just laying one out.

FlaChief58 01-22-2013 02:02 PM

Gus had 4 years to prove himself and did nothing but get worse. He's a 63 million dollar fraud who Reid will get rid of as soon as he can

R8RFAN 01-22-2013 03:05 PM

It's refreshing to see a little excitement around here.

BlackHelicopters 01-22-2013 03:10 PM

Munsoned. Casseled. Same thing.

memyselfI 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9340998)
I've listened to every single And Reid interview since he was hired and at NO point did he ever make it seem like Cassel received a short shot here.

You know what, resurrection means he had talent to begin with. He doesn't. He's a terrible quarterback that has no place here.

If you were going to keep Cassel, you might as well have just rode out ***** and Crenell next year.

Why waste another year of the real talent we have on this roster with a garbage QB that can't take them anywhere?

Yes he said something to that effect on Mike and Mike. He even called the qbs here fragile young men who needed coaching...something that they had not yet received. He specifically pointed out that Cassel had either many coaches or OCs (can't remember which) and that was part of his problem. That to me indicated he sees Matt Cassel as a possible project.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9342345)
Yes he said something to that effect on Mike and Mike. He even called the qbs here fragile young men who needed coaching...something that they had not yet received. He specifically pointed out that Cassel had either many coaches or OCs (can't remember which) and that was part of his problem. That to me indicated he sees Matt Cassel as a possible project.

Project? He's almost 31 you reerun.

They aren't doing shit with Cassel.

He's done here.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9341634)

If you can see the logic behind it please just punch yourself in the head 100 times, stop, and then do it again.