ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request My New Years Resolution - I'm going to quit smoking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279920)

rydogg58 11-04-2022 03:48 PM

It will be 8 months exactly tomorrow morning. Smoked for over 31 years. Some days the struggle is worse than others. I know 8 months is a good start, but I wish I would have quit long ago.

Pablo 11-04-2022 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 16576770)
Who knew eDave was so impulsive?

lol nice

TLO 11-04-2022 03:56 PM

**** me.

TLO 11-04-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 16576687)
Bumping an old ass post here, but it will be 9 years for me on news years this year. Still haven't looked back, I hate the smell of them now. It's to the point I've almost forgotten I even smoked to begin with. This thread helped a bit with being accountable to myself and others. Anyone else from here still at it or has anyone gone back to smoking?

I've failed.
Nicotine withdrawals are terrible. I'm coming up on smoking for 10 years.. ****

FlaChief58 11-04-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 16576687)
Bumping an old ass post here, but it will be 9 years for me on news years this year. Still haven't looked back, I hate the smell of them now. It's to the point I've almost forgotten I even smoked to begin with. This thread helped a bit with being accountable to myself and others. Anyone else from here still at it or has anyone gone back to smoking?

April 20th will be 5 years for me. I still get the occasional craving for one, but it passes quickly. After 40 years of smoking, I refuse to let myself have a moment of weakness since quitting was the hardest thing I've ever done. I realize now that I'll always be an addict, much like drug/alcohol addicts, so anytime I get the urge to smoke, I remind myself how miserable I was when I did.

When my grandpa quit smoking, he would put the money he would have spent on cigarettes into a piggy bank every day as a reminder. I started doing the same thing, and deposit the money every year on my anniversary date. That comes out to $2400 a year which is what they cost be back then. Last time I looked, my brand has gone up from $4.50 to $7.29 since I quit

crayzkirk 11-04-2022 04:11 PM

If you are struggling, check out the author Allen Carr. His method has a high success rate and is based on sound science. I quit in 1992. Enjoy the withdrawal symptoms, they are simply a sign that you are free from being a slave. The urge to smoke will go away whether you light up or not. Don't try not to think about smoking, embrace the thoughts, study them and realize you don't need it.

It's easy; we only make it hard so we will give into the cravings. It's a terrible addiction and a nasty habit.

jd1020 11-04-2022 04:12 PM

Does it count if you quit after the very first one you tried about 20 years ago?

Fish 11-04-2022 04:13 PM

When I quit smoking, I was buying Camel Turkish Gold for $3.15/pack. Noticed at the gas station the other day the same thing is now over $9. Really surprised it hasn't priced more people out of the habit.

Many smokers I know have switched from their regular Camel/Marlboro to cheap off brands that smell like burning pennies. So gross...