ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MADDEN 15 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285335)

Mr. Flopnuts 08-27-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10853250)
What makes you say the last part? I'm thinking about getting it, but don't want to be fleeced into getting some retread crap like the Chiefs always seem to do :D

It's more involved. Even kicking has been changed and for the better. It seems more fluid, and realistic to me. This is definitely not the same old madden that drove me away from it. As soon as I log a few more games into it I'll come back with a better analysis.

ragedogg69 08-27-2014 01:31 PM

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 08-27-2014 01:35 PM

ROFL

Bowser 08-27-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10853737)
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trade for that guard/tackle. Naow.

The Franchise 08-27-2014 01:47 PM

Even if you remove the bullshit glitch.....look at that crappy o-line play? The RT never initiates contact....just glides with the DE the whole time. **** you EA.

ThaVirus 08-27-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10853810)
Even if you remove the bullshit glitch.....look at that crappy o-line play? The RT never initiates contact....just glides with the DE the whole time. **** you EA.

I haven't played the game and you may be right, but that happens sometimes. Some speed rushers are able to get around the tackle before he can engage, particularly when the QB takes such a deep drop. If the player had stepped up into the pocket, he likely could have avoided the sack.

And watch the other members of the line. You've got the RG 1 on 1 with one of the DTs who gives him a nasty ass swim move. The other DT puts up a lethal spin but gets doubled by the C and LG. The LT goes straight for the cut block...

That doesn't look too bad to me, actually.

The Franchise 08-27-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10853820)
I haven't played the game and you may be right, but that happens sometimes. Some speed rushers are able to get around the tackle before he can engage, particularly when the QB takes such a deep drop. If the player had stepped up into the pocket, he likely could have avoided the sack.

And watch the other members of the line. You've got the RG 1 on 1 with one of the DTs who gives him a nasty ass swim move. The other DT puts up a lethal spin but gets doubled by the C and LG. The LT goes straight for the cut block...

That doesn't look too bad to me, actually.

When have you EVER seen the RT stay in his stance....follow the DE as he goes around him? This is reminiscent of the days when all you had to do was take the DE....move him one spot to the right and rush right past the RT who did nothing.

ThaVirus 08-27-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10853827)
When have you EVER seen the RT stay in his stance....follow the DE as he goes around him? This is reminiscent of the days when all you had to do was take the DE....move him one spot to the right and rush right past the RT who did nothing.

If you're looking for a perfect game I don't think you'll ever find it. There are bad plays by offensive linemen sometimes. That's pretty realistic.

I can't lambast a game for one play. If I see that this happens often then I'd be inclined to agree with you.

The Franchise 08-27-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10853850)
If you're looking for a perfect game I don't think you'll ever find it. There are bad plays by offensive linemen sometimes. That's pretty realistic.

I can't lambast a game for one play. If I see that this happens often then I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Bad plays? Sure. But the guy doesn't lunge....doesn't try to get an arm on him....nothing. And I'm assuming that's Robison.....who really isn't a speed rusher type of DE. It's horrible ****ing programming by EA.

ThaVirus 08-27-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10853860)
Bad plays? Sure. But the guy doesn't lunge....doesn't try to get an arm on him....nothing. And I'm assuming that's Robison.....who really isn't a speed rusher type of DE. It's horrible ****ing programming by EA.

I'm not going to go on a defense crusade for Madden. Like I said, you may be right. I wouldn't think that type of shit is realistic either if I didn't hone in on watching Eric Fisher on Sundays.

Watching the play again, I think the worst part is the LG sliding over to help on the LDT. It doesn't seem fluid or realistic at all.

GoShox 08-27-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10853121)
I'm no pro anymore but they made Madden for my generation. I was 11-12 when the first one came out. I bought it every year for 2 decades. This is the best one I've played in 10 years.

Any reasoning for this? I had Madden 05, 06, and 07 for the Gamecube and absolutely loved them. Got Madden 09 on the Wii and hated it, although it was probably the Wii's fault. Got Madden 13 a couple years ago on the PS3 and hated it, the older ones just seemed to play out better. I have a PS4 and I'm hearing a lot of nice things about 15, but I'm not sure if it's just the fact that it's new.

Dayze 08-27-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 10854610)
Any reasoning for this? I had Madden 05, 06, and 07 for the Gamecube and absolutely loved them. Got Madden 09 on the Wii and hated it, although it was probably the Wii's fault. Got Madden 13 a couple years ago on the PS3 and hated it, the older ones just seemed to play out better. I have a PS4 and I'm hearing a lot of nice things about 15, but I'm not sure if it's just the fact that it's new.

probably to some degree. There was a lot of the game that felt the same to me. I, personally, didn't see hardly any difference in graphics during gameplay. I"m sure there is if you went up to a side by side comparison, but I couldn't pick it out.

I did like playing on defense a LOT better. easier to tackle; just overall better feel.

Urc Burry 08-27-2014 07:55 PM

Playing chiefs - eagles online. "Two of the best tight ends in the league on each team."

I knew the commentary would be bad, but that's ridiculous

Ragged Robin 08-27-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10853810)

No, that's pretty realistic. Look at the alignment. The player needed to slide protection to the right and step up. It looks like he was just pulling the backwards stick like a noob instead of letting the animations do the dropback for him. A real player would slide protection to the right, maybe manually tell the back to block right to give them some help, recognize it's Cover 4 so cancel that 5 step drop after 3 steps by tapping forward, then hit the split end on the slant.

GoShox 08-27-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10854733)
probably to some degree. There was a lot of the game that felt the same to me. I, personally, didn't see hardly any difference in graphics during gameplay. I"m sure there is if you went up to a side by side comparison, but I couldn't pick it out.

I did like playing on defense a LOT better. easier to tackle; just overall better feel.

Thanks for the reply. I can't even count how many reviews that have said "this really is the best Madden I've played in years." I think if so many people are saying that.. the game has to be more impressive than usual. I'll probably end up buying it.