ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283127)

jd1020 04-26-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 10587296)
Thanks for playing but you're reaching on quite a few.

Your opinion of Smith is warped if you would say this...

Quote:

8) Cam Newton - nope.

RealSNR 04-26-2014 05:18 PM

See, this is why people want DraftPlanet as a haven away from dumb****s who would rather have Alex Smith than Cam Newton.

jjchieffan 04-26-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10587318)
I'm not saying they're world beaters. I think Dalton is a pos like Smith but he doesn't play with a vagina between his legs so I'd regretfully pick him before Smith if I had to pick between the 2.

I think you're confusing him with Casshole. And using his adjustment time to define him. Post bye he was anything but a pussy.

milkman 04-26-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10587318)
I'm not saying they're world beaters. I think Dalton is a pos like Smith but he doesn't play with a vagina between his legs so I'd regretfully pick him before Smith if I had to pick between the 2.

Guy that has the weapons he has to play with that shrinks in big games like he does.

No thanks.

OnTheWarpath15 04-26-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10587342)
See, this is why people want DraftPlanet as a haven away from dumb****s who would rather have Alex Smith than Cam Newton.

LMAO

jjchieffan 04-26-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10587334)
Your opinion of Smith is warped if you would say this...

Nah. I just never have liked Newton because he is a run first QB. Isn't he the leading rusher on the team? And he takes too many sacks. Over 40 last year I believe. I said nope because I think he will get a career ending injury due to this play then where are you?

Chiefnj2 04-26-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10587342)

Yep, the DraftPlanet is a bastion of football genious. Smart folk who swore Sanchez, Clausen and Smith were all worthy of the #1 pick in the draft and certain to be elite QBs. Huzzah to the mental giants of the draft board and their high QB intellect.

Coochie liquor 04-26-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10587361)
Guy that has the weapons he has to play with that shrinks in big games like he does.

No thanks.

Exactly. Put Smith in Dalton's shoes ad he wins a playoff game or more. Dalton wouldn't do as well as Smith with our offense. IMO.

crazycoffey 04-26-2014 11:15 PM

In the fourth? Sure

OldSchool 04-26-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10587888)
Exactly. Put Smith in Dalton's shoes ad he wins a playoff game or more. Dalton wouldn't do as well as Smith with our offense. IMO.

Smith would wreck with that offense. He's never had weapons like that to work with.

Green
Jones
Sanu
Gresham
Eifert

That coupled with their solid OL and you're looking at one of the consistently best offenses in the league putting up 30+ points a game. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about having a mental midget like Dalton in the playoffs or in any big games. Smith would absolutely tear it up.

If I were the Bengals and the Chiefs were dumb enough to make the trade, I would trade Dalton for Smith if I wanted to win a championship in the 2014-15 season.

10 points in a playoff game against the Chargers defense, at home? That's a freaken joke.

Baby Lee 04-26-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10587087)
In a ****ing heart beat.

Doubling down on stupid with the chokingest QB in the league no less.

RealSNR 04-27-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10587440)
Yep, the DraftPlanet is a bastion of football genious. Smart folk who swore Sanchez, Clausen and Smith were all worthy of the #1 pick in the draft and certain to be elite QBs. Huzzah to the mental giants of the draft board and their high QB intellect.

And the main Lounge is a bastion of grounded, focused, and brilliant football commentary, where our favorite football team can be ****ing around with Matt Cassel as the starting QB for 4 years, and when anybody dares hope for something better, ****sharts like you go, "Yeah, but what if BUSTZ?????"

Meanwhile, Matt Cassel just threw another game-losing interception on a ****ing bubble screen against a division rival.

BigCatDaddy 04-27-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10588176)
And the main Lounge is a bastion of grounded, focused, and brilliant football commentary, where our favorite football team can be ****ing around with Matt Cassel as the starting QB for 4 years, and when anybody dares hope for something better, ****sharts like you go, "Yeah, but what if BUSTZ?????"

Meanwhile, Matt Cassel just threw another game-losing interception on a ****ing bubble screen against a division rival.

Sad, funny and true all at the same time.

It really just boils down to a majority of the people in the midwest being risk adverse. Given the choice of

A. Knowing you have a middle of the pack type QB already on the team

or

B. Risking a pick on a QB that could be a top 5 QB someday or could be a back up in 3 years

Most Chiefs fans go with A every time. I don't recall which radio personality I heard say it last week, but he nailed it when he was talking about a recent poll that showed a majority of Chief fans prefered Alex over Manziel and/or Bridgewater. He said "Chief fans don't want to dare to be great".

Baby Lee 04-27-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10588176)

With the exception of Newton and Luck, neither of were ever getting near our draft position, they largely were in the Cassel era.

Alex is a much different situation, he's working out well AND not a lot of potential in that draft.

jjchieffan 04-27-2014 08:52 AM

How about option C? Knowing we have better than average QB and spend the pick on a QB that could be great or a backup. That way if the young QB fails to be that franchise QB, you haven't set your team back in the process. The better than average QB keeps his job and you draft another QB that hopefully will be the franchise QB we all covet. Face it. Franchise quarterbacks are a very rare commodity. You have to keep trying to draft one, but Smith is not a QB you just discard. Until you know you have that guy, Smith will keep the team winning. Casshole? Now that's a bottom half QB that you can discard.