ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fantasy Football Who's your guy in the 4th quarter when losing to an above .500 team: Alex or Aa (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274505)

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9809264)
Pisses me off that the link died... I wanted to look at the strength of victory thing that headed the article.

Link didn't die. It was missing the colon after HTTP.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...chedule/18941/

Hammock Parties 07-13-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9809263)
Hard not to have great "efficiency" numbers when you don't throw as often, or don't throw downfield anywhere near as often.

17 completions of 20 yards or better in 2011.

Cassel had 14 in 2010, so at least we're getting an upgrade.

Hammock Parties 07-13-2013 03:27 PM

Cassel had 18 in 2009. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9809272)
17 completions of 20 yards or better in 2011.

Cassel had 14 in 2010, so at least we're getting an upgrade.

Air Coryell, here we come.

splatbass 07-13-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9809149)
Where am I wishing that Alex Smith sucks? Where am I wishing the team the worst? Saying they are going to be mediocre and wishing they are going to be mediocre are two different things.

I don't hate the team. That's the ****ing problem. I love the organization. I've lived and dies with them since I was 8 years old. I'm now 40.

Yeah, and I'm 51 and have been a Chiefs fan since before you were born. So? The point is that you expect the worst. You wallow in your misery, and can't let yourself be happy about anything concerning the Chiefs. Last season everyone here wanted the entire front office and coaching staff fired and an offensive minded HC that ran an aggressive offense hired. They also wanted the turnover machines that were Cassel and Quinn gone. YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BITCH.

You will never be satisfied with anything the Chiefs do. You enjoy the hate too much.

O.city 07-13-2013 04:00 PM

How dare he expect the worse. The worse never ever happens to the chiefs right?

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9809323)
Yeah, and I'm 51 and have been a Chiefs fan since before you were born. So? The point is that you expect the worst. You wallow in your misery, and can't let yourself be happy about anything concerning the Chiefs. Last season everyone here wanted the entire front office and coaching staff fired and an offensive minded HC that ran an aggressive offense hired. They also wanted the turnover machines that were Cassel and Quinn gone. YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BITCH.

You will never be satisfied with anything the Chiefs do. You enjoy the hate too much.

Sigh. Dimestore psychologist, arguing the poster and not his posts.

If I expected the worst, I'd be predicting another 2-14 debacle.

There's no doubt in my mind this team will be mediocre, and just mediocre enough to satiate the fanbase - who are more interested in their tailgates not being ruined than seeing an organization take the risks necessary to be great.

Sorry that I'm not satisfied with mediocre, or being "mildly competent", as one writer put it.

Hammock Parties 07-13-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9809323)
The point is that you expect the worst.

Expecting Alex Smith to play like Alex Smith is expecting the worst?

I'd say that's expecting reality.

I expect one completion of 20 yards or better every week this season.

It'll be a hoot!

Hammock Parties 07-13-2013 04:02 PM

Expecting the worst would be expecting Alex Smith to break something, and Chase Daniels to be our starting QB.

Talk about a nightmare.

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic here. I'm thinking Alex can stay healthy this year.

DeezNutz 07-13-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9809335)
I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic here. I'm thinking Alex can stay healthy this year.

Why would you possibly expect this? It's not his history.

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9809334)
Expecting Alex Smith to play like Alex Smith is expecting the worst?

I'd say that's expecting reality.

I expect one completion of 20 yards or better every week this season.

It'll be a hoot!

Expecting Alex Smith to be Alex Smith is frowned upon in this establishment.

Expecting him to be something he's never been is the only acceptable option to some.

But to those folks, just winning 6-10 games in the regular season is a victory.

splatbass 07-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9809333)
Sigh. Dimestore psychologist, arguing the poster and not his posts.

If I expected the worst, I'd be predicting another 2-14 debacle.

There's no doubt in my mind this team will be mediocre, and just mediocre enough to satiate the fanbase - who are more interested in their tailgates not being ruined than seeing an organization take the risks necessary to be great.

Sorry that I'm not satisfied with mediocre, or being "mildly competent", as one writer put it.

The fact that you "have no doubt" in no way makes it true. And you have to walk before you can run. Mediocre would be a good first year coming off a 2-14 season. But you will continue to have unrealistic expectations so that you can continue with your hate.

Discuss Thrower 07-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9809335)
Expecting the worst would be expecting Alex Smith to break something, and Chase Daniels to be our starting QB.

Talk about a nightmare.

I still don't understand signing Daniel.

Hammock Parties 07-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9809336)
Why would you possibly expect this? It's not his history.

I'm a homer. Everybody knows it.

DeezNutz 07-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9809338)
The fact that you "have no doubt" in no way makes it true. And you have to walk before you can run. Mediocre would be a good first year coming off a 2-14 season. But you will continue to have unrealistic expectations so that you can continue with your hate.

The organization agrees with you, which is why 8-8 is the threshold for the 49ers to get our second-round pick.