ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sooooooo what was the point behind the London 'home' game again? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292119)

BlackOp 04-27-2015 12:36 AM

KC will never host a Superbowl. There is nothing around the stadium. Does the NFL want to expose 1 billion people world-wide to the fine, fine architecture of Raytown? Even if the stadium was located downtown..there just isn't enough culture/infrastructure to support an event like this. Who would want to fly to KC in January...I dont like flying there even when there isn't a Superbowl.

Red Beans 04-27-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11461195)
...there just isn't enough culture/infrastructure to support an event like this.

Oh come on now. There are enough whores in KC to go around.

Katipan 04-27-2015 06:10 AM

The Super Bowl brings its own interactive events. I'd guess your lack of hotel rooms are a bigger problem than some of you want to admit.

Chief Roundup 04-27-2015 09:18 AM

I keep seeing these comparisons to KC and Indy about hosting the SB. One of the things mentioned was that KC was short on hotels. Just for a little more on that comparison that I have not seen is the actual numbers. According to Google KC has 140 hotels, motels, Inns & Suites, Bed and Breakfast combined, while Indianapolis has 238 combined.

L.A. Chieffan 04-27-2015 09:28 AM

why dont you guys see as an opportunity to visit the UK and catch a Chiefs game in person? i think watching chiefs football one day and seeing the national gallery the next is pretty cool

donkhater 04-27-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11460105)
Indianapolis was considered one of the best SB experiences in recent history. Even the people who think it should only rotate between NO/SD/Miami thought it was great.

One, the stadium is indoors. More important, it's downtown. They put all the events right downtown and turned it into Super Bowl central. You didn't have to go anywhere else like you would in other cities.

Indianapolis also hosts the Indy 500 every year, and the Final Four every 4-5 years. They are well equipped to host huge events.

They lucked out with the weather that week though, no doubt about it.

They (we) lucked out, no doubt. But even if it was bad, it would have turned out all right. There are multiple hotels and restaurants within a couple blocks of the convention center which can hold whatever you wish for an event. Add to that, you can walk to Lucas Oil stadium through the Convention center without ever going outside.

Downtown is a direct shot from the Airport. Basically once there, you wouldn't need a car, or cab, the entire time.

kcfanXIII 04-27-2015 11:23 AM

Regardless of why the Clarks decided to ship a home game off to london, I won't be watching. #1 that is too damn early on a Sunday. #2 **** the greed. I know it won't mean a damn thing to Hunt, or the NFL, but I hate the London game concept. I've not watched a single London game since the stupidity started, and I won't start now just because the Chiefs are playing in it.

BlackOp 04-27-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater (Post 11461472)
They (we) lucked out, no doubt. But even if it was bad, it would have turned out all right. There are multiple hotels and restaurants within a couple blocks of the convention center which can hold whatever you wish for an event. Add to that, you can walk to Lucas Oil stadium through the Convention center without ever going outside.

Downtown is a direct shot from the Airport. Basically once there, you wouldn't need a car, or cab, the entire time.

I was in Indy during the Combine in 2014...It has a much better layout than KC. The hotel was the one directly connected to the stadium..there were football people everywhere. I wouldn't say there is more culture there though...couple of steak joints.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11461444)
why dont you guys see as an opportunity to visit the UK and catch a Chiefs game in person? i think watching chiefs football one day and seeing the national gallery the next is pretty cool

I agree.