ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you return your shopping cart? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310771)

vailpass 10-13-2017 02:08 PM

Some of you not only return your cart 100% of the time but you say you also seek out and return carts in addition to your own?
Do I have that right?

patteeu 10-13-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13146993)
Some of you not only return your cart 100% of the time but you say you also seek out and return carts in addition to your own?
Do I have that right?

I'm thinking about hiring a team of high school aged workers to go around to all the local grocery stores to help them clean up their cart situation.

vailpass 10-13-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13147001)
I'm thinking about hiring a team of high school aged workers to go around to all the local grocery stores to help them clean up their cart situation.

LMAO
I guess that's part of my surprise here. That is some kid's job. Maybe things are different here; maybe we don't have the seemingly large number of stray carts that the other folks on here seem to experience.

Sorce 10-13-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13147008)
LMAO
I guess that's part of my surprise here. That is some kid's job. Maybe things are different here; maybe we don't have the seemingly large number of stray carts that the other folks on here seem to experience.

At least at the stores I go to, the cart corrals routinely overflow because there is nobody actively retrieving them. I return mine because I always worry about it rolling into someones car after I've left. Sometimes if I can carry the bags to the car I'll leave it in the cart lobby area of the store but not put it away but at that point it's easy for someone to grab and not in danger of rolling across the parking lot.

SAUTO 10-13-2017 03:35 PM

Is putting the cart in a cart corral REALLY returning it?

cooper barrett 10-13-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13147008)
LMAO

My Kroger store has 65 YO men out chasing carts, no lock out devices here...Just the Aldi 25 cent honor system

cooper barrett 10-13-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 13147036)
At least at the stores I go to, the cart corrals routinely overflow because there is nobody actively retrieving them. I return mine because I always worry about it rolling into someones car after I've left. Sometimes if I can carry the bags to the car I'll leave it in the cart lobby area of the store but not put it away but at that point it's easy for someone to grab and not in danger of rolling across the parking lot.

I do the same and just carry the bags to the car if I can.

srvy 10-13-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13147151)

No it corrals it so it cant get loose.

threebag 10-13-2017 05:20 PM

Isn't Aldi's making a push to be one of the top grocery retailers?

DanT 10-13-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13147151)

Yes. The store is making a deal with you. You can take the cart to your car or to the bus stop or where ever, to save you the burden of carrying your load, with the expectation that after dropping off your load you will put the cart somewhere that it can be retrieved by store employees eventually, without unduly jeopardizing the property of others while the cart is awaiting retrieval.

The cart corral is specifically designed to be used to store carts safely. If it can be used safely, then carts can be returned there. If the corral is full or if the weather is so bad that corralled carts could reasonably expected to become a risk to property, then the corral should not be used and the cart should be returned somewhere else safe.

I have zero doubt that there are lots of folks in the world who always return their carts and who will also remove stray carts from the parking lot, because that's something that I do, and I don't think of it as particularly virtuous. That's just common decency.

mlyonsd 10-13-2017 07:11 PM

There's a great grocery chain here called Fareway that doesn't have corrals. They pay high school kids to bag and walk the cart out with you to load your car. Great meat counter, always 4 or 5 guys there to fill your order.

But to the op, of course you should at least take your cart to the corral. If you don't you're a self centered dumbass.

DaneMcCloud 10-13-2017 07:21 PM

As someone that worked in grocery stores during high school and college, I always return my carts.

I'm not sure how it is in other cities these days but there's a Cart Return in every parking aisle where I live, so it's really easy to return it.

Costco's a bit different, as they have guys that look for and return carts, even though there's a Cart bin, but the with the big orange carts, I always return them to the front because they could damage cars pretty easily.

patteeu 10-13-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 13147426)
There's a great grocery chain here called Fareway that doesn't have corrals. They pay high school kids to bag and walk the cart out with you to load your car. Great meat counter, always 4 or 5 guys there to fill your order.

But to the op, of course you should at least take your cart to the corral. If you don't you're a self centered dumbass.

They had a place like that in the town I used to live in.

cooper barrett 10-13-2017 08:00 PM

I remember doing that in high school, but for customers.
I would bag up their purchases and cart them out to their cars, put them in, thank them for their business, and refuse a tip as I took their cart back into the store. It was called service. Back then you never saw carts in the lot as my manager would fire you for more than 1.

Now I go to the store and there is a security guard, who couldn't catch a one armed guy in a wheelchair, standing by the door doing nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 13147367)
Yes. The store is making a deal with you. You can take the cart to your car or to the bus stop or where ever, to save you the burden of carrying your load, with the expectation that after dropping off your load you will put the cart somewhere that it can be retrieved by store employees eventually, without unduly jeopardizing the property of others while the cart is awaiting retrieval.

The cart corral is specifically designed to be used to store carts safely. If it can be used safely, then carts can be returned there. If the corral is full or if the weather is so bad that corralled carts could reasonably expected to become a risk to property, then the corral should not be used and the cart should be returned somewhere else safe.

I have zero doubt that there are lots of folks in the world who always return their carts and who will also remove stray carts from the parking lot, because that's something that I do, and I don't think of it as particularly virtuous. That's just common decency.

cooper barrett 10-13-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13147301)
Isn't Aldi's making a push to be one of the top grocery retailers?

Yes and another euro chain is growing fast too. Lidl

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f69...eExterior1.jpg

http://www.dailypress.com/news/milit...56797-132.html

I just with there was a Jungle Jim's everywhere and not just in Cincy

And yes, this is a grocery store, with some grocery store type eye candy too. They have 24 taps going all the time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cnYZ79PcW3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>