ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will the SOC fire up if no QB in the first? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270113)

tony77 02-18-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412760)
Eli Manning never played a snap in San Diego.

Try again.

But he was drafted by them and traded to ny because he was a crybaby so shut up.

tony77 02-18-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412760)
Eli Manning never played a snap in San Diego.

Try again.

Fact is he was their property and would of played for them if not for throwing a fit.

Lex Luthor 02-18-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9412739)
The **** he isn't a retread. He put on an Eagles uni right? That makes him a retread. We didn't draft him.

The history of the NFL is filled with retreads at the quarterback position who went on to win Super Bowls for their new teams.

It would obviously be total lunacy to say that Nick Foles even belongs in the same discussion as any of those guys. But to immediately dismiss him as a retread who has no chance of winning would be just as wrong as trying to compare him to guys like Favre, Young, Theismann, Warner, Plunkett, and Dawson.

I'm not taking issue with your position of wanting the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. I WANT the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. I think he's the best prospect out there, and I think it would be awesome for the Chiefs to start over with a highly regarded rookie quarterback. I guess what I'm taking issue with is the argument that retread quarterbacks have no value. They can have great value under the right circumstances, and that's why I'm not going to jump off a bridge if Andy Reid decides that Nick Foles is the guy he wants.

Rasputin 02-18-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9412777)
Fact is he was their property and would of played for them if not for throwing a fit.

Eli was never the property of the Chargers he never signed a contract with them. They had rights to sign him if he wanted too but they didn't want to risk him holding out for a year and re enter the draft the following year.

Rasputin 02-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9412790)
The history of the NFL is filled with retreads at the quarterback position who went on to win Super Bowls for their new teams.

It would obviously be total lunacy to say that Nick Foles even belongs in the same discussion as any of those guys. But to immediately dismiss him as a retread who has no chance of winning would be just as wrong as trying to compare him to guys like Favre, Young, Theismann, Warner, Plunkett, and Dawson.

I'm not taking issue with your position of wanting the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. I WANT the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. I think he's the best prospect out there, and I think it would be awesome for the Chiefs to start over with a highly regarded rookie quarterback. I guess what I'm taking issue with is the argument that retread quarterbacks have no value. They can have great value under the right circumstances, and that's why I'm not going to jump off a bridge if Andy Reid decides that Nick Foles is the guy he wants.

Well I see it as a cop out and pretty much doing the same thing that ***** did bringing Cassel here and we are just suppose to accept it and be happy. I'm not going be happy if they bring Foles to be our starter without drafting a QB with our first pick and I happen to like Geno Smith as the best of the crop.

Lex Luthor 02-18-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9412767)
But he was drafted by them and traded to ny because he was a crybaby so shut up.

Damn,Tony, you are looking like an idiot in this thread.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9412777)

That doesn't change the fact that he NEVER TOOK A SNAP in San Diego.

Do you even know what point you're trying to prove, moron?

mikey23545 02-18-2013 02:57 PM

Obviously a rookie QB who played a few games for another team is the exact same thing as a QB who came to the Chiefs when they're in they were in their mid to late thirties (Deberg, Montana, Kreig, etc)...

htismaqe 02-18-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9412790)

How many retread QBs have the Chiefs had in the last 30 years? And how many playoff games have they won with them?

By the way, on that list above, there's only TWO of them that played in the modern NFL era and Favre was actually traded to the Packers BEFORE the modern era of free agency.

The only QB that could even remotely be considered a "recent" example is Kurt Warner. Ironically, he won his 1st Super Bowl with the team that "drafted" him (he wasn't drafted, he was a free agent, but it was his first NFL team).

tony77 02-18-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9412795)
Eli was never the property of the Chargers he never signed a contract with them. They had rights to sign him if he wanted too but they didn't want to risk him holding out for a year and re enter the draft the following year.

Fact remains he would of signed a contract with them if not for whining. Thats what rookies do idiot. It was the draft. He was not going to sign a contract at the podium.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9412813)
Obviously a rookie QB who played a few games for another team is the exact same thing as a QB who came to the Chiefs when they're in they were in their mid to late thirties (Deberg, Montana, Kreig, etc)...

Actually, a rookie who played a few games for another team is WORSE.

You're acquiring him under the pretense that he's a "veteran" when in reality, he isn't.

He's no better than somebody you could find in this year's draft.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9412825)
Fact remains he would of signed a contract with them if not for whining. Thats what rookies do idiot. It was the draft. He was not going to sign a contract at the podium.

ROFL

Like this has ANYTHING TO DO with the actual argument.

J Diddy 02-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9412825)

He wouldn't have. His papa was quite clear on that.

Please tell me nobody has held out a year.

Rasputin 02-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9412813)

This is so ****ing ****ing stupid. Nick Foles was a third round pick so wtf is wrong with picking Geno Smith with the first pick? Why give up picks when we can save our picks and take the top rated QB of this class? It's ****ing dumb and Geno Smith is a bigger prsospect that has more upside than Nick Foles.

Rams Fan 02-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412822)
Ironically, he won his 1st Super Bowl with the team that "drafted" him (he wasn't drafted, he was a free agent, but it was his first NFL team).

And that would be inaccurate.

He was with the Packers before he was with the Rams.