ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Girl buys water, spends night in jail (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274202)

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9786376)
It was intentional.

I'm still not convinced that teedubya is being serious with his accusations, though. I think he's just being silly.

So it was intentional but, you asked me what was funny. I asked if you didn't see the irony and you said no. But it was intentional.

Now I'm just confused.

Dartgod 07-01-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786382)
So it was intentional but, you asked me what was funny. I asked if you didn't see the irony and you said no. But it was intentional.

Now I'm just confused.

Mission accomplished.

Donger 07-01-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786382)

Now I'm just confused.

Yes.

Donger 07-01-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9786384)
Mission accomplished.

LMAO

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 01:26 PM

I am fairly positive this is the first time I have been mind fucked by Donger. I am normally sitting back laughing as I watch him do it to others.

houstonwhodat 07-01-2013 01:31 PM

Good thing they weren't ninjas or they would have really been in deep shit.

Donger 07-01-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9786411)

Really?

underEJ 07-01-2013 02:04 PM

I had a cop speed up to me, a pedestrian on a side street, screech to a halt pointed at the corner where I stood, leap out of his car, grab my bag, dump it all over the hood of his car, find my ID, grab me and throw me onto the hood with all my stuff, repeatedly scream at me to tell him my name, pull my arm up behind my back, lean on me while he lifted my skirt up over my ass and did way more than "pat me down."

I was a 26 year old white woman, and I found out later he was looking for a 16 year old black girl who allegedly robbed a bank. I'll never cooperate with a cop ever for any reason. I have my ACLU phrases ready to be as law abiding as I can, but that will never happen to me again, or I'll be dead from resisting.

p.s. the universe agreed with me and that jackass is dead, killed in the line of duty.

Donger 07-01-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9786472)
I had a cop speed up to me, a pedestrian on a side street, screech to a halt pointed at the corner where I stood, leap out of his car, grab my bag, dump it all over the hood of his car, find my ID, grab me and throw me onto the hood with all my stuff, repeatedly scream at me to tell him my name, pull my arm up behind my back, lean on me while he lifted my skirt up over my ass and did way more than "pat me down."

I was a 26 year old white woman, and I found out later he was looking for a 16 year old black girl who allegedly robbed a bank. I'll never cooperate with a cop ever for any reason. I have my ACLU phrases ready to be as law abiding as I can, but that will never happen to me again, or I'll be dead from resisting.

p.s. the universe agreed with me and that jackass is dead, killed in the line of duty.

That's terrible. Sorry that you had to endure it. I hope that you pressed charges, or something?

Rain Man 07-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9786472)

Were you carrying water?

crazycoffey 07-01-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9786489)
Were you carrying water?

No but she has been living in a disability check since the age of 25.

underEJ 07-01-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9786489)
Were you carrying water?

Ha! In fact, yes I was. Who knew that was such a trigger.

Garcia Bronco 07-01-2013 03:02 PM

My dad was a police officer for 25 years in Virginia and that's just not how they handled things. Of course in his day, a man that could die for his country could buy a beer.

crossbow 07-01-2013 03:30 PM

This is clearly the Bush Administration's fault.

underEJ 07-01-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9786486)
That's terrible. Sorry that you had to endure it. I hope that you pressed charges, or something?

I did press charges, but he died very soon after that so it never went past the initial investigation. I saw his funeral on tv with the heroic montage of images and wanted to scream to everyone what he really was (my complaint was the third on his record, problem with the system for sure,) but then I saw his wife and kids and dropped the complaint because the department meant to take his death benefit from her. I don't know if the other two complaints were dropped or if he essentially screwed his own family over too.

I look at it as a huge learning experience and I frequently help people know how to handle LEO interactions as legally as possible without giving up our rights. I made mistakes in that encounter. The extreme nature of the ordeal is definitely unusual in my case, but the basic transaction is pretty similar to what other people not accustomed to being suspected of something will face. And quite frankly, I totally failed from the first moment, and they count on that. When he first got out of his car and said "give me your bag," I should have replied that "I do not consent to any search of my person or belongings." Then if he took it anyway and searched it, he would have violated my civil rights. Depending on the circumstance, I would have at least had to bear a cursory resemblance to the description of the suspect being sought to qualify for reasonable suspicion, but courts have ruled that not expressly stating your refusal of consent is equivalent to consent so I effectively consented.

I made other mistakes too, answering things I needn't have, questions designed to get me to give up other rights without knowing it, but I'd already screwed up from the first moment. If I had not made the first mistake, we'd maybe never gotten away from the sidewalk to the hood of the car where it all went bad. We just live in a world now where it isn't enough to be innocent. You have to be innocent and savvy at the same time. Now I am.