ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Other Games Pokemon Go: Augmented Reality (AR) Game For Your Smart Phone (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300650)

listopencil 07-21-2016 10:09 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1wCXr_6wgns?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2016 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12325725)
A few years ago the power went out in our section of town. I called and they told me that it would be a 24 hour outage. No biggie. I have oil lamps and the fridge wasn't loaded up very heavy. I figured we all had books we could read. When I got off the phone with the power company I went in to my teen son's room to let him know what was going on. After 15-20 minutes without power he had already completed a cardboard suit or armor and was working on his weps. He had markers set out and had already drawn out what he wanted for the heraldry on the shield.

Mine did the exact same thing too, and the power wasn't even out. I'm not saying they lack the capacity to be creative, but mostly, when given a choice, they will choose the easier entertainment.

listopencil 07-22-2016 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12327860)
Mine did the exact same thing too, and the power wasn't even out. I'm not saying they lack the capacity to be creative, but mostly, when given a choice, they will choose the easier entertainment.

Depends on their age and what they're into.

Sorce 07-22-2016 09:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4waiOrBe5w

Setsuna 07-22-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12327311)
OK. You don't know what you're talking about because you don't have kids, so you're just mouthing those generalizations that older people use that pretty much only amount to: Get off my lawn!

I do. Your one child doesn't equate to the majority of children his age so your little story about him was just "hey look at how smart and imaginative my kid is!" and contributed nothing to the discussion.

listopencil 07-22-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 12328101)
I do. Your one child doesn't equate to the majority of children his age so your little story about him was just "hey look at how smart and imaginative my kid is!" and contributed nothing to the discussion.

My four children aged (this year) from 19 to 32 have taught me quite a bit about raising kids. So did my 15 years of activity in the Boy Scouts (leader and assistant leader) and my 6 years of experience in the Girl Scouts. As well as the hundreds and hundreds of hours I spent volunteering at various public schools. My example is just one of many I could give you involving my children and the children of others that directly contradict your meaningless generalizations. You don't know what you are talking about here and it's obvious. You are making yourself look foolish.

RustShack 07-22-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 12326069)
Yes, doing better than you were is great until you learn that you're not doing as good as you could. Slowly walking and pausing does not get your heart rate up. It's not "effective" exercise. Someone was comparing this game as being better than the NFL's Play 60 program, the goal of which isn't just to get kids outside, it's to get them outside and healthy. I like the game. But I guess I'm just too stupid to believe the hype that this game is better for kids than programs designed to get kids healthy. It's a start, but it's not more effective.

No, but it's better than them sitting in the ****ing basement like they have been.

salame 07-23-2016 10:00 AM

yet this forum is so many of your lives.....

mr. tegu 07-25-2016 10:26 PM

How long until you can go fight virtual zombies?

listopencil 07-26-2016 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12334593)
How long until you can go fight virtual zombies?

The Russians are working on their own app using historical figures.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-26-2016 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12326010)
My girl played the game like crazy for a few days. One day she legit made me drive her around to find some rare Pokemon and another day she made me take her to the beach to find some water types. Thankfully she's slowed down a bit because she says the app sucks, but she's fine as hell and has no shame.

My best friend also has no shame in the fact that she's obsessed with the game and she's fine as hell too.

Tons of good looking girls playing this game.

Whatever ya got to tell yourselves brahs. Catch those pokemen! ROFL

TimBone 07-26-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12334695)
Whatever ya got to tell yourselves brahs. Catch those pokemen! ROFL

Caught some just before work today, bitch.

BucEyedPea 07-26-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12334682)
The Russians are working on their own app using historical figures.

Does it including shooting the entire Czar's family once they're all caught?

listopencil 07-26-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12335368)
Does it including shooting the entire Czar's family once they're all caught?

Could be. I haven't looked deeply into it. I wonder if you can catch Anastasia-mon.

Unsmooth-Moment 07-26-2016 05:30 PM

I've had fun playing lately.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk