ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I won my secret internal battle. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274420)

bogey 07-15-2013 11:19 AM

And again, I've gotten laid twice in 6 days!!

seclark 07-15-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9813466)
And again, I've gotten laid twice in 6 days!!

yeah, yeah...we heard you the first time, ya bragger.
hang in there, bogey.
sec

bogey 07-15-2013 05:48 PM

bumping this up in case any other fellows want to chime in.

Al Bundy 07-15-2013 05:49 PM

Stay clean.. stay sober.

King_Chief_Fan 07-15-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey (Post 9814058)
bumping this up in case any other fellows want to chime in.

Pulling for you

Saccopoo 07-15-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9803635)
How are you cleansing?

I'm on a cleanse as well.

Went cold turkey on the alcohol, caffeine, meats, dairy, sugars and processed foods approximately four months ago.

Got really sick, nearly incapacitated myself and decided that it was time to do the whole body cleanse. Was drinking a lot and dumping a lot of energy drinks into the system the morning after in an attempt to do a quick recovery. Was starting to feel like shit all the time. Used to work out all the time and realized I hadn't been to the gym in nearly three years. Watched a bunch of food documentaries (Supersize Me, Food Inc., Forks Over Knives, etc.) when I was sick as hell laying on the couch and decided to do the whole enchilada right then and there.

Went from 225 to 175 in three and a half months.

And while cutting out the energy drinks and booze saved a lot of money, it's amazing how much you save at the grocery store when you don't have any meats, dairy and junk food in the basket.

Feel great and haven't had a single craving for anything other than rootbeer. God I love rootbeer.

It's nice to see how many people on this board were able to get off the booze. Horrible stuff, especially when you can't control the consumption of it.

MOhillbilly 07-15-2013 07:56 PM

I've never had a want to be completely sober.

Phobia 07-15-2013 08:05 PM

I've been sucking at my little plan to reduce my consumption at softball. In fact, I've bought a 30 pack of beer the last two times I went to the park. Obviously, the easiest way not to binge drink is to not fork out the money for it. So my new plan is to simply not buy it and not bring more than a few bucks for a couple brews and gatorades. I know I'm not an alcoholic because I don't really feel any desire to drink heavily outside of the ballpark so I'm just addressing that aspect of my life... and doing it poorly so far.

KcMizzou 07-15-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9814255)

Neither have I. I always think, "except this or that" In the end, I find a reason to drink most any night. I take care of everything... get the important shit done. I show up and do well at my job. So, I'm "functional". The fact is, I just get BORED.

But recently I've been thinking about my age, and if this continues... odds are I'm gonna die pretty young. So, yeah.. I need to make a change.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-15-2013 08:37 PM

Glad to hear things are well Bogey. Keep up the good fight!

houstonwhodat 07-15-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9814117)
I'm on a cleanse as well.

Went cold turkey on the alcohol, caffeine, meats, dairy, sugars and processed foods approximately four months ago.

Got really sick, nearly incapacitated myself and decided that it was time to do the whole body cleanse. Was drinking a lot and dumping a lot of energy drinks into the system the morning after in an attempt to do a quick recovery. Was starting to feel like shit all the time. Used to work out all the time and realized I hadn't been to the gym in nearly three years. Watched a bunch of food documentaries (Supersize Me, Food Inc., Forks Over Knives, etc.) when I was sick as hell laying on the couch and decided to do the whole enchilada right then and there.

Went from 225 to 175 in three and a half months.

And while cutting out the energy drinks and booze saved a lot of money, it's amazing how much you save at the grocery store when you don't have any meats, dairy and junk food in the basket.

Feel great and haven't had a single craving for anything other than rootbeer. God I love rootbeer.

It's nice to see how many people on this board were able to get off the booze. Horrible stuff, especially when you can't control the consumption of it.

How can you not have meats or dairy?

No milk, no cheese, no hamburger no steak?

What do you eat for protein?

houstonwhodat 07-15-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9811052)
The WORST thing you can do is think you've won.
You haven't won shit Yet so don't go back patting yourself.
Your opponent is stronger and smarter than you think.
Be strong. Dont forget about the damage it does and will do.
For her, for yourself
Goodluck.

When you say you haven't had a drink "yet".

Yet means "you're eligible too"

You can always fall off that wagon.

Saccopoo 07-15-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9814439)
How can you not have meats or dairy?

No milk, no cheese, no hamburger no steak?

What do you eat for protein?

It's called a vegan diet. A lot of people do it.

The human body requires approximately .36 grams of protein per pound that an individual weights; e.g., a 180 lbs. man would require approximately 73.8 grams of protein daily. One bagel has 10 grams of protein. 2 Tbl. of almonds is 7 grams. One cup of broccoli has 4 grams of protein. It adds up rather quickly.

Quinoa, mushrooms, legumes, nuts are all quite high in proteins. It's really pretty easy to go way over your required protein numbers even on a strict vegan diet.

The whole "you need to eat a shit ton of meat and drink milk" to survive is a little overblown. (Probably propagated by the cattle/dairy industry.) And dairy is really kind of disgusting. I mean, that shit is meant for a baby cow, not humans. And all mammals wean off of their mothers milk early in life. It's a very rich and nutrient dense food source meant to spur rapid growth in infants/adolescents. Once a body gets to a certain stage, that level of nutrients aren't required. However, we humans have decided to take baby cow juice and keep on sucking it down.

It's really no different than drinking milk from a lactating dog. Just animal milk, and a cow is pretty docile and weighs a lot/puts out a lot of milk, which is why we decided on cow milk versus dog milk.

I'd recommend watching the documentary "Forks Over Knives." Pretty interesting commentary on the consumption of dairy products in particular. My favorite comment in the movie came from the Health Director of the city of Chicago, who advocates a whole food, vegetarian diet: "If it's got eyes, arms, legs, a mom and a dad, don't eat it." (Mollusk such as clams, oysters, mussels and the like would be okay I guess as they don't have brains and reproduce by mass fertilization.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n1LUj3kxB9M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And remember:

http://img.wax.fm/releases/373240/sm...er-272775.jpeg

bogey 07-16-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9814255)

Ha! Me neither, until now. But I'm an old **** and it finally started catching up with me. You have many years of self inflicted abuse before you catch up with me. ;)

bogey 07-16-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9814269)
I've been sucking at my little plan to reduce my consumption at softball. In fact, I've bought a 30 pack of beer the last two times I went to the park. Obviously, the easiest way not to binge drink is to not fork out the money for it. So my new plan is to simply not buy it and not bring more than a few bucks for a couple brews and gatorades. I know I'm not an alcoholic because I don't really feel any desire to drink heavily outside of the ballpark so I'm just addressing that aspect of my life... and doing it poorly so far.

To be honest, my softball skills are no better sober than they were drunk. I'm just good enough to not make a fool out of myself. I do love playing the game though.