ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Geno Smith Jaw Broken By Teammate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293858)

MahiMike 08-12-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11653604)
Insult to injury that Geno Smith, a guy who makes over a million dollars a year, can't repay a $600 debt. LMAO

What are the chances this scrub ever starts a game again?

Insert your own racist comment here--->

Marcellus 08-12-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11655046)
He never should have started year one. Not a game. He wasn't mature enough and he wasn't football ready either.

He should have sat and learned from the mistakes of whatever scrub QB's they had year 1...

Yea it's not possible that he just simply sucks like did the end of his college career and the bowl game.

It's not possible he is just a smug pouty douche like he was during predraft and at the draft.

This is all a conspiracy against the great Geno who should have been a slam dunk HOF player had the cards not been stacked against him by forces beyond his control.

Or he simply sucks and what people have been saying about his attitude and demeanor are spot on.

It's one of those things.

Sandy Vagina 08-12-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11655068)
Yea it's not possible that he just simply sucks like did the end of his college career and the bowl game.

It's not possible he is just a smug pouty douche like he was during predraft and at the draft.

This is all a conspiracy against the great Geno who should have been a slam dunk HOF player had the cards not been stacked against him by forces beyond his control.

Or he simply sucks and what people have been saying about his attitude and demeanor are spot on.

I don't really agree with it, but Geno is just made the posterboy for fans that want and wanted their own early rd QB pick to develop.

It doesn't matter that Geno sucks.. or is a douche... or if he always sucks at pro ball. It's all about wanting their franchise to take that big swing for the fences, and the thrill of seeing whether that risk pays off.

( It's lacking any sense of situational reality that the new-arriving coaches... most fans... and very importantly, the top players.. want their team to be competitive now. They don't want to sit through and endure shit years while developing that rookie QB behind a bottom tier OL and WR corps.) The coaches actually want to keep their jobs long enough to build a winner.

Whether big brother's clothes or nice or not... some are not happy with putting on some other person's clothes.

Eleazar 08-12-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11655144)
I don't really agree with it, but Geno is just made the posterboy for fans that want and wanted their own early rd QB pick to develop.

It doesn't matter that Geno sucks.. or is a douche... or if he always sucks at pro ball. It's all about wanting their franchise to take that big swing for the fences, and the thrill of seeing whether that risk pays off.

( It's lacking any sense of situational reality that the new-arriving coaches... most fans... and very importantly, the top players.. want their team to be competitive now. They don't want to sit through and endure shit years while developing that rookie QB behind a bottom tier OL and WR corps.) The coaches actually want to keep their jobs long enough to build a winner.

Whether big brother's clothes or nice or not... some are not happy with putting on some other person's clothes.

He wasn't made a poster boy by anyone but the Geno At 1.1 crowd.

This is what we'd get if the Geno Mafia were in charge. This is where the "it doesn't matter if there is any QB worth the draft position where we find ourselves, you pick the BQBA no matter what" path ends.

(To say nothing of CP's absolutely desolate history of evaluating QBs)

Pitt Gorilla 08-12-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11655046)
He never should have started year one. Not a game. He wasn't mature enough and he wasn't football ready either.

He should have sat and learned from the mistakes of whatever scrub QB's they had year 1...

He still isn't mature enough. Anyone who thinks the Chiefs should have taken him at 1.1 is insane.

Eleazar 08-12-2015 09:30 AM

IIRC Jets themselves passed on him three times, if you count trading down when he was available. The entire league had Geno "don't call me a punchline" Smith figured out before the draft as not being a franchise type.

ThaVirus 08-12-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11654953)
One happened on the field. That's tolerable. Not good, but tolerable. If your QB is getting into altercations off the field with teammates, then that's a major problem.

If the report about Maclin and Cooper was that they were fighting in the locker room, then that would be a major story. But on the field, it's not as bad. Now obviously Cam being a QB changes things, but same principle applies for me.

You make a valid point, but given the fact that Cam was the aggressor in his case I'd say the two are about equally as bad.

You don't want your QB getting into violent altercations under any circumstances.

Tombstone RJ 08-12-2015 09:38 AM

Meh, Geno is an immature idiot and he got punched out over a stupid, peddly $600. Both players were wrong but Geno's actions just prove he's immature.

Rausch 08-12-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Oh, it's very possible.

Looking back now it's probable.

Quote:

In short I think you're right. I think I was wrong about his potential and I think you're right.

My point would be that if he were ever to have a chance he needed that Chad Pennington/Steve McNair/Discount Double Check grooming. He was the prime example of needing that...

Otter 08-12-2015 09:59 AM

The Mack Daddy Chocolate pininia. Geno mafia whacked. Again.

I have plenty of Jersey Connections. I'll see if I can get an address for you girls to mail get well cards and dick pics to cheer him up.

Al Bundy 08-12-2015 10:08 AM

Well at least we know Winston is no Geno Smith.

Marcellus 08-12-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11655207)
Oh, it's very possible.

Looking back now it's probable.

In short I think you're right. I think I was wrong about his potential and I think you're right.

My point would be that if he were ever to have a chance he needed that Chad Pennington/Steve McNair/Discount Double Check grooming. He was the prime example of needing that...

I'm still in belief that Dorsey and Reid will be drafting our Future Franchise QB at some point. this is the group to get it done.

Marcellus 08-12-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 11655269)
Well at least we know Winston is no Geno Smith.

He hasn't choked in every big game he has played. It's going to be interesting to see how he pans out. Marriotta as well. Both could boom or bust.

Fairplay 08-12-2015 10:14 AM

The Geno mafia, that still cracks me up. LMAO

I do remember if you stated anything negative about Geno on here certain members would do the beat down on you, now look at them sulking away watching their beat off QB punched in the jaw.

Hamburglar 08-12-2015 10:27 AM

A leader should never put himself in a position to take money from his men. Plus Geno poked him before the punch. Geno deserved it. Even Revis expressed unhappiness about the Jets cutting the guy who punched him. I hope he gets another shot. He is the victim.