ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Sleep apnea. Anyone here? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301565)

displacedinMN 10-14-2017 07:26 AM

bump

I had a CPAP for a few weeks. Some improvements-I do not snore. I have not woken up with headaches since I started. I can sleep on my back a little bit. Waiting for that night where I feel like I have had a great night sleep.

Tribesman 10-14-2017 09:18 AM

I recently had surgery to straighten my deviated septum. It's helped with my airway obstruction, but I still snore. My ENT doc claims I went too long before surgery, so the snoring will continue until I can get back on my CPAP (my deviated septum was causing too much back pressure with the CPAP to where I couldn't hardly exhale). So, we'll see.
One thing that did help that I continue doing: I use a wedge pillow to sleep in a slightly elevated position. My wife claims it does reduce my snoring. I just thought I'd share. Perhaps it might help someone else here.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Frazod 10-14-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13147796)
bump

I had a CPAP for a few weeks. Some improvements-I do not snore. I have not woken up with headaches since I started. I can sleep on my back a little bit. Waiting for that night where I feel like I have had a great night sleep.

Sounds like you might need a better mattress. I upgraded to a tempurpedic a few years ago and that made my waking up with sore back issues go away completely.

CapsLockKey 10-14-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13147796)
bump

That's good progress. After a couple months is when I really started noticing differences in my health. I had a check up visit with my sleep doctor last week. I got my CPAP last March. I went from pre hypertension blood pressure levels to normal. Lost 25 pounds. I'm 41 and haven't felt this good since I was in my 20's.

Granted it's not all from the CPAP as I started working out more and watching my diet better but the CPAP kick started it for me mainly because I never had the energy to push myself before due to not getting restful sleep.

Elwaysux 10-14-2017 11:48 AM

I've been on the CPAP for a couple of years now. Definitely helped my energy level and my blood pressure is much better. It does take a little bit to get used to but worth it.

RippedmyFlesh 10-14-2017 03:41 PM

Some people can lose weight to treat this. My brother actually used a CPAP I went through a couple of techs and over 1/2 dozen models but could never get a good seal so I said **** it. He lost weight and got off his so I did same thing.

displacedinMN 03-21-2018 04:29 PM

Bump because of the other thread.

Bought a new mattress in January. Did the Origional mattress facroty bed. We have to flip it but it is not all foam. It has full springs and foam padding.

My back does not hurt. I sleep better. I do not get tired an hour after I wake up. I don't get headaches like I used to. I don't take Exedrin Migraine three times a week. I don't snore. I don't feel the need to nap every night when I get home. I don't wake up at 3 am to pee. My pee is a lighter color. (TMI).

Probably won't lose weight until I quit drinking Mt. Dew. But I figure I just added years to my life.

Buehler445 03-21-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13482164)
Bump because of the other thread.

Bought a new mattress in January. Did the Origional mattress facroty bed. We have to flip it but it is not all foam. It has full springs and foam padding.

My back does not hurt. I sleep better. I do not get tired an hour after I wake up. I don't get headaches like I used to. I don't take Exedrin Migraine three times a week. I don't snore. I don't feel the need to nap every night when I get home. I don't wake up at 3 am to pee. My pee is a lighter color. (TMI).

Probably won't lose weight until I quit drinking Mt. Dew. But I figure I just added years to my life.

From your comments I’m presuming you’re coming from a foam mattress? I bought a Casper and love it.

displacedinMN 03-22-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13482563)
From your comments I’m presuming you’re coming from a foam mattress? I bought a Casper and love it.

Yes, It had developed two divots. One where I slept and another when I slept when we turned it 90 degrees. So I was not happy. my wife would roll down hill when she moved towards my 20% of what she allowed me to have.

journeyscarab 03-22-2018 09:00 AM

I just did a home study and I should be getting the initial results within 7-14 days. Then they'll decide if I need an in-lab sleep study and then fitting for the equipment. Had a heart scare during a routine physical which prompted me to finally check into sleep apnea causing my heart arrhythmia.

Working on losing weight, eating better and then if they hook me up with the cpap hopefully that will help improve my health, energy and weight loss.

InChiefsHeaven 03-22-2018 10:56 AM

The CPAP has been a Godsend for me. Had it since last May, and it took a while to get consistent good night's sleep, but I don't think I could live without it. Now diet and exercise are kicking in, and I'm feeling better than I have in 25 years probably.