ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey reportedly candidate for Packers GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305034)

Dinny Bossa Nova 01-08-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12668647)
I can not stand Dinny.

His posting style is epic dipshittery topped with amazing dumbassery, wrapped in sheer ****ing stupidity, but he is being sarcastic there.

People like you shouldn't drink.

Hugs.

Dinny

milkman 01-08-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova (Post 12668813)
People like you shouldn't drink.

Hugs.

Dinny

When the world is free of dipshits of your level, I won't need to drink.

Dinny Bossa Nova 01-08-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12668821)
When the world is free of dipshits of your level, I won't need to drink.

Aw shucks, milk. You wanna hang out sometime?

Dinny

Gravedigger 01-08-2017 04:26 PM

If it were me I would take the difficult but more rewarding route. Green Bay is simple compared to KC. You know you'll be set for a decade regardless of how you do just as long as you don't struggle with constant 6 win seasons or less. You can build something in Kansas City and be known as the best GM the Chiefs have ever had. That's legacy in it's truest form, going to the Packers you're looking for the easy paycheck with Aaron Rodgers leading your offense for likely the next 7-10 years and the likelihood that you'll never surpass Ted Thompson in the eyes of the fans. I would use this story as leverage and get money and build something special here in KC.

O.city 01-08-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12668583)
It's not weird at all. It's an NFL reporter trying to connect dots to a job that doesn't exist.

Pure media speculation, otherwise known as bullshit.

I dunno, I don't think he would throw shit at the wall, but I don't k ow where it would come from

DaFace 01-08-2017 04:29 PM

Wonder if there's any chance this is part of a negotiation tactic for Dorsey. If it's just a standard contract extension, everyone generally assumes you're going to continue as-is with some small escalators each year. But now, we may have a bidding war.

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2017 04:44 PM

To have a bidding war, there needs to be an open position.

Currently, there is not a GM opening in Green Bay.

tk13 01-08-2017 04:50 PM

Honestly, even if we became super aggressive and drafted 1st round QBs every year... we simply are not going to find an Aaron Rodgers. There's nothing else like him in the league.

For that alone, I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey considered it.

milkman 01-08-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 12668894)
If it were me I would take the difficult but more rewarding route. Green Bay is simple compared to KC. You know you'll be set for a decade regardless of how you do just as long as you don't struggle with constant 6 win seasons or less. You can build something in Kansas City and be known as the best GM the Chiefs have ever had. That's legacy in it's truest form, going to the Packers you're looking for the easy paycheck with Aaron Rodgers leading your offense for likely the next 7-10 years and the likelihood that you'll never surpass Ted Thompson in the eyes of the fans. I would use this story as leverage and get money and build something special here in KC.

Thompson's legacy is built on one SB season and the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

The Pack have been, through most of his tenure, a mediocre team propped up by the greatness of Rodgers.

Rain Man 01-08-2017 06:08 PM

It would be stupid to go to Green Bay. If you go to Green Bay and have wild success, you'll still be ranked low in Packers lore. Vince Lombardi has championships, Brett Faw-vuh-ruh has championships, even Don Hutson has championships. Your success would be in some back hallway of the Packers' museum. That's no legacy.

On the other hand, the Chiefs have won precisely squat for 40+ years. You build a championship team here and you're going to be revered.

milkman 01-08-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12669330)
It would be stupid to go to Green Bay. If you go to Green Bay and have wild success, you'll still be ranked low in Packers lore. Vince Lombardi has championships, Brett Faw-vuh-ruh has championships, even Don Hutson has championships. Your success would be in some back hallway of the Packers' museum. That's no legacy.

On the other hand, the Chiefs have won precisely squat for 40+ years. You build a championship team here and you're going to be revered.

I am not sure that it matters one way or the other to Dorsey, but if/when it happens in KC, Reid will get the lion's share of credit on the national level.

KChiefs1 01-08-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12669002)
Thompson's legacy is built on one SB season and the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

The Pack have been, through most of his tenure, a mediocre team propped up by the greatness of Rodgers.

McCarthy can thank Aaron Rodgers for his job too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tombstone RJ 01-08-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12669330)

lol, let me translate this kc logic: don't go to a winner where expectations are high and a winning tradition is ingrained. Stay where things suck, because chiefs.

kcpasco 01-08-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12669655)
lol, let me translate this kc logic: don't go to a winner where expectations are high and a winning tradition is ingrained. Stay where things suck, because chiefs.

Trying to understand your logic. The GM is responsible for a franchise sucking. So if the Chiefs continue to suck that would mean Dorsey is a lousy GM.

So are you saying John Dorsey has done a terrible job?

RunKC 01-08-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 12669655)

go back to your couch, troll