ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Off-season 2016 thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300473)

DJ's left nut 07-01-2016 04:01 PM

Holy ****...someone guaranteed that dude almost $40 million?

Yeah, that's worse than Mozgov. At least Mozgov is big and was in pretty high demand before his cyst issue last year. Dellavadova is just a piece of shit and should give LeBron...I dunno....all of that. Seriously, he's out of the league if he's not playing on the Cavs with James.

dirk digler 07-01-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12298193)
Holy ****...someone guaranteed that dude almost $40 million?

Yeah, that's worse than Mozgov. At least Mozgov is big and was in pretty high demand before his cyst issue last year. Dellavadova is just a piece of shit and should give LeBron...I dunno....all of that. Seriously, he's out of the league if he's not playing on the Cavs with James.

The Bucks did

4:34 p.m. ET: Restricted free agent Matthew Dellavedova has agreed to a four-year, $38.4 million deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, a source told ESPN's Jeff Goodman. The Bucks are confident the Cavs will not match the offer sheet, sources said. The Cavaliers have three days to do so once the offer sheet is signed. July 7 is the first day free agents may sign deals.

RealSNR 07-01-2016 04:09 PM

That's pretty great news for the Wolves, I think. There aren't many good point guards on the market, and as soon as Conley re-signs and Lin and a few other deals get finalized, the Wolves are going to be left holding onto a starting PG that teams may be desperate to acquire (at a price, keep in mind, that is reigned in compared to the new contracts given out in this free agency period).

Everybody likes to shit on Rubio, but the fact is you CAN win a lot of games with him as your starting PG. He showed this year that his two previous season-ending injuries were flukes, and he's able to start a full slate of regular season games.

Think of him as the Alex Smith of PGs. If you're desperate for one, you can do a lot worse, and he'll make your offense flow nicely. If you've got a good coach and some shooters, he'll get them the ball and play great defense.

The Bad Guy 07-01-2016 04:16 PM

I honestly couldn't hate Jim Buss and Mitch Kupcake more if I tried so until they are gone, I will treat the Lakers like I did the Chiefs during the last few Pioli years.

I like Luke Walton a lot, I just don't see how this team wins anymore than 20 games as constructed.

New World Order 07-01-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12298208)
I honestly couldn't hate Jim Buss and Mitch Kupcake more if I tried so until they are gone, I will treat the Lakers like I did the Chiefs during the last few Pioli years.

I like Luke Walton a lot, I just don't see how this team wins anymore than 20 games as constructed.

ESPN needs to get an interview with Kupchak ASAP.

He must be hiding.

chiefzilla1501 07-01-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 12298195)
The Bucks did

4:34 p.m. ET: Restricted free agent Matthew Dellavedova has agreed to a four-year, $38.4 million deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, a source told ESPN's Jeff Goodman. The Bucks are confident the Cavs will not match the offer sheet, sources said. The Cavaliers have three days to do so once the offer sheet is signed. July 7 is the first day free agents may sign deals.

I really like Delly. But that is highway robbery. Thanks God the Cavs won the championship last year. Be not much hope with these insane contracts

dirk digler 07-01-2016 05:22 PM

DHoward going to Atlanta for 3 years $70.5 million. I can't believe teams are this stupid. He is a ****ing team wrecker.

kcxiv 07-01-2016 06:09 PM

lol. Hawks are going to learn. Howard is a terrible teammate. Its everyone elses fault but his. He just hops from team to team hoping to find the "right" team for him. lol

mcaj22 07-01-2016 06:42 PM

I thought Mozgov was the worst initially last night

then today happened

Solomon Hill got 52 million

Evan Turner got 70 million

THESE GUYS ARE GARBAGE. Like Solomon Hill just signed a contract like the Chiefs paid Jeremy Maclin. What a world.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-01-2016 07:04 PM

NBA owners literally cannot help themselves. They are the dumbest bunch with money I've ever seen.

tk13 07-01-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12298390)
NBA owners literally cannot help themselves. They are the dumbest bunch with money I've ever seen.

That combined with a major increase in the salary cap & floor, and there you go. Everybody said this was coming. I was watching SportsCenter the other day and one of the analysts said this was going to happen, tons of crazy contracts with all that space.

KevB 07-01-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12298395)
That combined with a major increase in the salary cap & floor, and there you go. Everybody said this was coming. I was watching SportsCenter the other day and one of the analysts said this was going to happen, tons of crazy contracts with all that space.

Mike Conley, who is a very solid player but not a superstar just agreed to 5 years at $153M. That is stupid money.

The Bad Guy 07-01-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12298239)
ESPN needs to get an interview with Kupchak ASAP.

He must be hiding.

He's the most boring ****er ever to talk to. His interviews should be shown in sleep clinics.

tk13 07-01-2016 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 12298416)
Mike Conley, who is a very solid player but not a superstar just agreed to 5 years at $153M. That is stupid money.

Joins Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant as the only players to make $30 million a year.

tk13 07-01-2016 10:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING NEWS: Hornets reach agreement with Stan Podolak in 4 year, $74 Million deal <a href="https://t.co/SG6D0b7Ydv">pic.twitter.com/SG6D0b7Ydv</a></p>&mdash; Marvelous David (@Marvelouspapi) <a href="https://twitter.com/Marvelouspapi/status/749080504503115777">July 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>