ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet New Rules & Guidelines and Romper Room Description (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305711)

Nickhead 02-02-2017 08:45 PM

in thread intermission video:

Rock vs Cow :D

NSFW

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xFRLtwH8jlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimBone 02-02-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12723625)
ROFL

Hahaha. I thought of that as soon as I read your post. Glad you got a laugh from it.

Nickhead 02-02-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12723627)
No. That is funny.

is my take as well, i just wanted to give DaneMcCumBubble his moment in the sun, cause we all know he could use some :D

kccrow 02-02-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12723610)
Obviously the User stalking and Douchebag Rule are going to be, at least a bit, subjective. However, they needed to be added for certain cases.

For example, I don't know if you remember the old Frazod-KCNative feuds. But it got to the point where Frazod couldn't post in any thread without KCNative showing up and posting something like, "Hey Frazbob, just wanted to let you know that you're a blah blah blah blah..."

That's user stalking. I could have worded it as harassment, but that would be subjective to moderator opinion as well.

You will have to trust the mods on that one. If your engaging in normal football talk, making solid posts, and not intentionally seeking out a user, then that rule should never apply to you.

As far as the Douchebag Rule, that was a special request from a mod that has been doing this job very well for a long time, and basically said, "Look, sometimes people will find a way to **** things up without actually breaking any of the posted rules. You know it when you see it." We have to trust his word, because he's been doing this job for a long time, is level-headed and respected, and knows wht he's talking about.

Once again though, my guess aoumd be that it's for extreme cases. Based on your posts, I don't think you would ever have anything to worry about.

There will be some mod trust required, of course. But I think all of the mods are looking to do a great job, and are more than capable of making level-headed decisions regarding these issues.

We literally posted at the same time. I don't have personal issues with any moderator past nor present. I have some issues with how some situations were handled in the past by moderators, such as banning from threads, and the forum for that matter, because of differing opinion. So no, I don't just "trust" moderators in all aspects, and that isn't because I have a personal issue with the mods nor do they have one with me. This is about bettering the forum overall and I'm voicing this opinion with that in mind.

Like I said in my response, you need to be more clear about what "being a douchebag" is, and the types of behaviors that could result in some type of moderator action.

I was here to see the KCNative crap, but I was a much more passive and outside observer at the time because I primarily posted at CC. I understand excessive stalking and seeking out a user in every possible way like Native did. What I don't want to see happen is that people like Tiger get whiny about someone responding to them in threads they post in and crying "oh quit stalking me" because its happened already. If the guy is posting in threads and people are responding to him, primarily on topic, then I don't see that as stalking in any way. There needs to be a clear separation line.

kccrow 02-02-2017 08:51 PM

And I posted at the same time as Tim again. I'm going to shut up for a while. :D

SAUTO 02-02-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12723637)
We literally posted at the same time. I don't have personal issues with any moderator past nor present. I have some issues with how some situations were handled in the past by moderators, such as banning from threads, and the forum for that matter, because of differing opinion. So no, I don't just "trust" moderators in all aspects, and that isn't because I have a personal issue with the mods nor do they have one with me. This is about bettering the forum overall and I'm voicing this opinion with that in mind.

Like I said in my response, you need to be more clear about what "being a douchebag" is, and the types of behaviors that could result in some type of moderator action.

I was here to see the KCNative crap, but I was a much more passive and outside observer at the time because I primarily posted at CC. I understand excessive stalking and seeking out a user in every possible way like Native did. What I don't want to see happen is that people like Tiger get whiny about someone responding to them in threads they post in and crying "oh quit stalking me" because its happened already. If the guy is posting in threads and people are responding to him, primarily on topic, then I don't see that as stalking in any way. There needs to be a clear separation line.

That it's our job to figure out

2112 02-02-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12723457)
The puppies were me so shut up

Jesus that post went over your head (and it was said tongue in cheek) Calm down, Mr. Moderator

SAUTO 02-02-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 12723644)
Jesus that post went over your head (and it was said tongue in cheek) Calm down, Mr. Moderator

I didn't ban you so obviously I'm calm lol

nothing goes over my head

stumppy 02-02-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12723646)
I didn't ban you so obviously I'm calm lol

nothing goes over my head

You're too fast, you would catch it.

TimBone 02-02-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Your last paragraph is an important point. And I agree. I do think I need to re-word that section a bit to draw a more definitive line, specifically to avoid what it looks like Tiger is already trying to do. In the end, though, some of it will still be subjective.

And don't quit posting your opinions. Feedback is what we want.

KS Smitty 02-02-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12723531)
It was discussed but in reality, none of the mods have the time to moderate that forum.

It would be a full time job for sure.

Bugeater 02-02-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Part of the problem, IMO anyway, is that the moderators had gotten away from acting as a team, and a lot more singular action was starting to get taken. I don't see that being the case with the current crew.

LiveSteam 02-02-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 12723566)
I was specifically talking about D.C.

It did say "Enter and participate at your own peril. This forum is hardly moderated on any level so please be aware going in. You're going to be offended. By someone. Repeatedly. Your choice to enter."

So I was just simply saying, unless it's real life cross over or a threat of body harm (legitimate), you're on your own in D.C.

I think evey American under the age of 65 should be forced to spend a month in there. I've never been more sure about anything in my life

KS Smitty 02-02-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

I think whiney bitches should also be sent to Romper Room. Just because the mods are trying to clarify unacceptable behavior shouldn't mean the pussification of CP.

Hammock Parties 02-02-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 12723664)
I think whiney bitches should also be sent to Romper Room.

In that case we'd have to put every member of the forum in there.