ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****OFFICIAL DENVER'S DEFENSE IS HORRIBLE THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277100)

MileHighFish 10-07-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10059146)
I hadn't really looked at Denver's schedule. After Jax, they've got some tough games coming up. Peyton will play his ass off @ Indy, but that will be a game for sure.

For sure. I think Manning gets pulled in the second half (4th quarter) against Jax in preparation for Indy. That's why I would take Jax and the points if I was a betting man.

KC's remaining schedule also has some interesting matchups looming. Hoping things set up for a battle of unbeatens in Denver 11/17! Just like the good old days!:D

Contrarian 10-07-2013 10:23 AM

How does our offense suck? I thought we played quite good against a good Titans defense considering. Plus We did have the rushing leader of the weekend at 108 yards. You know what doubters? Suck a big dick!

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 10059220)
How does our offense suck? I thought we played quite good against a good Titans defense considering. Plus We did have the rushing leader of the weekend at 108 yards. You know what doubters? Suck a big dick!

The offense doesn't pass any eye test IMO. It's 45 minutes of wheel spinning and marginal gains and then 15 minutes of fluke luck on top of good execution.

mr. tegu 10-07-2013 10:30 AM

Well we did lose McGrath relatively early in the game. He probably would have been a big help in the red zone.

mcaj22 10-07-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10059230)
The offense doesn't pass any eye test IMO. It's 45 minutes of wheel spinning and marginal gains and then 15 minutes of fluke luck on top of good execution.

the Titans might be the best defense we face all year

how does holding your own against a top 10 defense not pass the eye test? Titans have a shut down defense.

Strongside 10-07-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10059249)

I think it's between them and Houston.

Halfcan 10-07-2013 10:33 AM

Denvers shitty d will get a break this week playing the worse team in the NFL. That should pad their numbers on both sides of the ball.

jspchief 10-07-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

6 points in 3 1/2 qtrs.

MileHighFish 10-07-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10059254)
Denvers shitty d will get a break this week playing the worse team in the NFL. That should pad their numbers on both sides of the ball.

The numbers only really matter to posters on message boards. Gives us ammunition to say why our team is the best and yours sucks!;)

Discuss Thrower 10-07-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10059249)

how does holding your own against a top 10 defense not pass the eye test? Titans have a shut down defense.

Because it was similar to the efforts if the previous 4 contests.

Also, the interceptions Alex should've had but were miraculously dropped are getting caught now. What good is a defensive effort if your QB throws just as many INTs as TDs?

Mother****erJones 10-07-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10059253)
I think it's between them and Houston.

Cleveland has a good defense

Anyong Bluth 10-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10059230)

All you need to know is this:

44% of our total points scored for the year have come from Special Teams & Defense.

That's not sustainable to keep winning. The offense simply has done okay in moving the ball at times, but those have to result in finishing them with finding the end zone.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10059990)
All you need to know is this:

44% of our total points scored for the year have come from Special Teams & Defense.

That's not sustainable to keep winning. The offense simply has done okay in moving the ball at times, but those have to result in finishing them with finding the end zone.

Chicago did go to a Super Bowl by doing just that:) ....BUT our offense has so much more potential. Hell, Charles hasn't even busted one loose and Bowe hasn't really gotten involved yet. We won't be close to records like in Pile High, but we won't need to with a FAR superior talented defense.Scoring around 26 a game is doable.

Anyong Bluth 10-07-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10060662)
Chicago did go to a Super Bowl by doing just that:) ....BUT our offense has so much more potential. Hell, Charles hasn't even busted one loose and Bowe hasn't really gotten involved yet. We won't be close to records like in Pile High, but we won't need to with a FAR superior talented defense.Scoring around 26 a game is doable.

Not disagreeing. New QB and everyone is learning a new offense. Practice time under the new CBA slows that down even more.
I'm totally of the position that this offense will improve, and let's not forget that our QB's favorite weapon has been played with 2 guys we literally signed off the street after the top 3 TEs going into the season went down 1- 2- 3- like Dominos.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2013 11:34 PM

Ban knowmo