ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Food everyone else loves, but you think is overrated (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284368)

Easy 6 06-14-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10691668)
Prime rib...

Whoa, you gotta be kidding me... prime rib with a little dab of horseradish is pure paradise.

Try making one at home... the juice at the bottom of the pan is un-freaking-real, its the beefiest, richest tasting thing ever.

Use it as a dip, a thin gravy, whatever... prime rib rules.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2014 09:54 PM

Steak IS overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but there are so many more satisfying things to eat.

A lot of beef dishes are pretty meh to me. Meatloaf? Never eat it. My family has a tradition of making a big roast, cooked with carrots, onions and potatoes, for gatherings and though it's fine to eat, I find myself not caring about it one bit.

Also, as a big milkshake fan, I hate to admit this, but they are overrated. I'd rather eat the ice cream.

BigMeatballDave 06-14-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10691997)
Steak IS overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but there are so many more satisfying things to eat.

A lot of beef dishes are pretty meh to me. Meatloaf? Never eat it. My family has a tradition of making a big roast, cooked with carrots, onions and potatoes, for gatherings and though it's fine to eat, I find myself not caring about it one bit.

Also, as a big milkshake fan, I hate to admit this, but they are overrated. I'd rather eat the ice cream.

The only thing better than a grilled steak is smoked brisket.

I prefer frozen custard over ice cream.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10692009)
The only thing better than a grilled steak is smoked brisket.

Very narrow, ignorant palate.

BigMeatballDave 06-14-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10692010)
Very narrow, ignorant palate.

LOL

I'm sure you have an extensive palate.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10692014)
LOL

I'm sure you have an extensive palate.

I do, thanks. Since I grew up in the UK I was exposed to international cuisine at an early age. I have very broad tastes in food, and almost never frequent chain restaurants. You could call me a foodie.

Steak is good but it's nothing special. I'd rather get some Greek or Indian for dinner most nights.

BigMeatballDave 06-14-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10692022)
I do, thanks. Since I grew up in the UK I was exposed to international cuisine at an early age. I have very broad tastes in food, and almost never frequent chain restaurants. You could call me a foodie.

Steak is good but it's nothing special. I'd rather get some Greek or Indian for dinner most nights.

I love a good Gyro.

aturnis 06-14-2014 10:28 PM

Happy Joe's pizza is overrated as ****...

BigMeatballDave 06-14-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10692030)
Happy Joe's pizza is overrated as ****...

Never heard of them.

aturnis 06-14-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anustart (Post 10691735)
Steak. Just a big slab of meat that doesn't taste all that good.

You are absolutely wrong Anus Tart. There are few things better than a well prepared steak.

ptlyon 06-14-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10692034)
Never heard of them.

It's an Iowa thing

aturnis 06-14-2014 10:34 PM

Is a terrible Midwest thing...

Canofbier 06-14-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10691974)
And it's In-N-Out as biggest over-hyped crap food EVER. Their burgers are mediocre and I make better ones at home. And I wouldn't eat their fries if they gave them to me for free.

Thank god somebody else agrees with me. The only reason "animal style" seems special to anybody on the west coast is because there is a dearth of restaurants willing to kill you with their food in that area. You can get way, way tastier than that when it comes to burgers, and you don't have to look hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10692022)

Referencing English heritage isn't exactly a surefire way to reinforce your culinary pedigree. As far as I know, the UK is known for good comedy and writing, but shit food.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10692038)
Referencing English heritage isn't exactly a surefire way to reinforce your culinary pedigree. As far as I know, the UK is known for good comedy and writing, but shit food.

You're showing how ignorant you are once again. England is a melting pot of international cuisine. I wasn't referring to English food at all.

I have no English heritage at all, by the way. My parents are Americans and world travelers.

Canofbier 06-14-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10692040)
You're showing how ignorant you are once again.

Again? Show me the first part where I expressed a serious ultimatum on food in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10692040)
England is a melting pot of international cuisine. I wasn't referring to English food at all.

I'm certainly willing to be educated, given my relative lack of travel experience. What does the UK offer than cannot be found in a better state in the US, when it comes to food?