ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Preseason Week 2 - Bears @ Broncos (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316861)

vailpass 08-20-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 13684181)
Maybe It's stupid to think that a Broncos fan would feel differently because they do seem to have a sense of entitlement. But you have no basis to claim that I wouldn't feel the way I described. You don't know me or how I think about things like that. So I'll repeat it.

If I recognized that my team had a built in competitive advantage it wouldn't feel right. And if I knew much of my team's success was due to cheating it wouldn't feel right. If both applied to my team it would temper my enthusiasm for the team's achievements.

I think you may be underestimating how many people might feel the same way.

LMAO

jjchieffan 08-21-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 13684181)
Maybe It's stupid to think that a Broncos fan would feel differently because they do seem to have a sense of entitlement. But you have no basis to claim that I wouldn't feel the way I described. You don't know me or how I think about things like that. So I'll repeat it.

If I recognized that my team had a built in competitive advantage it wouldn't feel right. And if I knew much of my team's success was due to cheating it wouldn't feel right. If both applied to my team it would temper my enthusiasm for the team's achievements.

I think you may be underestimating how many people might feel the same way.

Well, on this board, there's you, and there's me. There's a few others sprinkled in there as well. But not a lot. Unfortunately, the collective morals of this board are borderline serial killer levels. They would take a Chiefs Superbowl win if every team in the playoffs laid down for 60 minutes and not care. It's sad really.

Coochie liquor 08-21-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13684488)
Well, on this board, there's you, and there's me. There's a few others sprinkled in there as well. But not a lot. Unfortunately, the collective morals of this board are borderline serial killer levels. They would take a Chiefs Superbowl win if every team in the playoffs laid down for 60 minutes and not care. It's sad really.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4cb07cbe24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vailpass 08-21-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Would you take a Chiefs SB win even though the opposing QB was a dinosaur?

jjchieffan 08-21-2018 11:18 AM

Manning retired. Brady is a dinosaur though. I would take a Superbowl win that went through New England though. But I can't think of any players old enough to be considered dinosaurs in the NFC that we would face, so your question lacks merit.

vailpass 08-21-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13684749)
Manning retired. Brady is a dinosaur though. I would take a Superbowl win that went through New England though. But I can't think of any players old enough to be considered dinosaurs in the NFC that we would face, so your question lacks merit.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Gclh...o_packer.0.jpg

Rain Man 08-21-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Is that wrong? Because at this point I would take a Super Bowl win in that manner.

jjchieffan 08-21-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13684764)

Well, That is a Packers jersey. He's 35, But I don't think that I would call Aaron Rodgers a dinosaur yet. Brees is getting long in the tooth. I suppose that you could call him a dinosaur. But I would like to see the Chiefs face either one in the Superbowl. I hope that answers your stupid question. Now you can go back to junior high and play with your other immature friends.

jjchieffan 08-21-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13684766)
Is that wrong? Because at this point I would take a Super Bowl win in that manner.

I'm sorry to hear that Rainman. But I get it. Not seeing a Superbowl in over 45 years has made a lot of people desperate for one. Enjoy it all you want. But if it's fixed, I will find no joy whatsoever in it.

Rain Man 08-21-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13684777)
I'm sorry to hear that Rainman. But I get it. Not seeing a Superbowl in over 45 years has made a lot of people desperate for one. Enjoy it all you want. But if it's fixed, I will find no joy whatsoever in it.

I'm not assuming it's fixed. I'm just assuming in your scenario that the other teams are lying down. That's their business if they can't lead their teams.

If it's fixed, then yeah, that's no good. It just becomes like the asterisked ones in the Manning Farewell Tour and back in 1997 and 1998 when they were tainted by salary cap cheating. Obviously those don't count.

jjchieffan 08-21-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13684794)
I'm not assuming it's fixed. I'm just assuming in your scenario that the other teams are lying down. That's their business if they can't lead their teams.

If it's fixed, then yeah, that's no good. It just becomes like the asterisked ones in the Manning Farewell Tour and back in 1997 and 1998 when they were tainted by salary cap cheating. Obviously those don't count.

Well, When I said they were lying down I was meaning it was fixed. Like when when the Panthers laid down in Superfarce 50 for Manning's farewell gift from the league.