ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football San Fran Station Saying Fire HC/QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280837)

Baby Lee 01-25-2014 05:12 PM

I didn't get the sense that anyone underperformed in the Hawks 9ers game. It was more that so many players so good at so many different things that something had to break.

Colin might have been what broke with the INTs, but it was overperformance by others, some Herculean more than him choking. Those a clearly and without question to two best teams in the NFL, but it had to end for someone.

GoChargers 01-25-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 10388925)
The other 10% are whinny little bitches and trolls.

So in other words, people who act like Jim Harbaugh?

Mav 01-25-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10392647)
They got the same or better results from a second and third year player that they got from smith. What does this say about smith?

What do they say about smith?

Smith did more, with less this year than Kap, despite Kap throwing for over 400 yards in week one.

After that, they had to severely scale back the offense because defenses figured him out.

Maybe both Alex Smith, and Kap are just average qbs.

But, I have seen improvement for 4 straight years with Alex Smith. All I saw was regression this year with Kaepernick.

Kap has the legs, and the cannon.

What he lacks is the awareness, accuracy, touch, and natural leadership that Alex Smith has.

I didn't think this was about Alex though. I thought this was a time I could bag on tattoo boy without having to defend Alex.

O.city 01-25-2014 07:17 PM

Kaep can't yet play qb consistently from the pocket, very well at all. Add to that he wants 18 mil per year?

Yikes.

Mav 01-25-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10393313)
Kaep can't yet play qb consistently from the pocket, very well at all. Add to that he wants 18 mil per year?

Yikes.

It will be VERY interesting to see how Harbaugh plays this. I think his reputation is on the line with this.

His contract needs renegotiating too.

O.city 01-25-2014 07:20 PM

18 mil for Kap hamstrings that team, allowing other players to walk. Kap isn't good enough to lose surrounding talent yet

Mav 01-26-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10393317)
18 mil for Kap hamstrings that team, allowing other players to walk. Kap isn't good enough to lose surrounding talent yet

Shrugs. I don't think they are going to have a choice really. I do think they are going to let him play out his contract. It will be interesting not only with Kaep, but Aldon Smith is due as well.

They have Corey Lemonier who I think has the potential, and Ahmad Brooks is still in his prime.

They will have a very different defense in two years. No Justin Smith, no Rogers, no Tarrell Brown, no Whitner.

Going to be very interesting.

Mr. Laz 01-26-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10394396)
Shrugs. I don't think they are going to have a choice really. I do think they are going to let him play out his contract.

Don't have much choice, do they?

Isn't there a rule now that says the rookie contract can't be changed and/or the player can't hold out.

Ragged Robin 01-26-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10393180)
I didn't get the sense that anyone underperformed in the Hawks 9ers game. It was more that so many players so good at so many different things that something had to break.

Colin might have been what broke with the INTs, but it was overperformance by others, some Herculean more than him choking. Those a clearly and without question to two best teams in the NFL, but it had to end for someone.

Three turnovers in a row to end the game. You can't possibly choke harder than that.

BossChief 01-26-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10393317)

Agreed.

If he is demanding that much, I'd draft a new quarterback and let the open competition begin.

Mav 01-26-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10394401)
[/B]
Don't have much choice, do they?

Isn't there a rule now that says the rookie contract can't be changed and/or the player can't hold out.

He can redo his contract this summer.

Everyone picked in the first two rounds IIRC can this offseason.

Mav 01-26-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10394462)
Agreed.

If he is demanding that much, I'd draft a new quarterback and let the open competition begin.

I could see them drafting Zack Mettenberger in round one.

ThaVirus 01-26-2014 04:23 PM

My friend just texted me:

"I just passed a guy wearing an Alex smith niners jersey haha they miss him"

Kaepernick 01-26-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 10384862)
Think the Niners still trade Smith if they had it to do all over again ?

Yes, with extreme prejudice. Harbaugh could not get Colin in the lineup fast enough for his linking. He has his franchise QB with elite potential.

Kaepernick 01-26-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10384836)
The forward-thinking among 49ers fans might be starting to see what the rest of us see: Kaepernick is a liability in the postseason.

I heard this many years about Steve Young. "Can't win the big one".

Ditto for John Elway.

Who else did they say that about? Oh yeah, that Peyton Manning guy who is playing the Seahawks next weekend. He went one and done in his first three post season trips.

Meanwhile, Kaepernick is 1-1 in the NFC Championship game in his first 2 postseasons, and within 5 yards of winning the super bowl after bringing his team back from a 22 point deficit.

He isn't going anywhere. I'm thrilled that he will be the 49ers starting quarterback for 10 years to come.

Stay tuned...